Pain & Love

Pain & Love - Jaejoong

Guiding the car between the dotted lines and the solid, your thumb tapped softly against the steering wheel, soft music played while your mind began to wonder aimlessly,  Your thoughts trailed from chores you needed to get done to the doctor you had just seen, then to your boyfriend waiting at home. Your hand glided over your stomach slowly as your mind continued to ponder on the past to try and predict what the future would hold.

Lately, your place hadn’t been the peaceful sanctuary it once was, Jaejoong was stressed and on edge a lot lately and almost instantly could change from laughing to angry the next. Taking a deep breath, you took the newly acquired news wondering which side of the coin he was going to be when you told him.

“Where have you been?!” Your boyfriends’ angry tone shook through the apartment, his form emerging from the darkness of the hallway as you stepped foot inside.

“I-I had an a-a-appointment” You stammered, stepping back slightly as you clutched your purse at your side a little tighter than before watching him slow his pace and nod softly.

“Oh….” His tone went soft and quiet instantly as he rounded the couch and eased himself down into the cushions.

“How was your day?” You asked, slipping your shoes off and hanging your jacket up before making your way over to the other side of the couch.

“Not good…” He replied, raking his fingers through his hair as he leaned over his knees, resting his weight on his elbows.

“Why wasn’t it good?” You turned your body towards him more, giving him your full attention.

“Well…” He began as his tongue ran over the pink of his lips, lifting his eyes to yours, you could tell that he had a lot to say but his mouth just hung slightly open.

“You know what… never mind… you wouldn’t understand anyways…” He grumbled, getting up from his seat, he shuffled a few steps across the floor as you knelt on the cushions of the couch.

“I can try to understand, I want to help” You told him, seeing his body fidget with anxiety and unwanted anger.

“You can’t understand, you will never understand, so stop trying to help and stop treating me like a… like a… charity case” His voice rose quickly as his anger boiled over the top.

“You’re not a charity case” You tried to clarify

“How come you were so nice to me then and why do you live with me now? Are you just trying to get something from me? To use me? Huh?” His voice raising increasingly with every question.

“Because I love you” You told him as tears began to sting your eyes while fear started to clutch your chest.

“Yeah right….” He mumbled and folded his arms across his chest.

“Jae” You cooed, standing to your feet and slowly approached him, “What is this all about? You usually aren’t like this, did something happen?”

“What is with all of the questions?” He snapped and turned away from you, running to the bedroom as the slam of the door resonated through your apartment.

Dropping your head slowly, you shuffled over to one of the bar stools and eased yourself up onto the top of one of them, your hands gently rested in your lap as your eyes watched your stomach for a moment.

“Don’t worry, Daddy is nice, I promise” You whispered, your thumb gently tapping against your stomach as you played on your phone for a while before making yourself a bed on the couch.

In the middle of the night, you were fast asleep on the couch as Jaejoong emerged from the bedroom and made his way into the kitchen for a late night snack. Flipping on one of the main lights in the kitchen, he heard a small whimper come from the living room as he froze. Looking over in that direction, he quietly moved over until his eyes fell on your sleeping figure, curled up on the couch under a light blanket.

“What are you doing out here?” He whispered quietly, moving around the couch until he knelt in front of you and brushed some hair out of your eyes. Tucking the loose strands behind your ear, his eyes admired your sleeping features while he his lips slowly.

“I am sorry about earlier sweetie, I just…. my father called me today and… I found out that the family I had been living with adopted me…. all because my real mom couldn’t take care of me when I was younger…. I just grew up with what I thought was my real family, then I found out today they aren’t….” His tone tapered off towards the end as tears slowly trailed down his cheeks. “I’m sorry I was so cold to you and that I yelled at you”

The backs of his fingers brushed over your cheek slowly as he poured his heart and emotions to your sleeping figure. Once he was done, he slid his arms under you and picked you up effortlessly then carried you to the bedroom and slipped you under the sheets.

Morning light bled through the window panes as a warm pair of arms tightened around you, pulling you closer to the warmth of his strong body. Gradually turning over, your eyes laid upon your boyfriend’s wrinkled and tear stained face, the shells of his ears were red as he sniffled a little from which you assumed was from the tears.

“Why are you crying?” You whispered, carefully wiping away his newly fallen tears.

“I’m sorry” His lip gently quivered as he pulled you closer to his body. “Please don’t leave me, you are the only thing I can hang on to”

“Literally” You giggled as he moved his head against your shoulder. Wrapping your arms around his shoulders, you needed to be here for him, no matter what.

Petting his hair soothingly, you held him close while his ear pressed against your chest. Thumping of your heart slowly relaxed his body as his arms slightly loosened around you.

“Whatever it is, we will work through it” You kissed the top of his head while your body rocked him from side to side, “We always do” Nodding his head, he steadied his shaking breaths before looking up into your eyes.

“Promise?” His tone resembled that of a child’s as you smiled and nodded gently.

“Promise” You kissed the tip of his nose ever so softly, resting your forehead against his, your eyes peered into his as his hand gently rubbed your side, your body tensing while your heartbeat picked up.

“We will work hard to make our family as perfect as we can” You reassured him as his eyes were glued to yours.

“W-W-What do you mean our family?” He pulled away so he could tilt his head, unsure of what you were getting to.

“Jae…. we’re going to have a baby” You confessed the diagnosis from your earlier appointment as he blinked at you a few times, the information sinking in as a smile curled on his face.

“W-When did you find out?” He questioned, one of his hands easing down onto your stomach.

“Yesterday” You bit your lip softly as your eyes dropped to his gentle touch.

Jaejoong slowly eased himself down and kissed your stomach softly, “I’m sorry you had to hear Mommy and Daddy fighting…. I promise from now on, we won’t fight and we will make our family better than the one we belong to.”

Once he was done talking, his eyes slowly trailed up your figure to have his eyes meet yours once more. “I’m sorry, I’ve been terrible for the past weeks. I will do better, I want to be better for the two of you,”

“I understand” You whisper gently before he pressed his lips onto yours, making up for all of the hateful words that spilled from his lips, replacing those words with soft brushes of his lips and passionate fireworks coupled with unbridled love for you and the little one.