The Letter

Vinyl, Poetry, and Camera

"Me, and Jonghyun were good friends." Junyoung started his story after being asked by Myungsoo. "I was the first one who knew Saena, because I was a regular at her place. Jonghyun once came with me to looked for vinyl and there they met each other. Saena and Jonghyun were very compatible to each other. It was like every sentences that Saen started, could be finished by Jonghyun and vice versa."

Myungsoo listened to Junyoung carefully, he tried to swallowed every single word that Junyoung said. Junyoung keep looking around, afraid Saena would shows up out of nowhere at a restaurant that was actually quite far a way from where Saena supposed to be right now, at the record store.

Not that Saena would be mad or what, she was the one who told Myungsoo to asked to Junyoung. But Junyoung didn't want to talked about it in front of Saena. Because that means, he have to be ready to see Saena cried. Junyoung hated how hollow she looked like months ago, every thursday he would come is actually to keep Saena feel accompanied and make sure she would do well after the accident a year ago.

"So how did Hanseol knew Saena and Jonghyun?"
"Jonghyun grew up around that neighborhood. He actually went to that library only to impressed Saena and it was close enough to his mother house. Hanseol helped Jonghyun to picked up some good books to showed to Saena. Once in a while, Jonghyun would bring Saena there and Saena probably get to meet Hanseol couple of times."
"And what about the accident we are talking here?"

Myungsoo seemed more and more curious. Junyoung was trying to composed his words, he really looked like he didn't want to talk about it. Myungsoo realized the changed of expression on Junyoung face, he quickly apologized for making Junyoung felt uncomfortable.

"I wouldn't and couldn't tell you in details. But the day when the car accident happened. Jonghyun told Saena to go to Jongdeok Library and find Hanseol because he had something for her and then he would picked her up there. Saena got the accident news when she was on the way to the library." Junyoung paused and looked up to his phone and checked to maks sure what date it was. "That's why she haven't been to that library for a long time. Tomorrow would be exact a year, since Jonghyun passed away."

•••

Couple days after that at the record store, Saena was sitting at their mini cafe. She sat facing back the cafe crowd. It was raining outside, so there was quite a few people at the cafe. There were a group of foreigners with British accent was busy at the vinyl section getting all excited to their founding.

"예쁜 세나!" Junyoung as usual shamelessly called out Saena which made everyone turned their head. He took a seat across mine.

"Did you tell Myungsoo what he needs to know?" That was the first thing that came out from Saena.
"야! Aren't you going to ask how I have been? We didn't meet for a week!" Junyoung tried to change the subject.
"Like this is the first time I didn't see you the whole week!" Saena rolled her eyes jokingly, but she didn't forget the thing that has been on her mind the whole week.

She handed Junyoung the letter she got from Hanseol. "Hanseol gave me this," Saena told Junyoung. Junyoung took it and scanned through the envelope. "You haven't opened it?" Junyoung quipped. Saena shook her head. "Should we-" Junyoung paused his words when there were a bunch of girls approached their seat and asked him for a selfie together with them.

Junyoung never mind to took pictures, gave autograph, or even talked to those who recognized him. Maybe he looks like a snobby rockstar, while actually he is one of the most kind hearted and low profile person Saena ever met. Junyoung was always very genuine and that what made Saena feel comfortable being around him.

"Do you want to read this?" Junyoung asked Saena after he was finished with the girls. Saena eyes was shaking. Junyoung knew it better that he would cry in any moment. "Let's go to your office upstairs, it's better if we read it there."

So up they went to Saena's office. Saena sat on the black couch at the corner of her office, followed by Junyoung. Saena laid her head on the couch arm then closed her eyes. "Oppa, can you just read it to me?" She requested. Junyoung sighed and opened the letter. Himself actually wanted to know what was inside the letter. He opened and his jaw dropped, words failed him. It was a long silence inside the room. He looked at Saena who was still closing her eyes, he didn't have the heart to read it out.

"Maybe, you should read it by yourself," Junyoung told Saena. He really couldn't read it out loud. Saena opened her eyes and fixed her sitting position. Her hand gestured Junyoung to gave it to her. Hesitating, Junyoung gave it to her.

Saena flipped the paper that was given upside down. Junyoung put his eyes closely, waiting for Saena to read it.

Read the poem where you find this letter, after that tell me will you marry me or not?

That was all what written on th letter.

Saena whole body were trembling. A pearl of tears streamed down both of her cheeks. Her breath turned heavier and shorter. She started to sob as she put down the letter on the coffee table in front of her. Despite she didn't know which poem on which page that was meant for her, all she knew; a year ago; Jonghyun supposed to propose her.

Junyoung took Saena's left hand. He put on a pretty crown like ring on her ring finger. "So this was always meant to be for you." Junyoung said. Saena looked at Junyoung then stared at the ring that was put on on her finger. "I know today would be the day I have to give this to you. The police found this inside the car, they gave it to me at the hospital before you came," Junyoung told Saena. "I shouldn't have kept this, but I knew what this ring was meant to be and I knew how it will affected you at that time."

Saena hugged Junyoung, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dragged you into this kind of sorrow." Junyoung caressed Saena's hair and  hugged her tightly, "You deserved to be happy, even without Jonghyun."