Chapter Four

To Hell with That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mari was about to enter the back door of the restaurant when Baekhyun grabbed her wrist and took her. “What the hell?” she mouthed when he just grabbed her like it was the most normal thing in the world.

He dragged her on the streets quite forcefully until she snatched her arm away. “What’s your problem?” she asked, making heads turn. I wouldn’t blame her though, someone just grabbed your wrist and started dragging you away without an explanation.

“Come with me,” he stated, more like an order than a request. What’s his problem anyway? He seemed to be more of a jerk today than usual. Mari was thankful for him comforting her the other day, but she can’t excuse his extra cocky attitude today.

She stayed silent, deliberating the situation in her mind. But before she could decide, Baekhyun had grabbed her again and took her to somewhere god-knows-where. They walked for a few minutes and reached an old, deserted building hidden in one of the streets of Seoul.

He let go and turned to her. Both were silent for a few minutes. They stopped in front of the building where there was only one street light working. It was dark and Mari trembled with the thought of being alone with him. The atmosphere was dense and the sudden swoosh of the wind added effect to the already cold situation.

Mari lifted her eyes from the ground, only to be met by his piercing ones. His eyes weren’t cold like how they were when he was working at the restaurant. They weren’t warm, either. She couldn’t fathom the look he had.

“God, I wanna gobble you right now,” he whispered into the cold air, ruffling his hair while turning away. That ual remark was unnecessary and sent Mari chills. “But at the same time, I can’t, why is that?” he asked her like it was a normal question.

He turned to his heels, ready to leave her, when she spoke, “You’re not yourself. Is something wrong?” she asked, almost nonchalantly, forgetting about is remark earlier. Mari blurted his observation that had been bothering her since he dragged her away from the restaurant.

Baekhyun stopped on his tracks, but didn’t turn around. He fisted the material of his pants and bit his lips. Why is this woman caring about me? He couldn’t quite understand her. Women had always been wrapped around his finger, only staying by his side because of or money, either of the two. But she, she just had to meddle in his personal affairs, even asking if he was alright.

“I’m fine,” he tried sounding okay but his voice broke.

“You have a high fever.” And a hand landed on his cheek as she felt heat under his skin. Her eyes looked worried, while Baekhyun stared at her. “You need to get some rest. Where’s your house?” she asked, removing her scarf and wrapping it around him.

Although he knew she was coming because of pity, he didn’t care anymore. All he cared about was someone to save him from this darkness he’s running away from.

“Take me to the rooftop,” he pleaded, as he blew his words to her cheek. Mari knew he was stubborn, so she decided to let him go wherever he wanted as long as she’s with him. For all she knows, he might collapse if she let him out of her sight.

It was dark, only the faint light from neighbors lighted the rooftop. There were occupants in the first and second floor but the third floor and the rooftop of the building looked li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter