Chapter 1

Breaking the rules

"Mingyu-ah I'm leaving! I'll be staying over at Jeonghan's!" Seungcheol called out to his roommate, who was busy washing the dishes.

"I prepare a nice dinner for you and you don't even wash the dishes as thanks?" Mingyu scoffed from the kitchen, putting the last few plates to dry on a rack.

"I'm already late, I'll make up for it, bye!" With that, Seungcheol rushed out the door, leaving Mingyu shaking his head in the kitchen.

Outside the apartment, Seungcheol shivered as the cold winter air hit him. He put on his scarf and picked up his pace. Looking around, he muttered to himself, "Should be somewhere around here..." 

After a couple more minutes of walking, Seungcheol reached his destination. He entered the building and went up the stairs. Reaching the third floor, he briskwalked towards the second door and knocked on it. The door opened and he was met with a mock angry glare.

"Why are you always late?" Jeonghan asked as he invited Seungcheol in. He replied with a small shrug and greeted the other boys in the room, Soonyoung and Jisoo.

"What movie were you planning on watching?" Soonyoung asked, as Jeonghan the TV. Jisoo groaned when he saw that Jeonghan was going to make them watch a horror movie. "Jeonghan, no. You expect us to sleep soundly after this?"

Jeonghan laughed and sat down on the couch with the three of them. "It'll be fine guys, don't worry." 

Yet the four boys ended up screaming throughout the hour long movie, with Soonyoung clutching Seungcheol's arm tightly and Jeonghan and Jisoo covering their eyes with the cushions.

When the movie ended, the four of them sat awkwardly in the living room, taking deep breaths to calm down. Slowly they stood up and made their way to the bedroom. Jeonghan and Jisoo helped to pull out mattresses for Soonyoung and Seungcheol, since the bunk beds weren't big enough for four people. 

"Hyung, I don't think I can sleep tonight." "Just sleep." "Nothing will happen guys, just relax." "Hyuuuung!"

After a while, they eventually fell asleep, oblivious to Seungcheol's constant tossing and turning, unable to sleep. He was the oldest out of them and he had tried not to cover his eyes during the movie, ending up having to watch all the jumpscares and whatever bloody scenes in the movie. As he tried to clear his mind of the thoughts, he felt a small hand slide onto his and hold it tightly. He opened his eyes to see a familiar pink haired boy, much smaller in build than him, sitting in front of him with his head tilted to one side.

"Why watch horror movies when you can't handle it?" The boy mumbled and pushed a strand of hair out of Seungcheol's face.

"Because I know you'll always be here for me, Jihoonie." Seungcheol whispered, grinning widely, thoughts of the movie long forgotten.

At the sentence, Jihoon pouted and flicked him on the forehead, before lying on his stomach next to Seungcheol, his presence allowing Seungcheol to fall asleep in peace. He gently rubbed circles on Seungcheol's hand, staring at the black-haired boy dozing off in front of him. He smiled and mumbled to himself, "A grown man needing someone to pet him to sleep. How adorable."

Suddenly someone called his name. "Jihoon! I see your mortal has trouble sleeping too?" He turned to see another guardian angel, Seokmin, running his hands through Soonyoung's blonde hair. Jihoon chuckled. "He can't see you?" Seokmin shook his head. "Nah, he can. It's just that he was already sleeping like a log, but I thought he would have nightmares, so I came in case. Seokmin is here to save the day!" 

Jihoon rolled his eyes and looked over at Jeonghan and Jisoo. "These two are brave guys," he joked, seeing that both of them seemed to not have any aftereffects from the movie. He turned to see Seokmin tying Soonyoung's hair into apple-hair-ponytails. "So that he'll know I was here." Jihoon shook his head at Seokmin and glanced back at Seungcheol.

"He's holding your hand really tightly."

Jihoon smiled and nodded. "Yeah."

-----------

Note: please leave comments so i know how to improve this fic <3