Chapter Two

To Hell with That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let me see, how you gonna treat me. Ain’t no easy, better think about it twice.”

Mari’s voice echoed as she sang Twice’s Ooh Aah while getting out of the shower. Only a towel was wrapped around her body and her dirty clothes in her hands.

“Don’t sing. You voice kills me.” Her body grew limp as she heard the intruder. She looked behind her to find Baekhyun leaning on the door frame. Goosebumps formed on her skin as she became frightened of the situation.

She threw the object in her hands – her dirty clothes at him and screamed, “What the , I thought I told you to stay outside?!” And how she regretted doing that. Her clothes, including her bra and her underwear came flying at him.

Upon realizing, her face turned as red as blood and shamefully picked up her clothes from the floor. She made a dash to her bedroom shouting, “I’m sorry! Please stay outside!”

Baekhyun was confused and at the same time amazed of how a woman in her twenties could embarrass herself more than a seven-year old child peeing in class. “She’s one strange woman.”

Mari closed the door quite forcefully, wishing for the ground to open up and swallow her due to extreme embarrassment in front of someone older, and someone quite respectable. How she wished she could turn back time and correct such mistake.

 

 

“Hurry up! We’re supposed to be there 15 minutes ago!” Baekhyun shouted in a scolding matter and she had no choice but to overcome the embarrassment and go out so she could get this done with. She really can’t lock herself up in her room forever.

Baekhyun looked worried and annoyed as he sat on the sofa, elbows on his knees and hands clasped together in worry. “Finally!” he sighed a sigh of relief as she saw Mari’s shadow. He hurriedly ran to her side and dragged her by the wrist forcefully.

Today, Baekhyun and Mari were supposed to have dinner at a fancy restaurant and show up as the couple they were supposed to be. But turned out, things have gotten out of hand.

As they rode the taxi, both were quiet. Not saying a word. Mari knew he was irritated and he knew they were late of the appointment. He knew it was partially because of the underwear incident but couldn’t care less about it. He remembered he hasn’t given her instructions for today yet so he turned to her to give the instructions.

“Mari,” he said and she turned to him. Her hair flew in the air and quickly touched Baekhyun’s cheek. He recognized the scent was strawberries and came to notice how she looked that night. Her hair was straight and she applied minimum make-up, wore a perfume, a trench coat and possibly a dress underneath. She looked effortlessly average.

Girls usually put a lot of make-up, wear a bold lip color, wear something revealing. But Baekhyun doesn’t understand why Mari didn’t do that. Guess she doesn’t dress to impress?

“Yes?” Mari asked him again. His train of thoughts suddenly disappeared as he explained what do’s and don’ts she should abide to.

 

 

As soon as they e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter