Final

Christmas miracle?

 

 

“Thank you, have a nice day!” Seokjin, or Jin for short, called out to the last customers of the day.

“Byungjoo, lemme see!!” The slightly shorter male whined to his taller companion.

“I will, just not now Hansol hyung! Let’s go get some coffee and we can sit down.”

“Okayy!” Hansol hugged Byungjoo and they awkwardly walked a few steps.

“Ah, hyung, seriously! Walk properly.” Byungjoo shook him off but grabbed his hand instead. The shorter seemed satisfied enough with that and followed behind him happily.

“Ahh, young love~ Reminds me of when I first met Kookie…” Jimin popped up behind Jin and started daydreaming.

Jin shook his head and pushed Jimin to get back to work.

“You can think about him later, just go shelve these new albums that came in. I need to call the customers who pre-ordered them. I’m pretty sure those two are older than you and your ‘cookie’ anyway.” Jin muttered at the end.

“Eyy, hyung you need to loosen up! Have you thought about getting a boyfriend?”

“Not exactly my top priority right now, Jimin.” Jin left it at that as he started calling customers with his employee voice.

“Hmph.” Jimin pouted and went to do his job.

Closing time came and Jimin’s boyfriend, Jungkook, waited in front of the store to pick him up.

“Hey, let’s go now. Taehyung hyung is already waiting for us.”

“Cool! Bye hyung! See you tomorrow!” Jimin waved back to Jin locking up.

“Don’t stay out too late, it’s going to be busy tomorrow!” His words fell on deaf ears and he sighed as he made his way home.

*

“Tae hyung.” Jungkook called out when he and Jimin stepped into a little cafe.

“Oh Kookie! You’re finally here.” A bright rectangular smile greeted the couple. “So you’re Jimin right? Nice to meet you! I’m Taehyung!”

The three continued their conversation to a table inside the cafe. Taehyung and Jimin were chatting happily so Jungkook went to get them drinks. When he came back, he was glad to see his two favourite hyungs getting along so well.

“So Taehyung, do you have a boyfriend?” Jungkook came back to hear Jimin ask curiously. Jungkook sent a small glare at Jimin before he continued his sentence. “Because I know of someone who I think would be perfect for you!”

“Oh, is that so? I guess it wouldn’t hurt to meet him!” Taehyung agreed wholeheartedly.

“Perfect! I’ll let you know when he’s free, so you can meet up with him some time. Give me your number!”

Jungkook silently watched over Jimin’s shoulder as he entered in the phone number in and labelled it as ‘V’.

“You guys talked about nicknames already?” Jungkook asked curiously.

“Yep!” Jimin groaned looking at the time and turned back to Taehyung. “Sorry V, I think I have to go now. Have to wake up bright and early for work.”

“No worries, let’s hang out longer next time!”

Jimin pecked Jungkook’s cheek before leaving the two with a wave. Taehyung waved back while Jungkook shook his head and turned back to Taehyung.

“What are you thinking, hyung?”

“I think he loves you a lot, and also thinks of his other friends well.”

Jungkook flushed, “Not about me! I mean, why did you agree to the blind date? That idiot Jimin didn’t even tell you anything about him, except that hemight be perfect for you.”

“But you trust him right? He seems like a good person with good intentions, I’m sure it’ll be fine!”

“Hmm… If you say so.” Jungkook said thoughtfully.

*

As Jin said, the next day at their workplace was really busy. The store was hosting a fansign for boy group GOT7 and the store was filled with old and new fans. Jin, Jimin, and their other co-workers were running around processing album sales as well as keeping the fansign safe and fun for the fans and workers alike.

“Thank you, please come again! Next please!” Jin smiled before quickly moving onto the next customer.

While Jimin went to the back to restock on some albums, he heard his phone beep. He figured Jin could handle himself for a couple more seconds while he quickly checked the text Taehyung had sent him.

 

Jiminnie, I know you’re busy today so I’ll just send this before I forget! I’m excited to meet your friend, so remember to find out when he’s free!

-TaeTae

 

‘Aww, he’s excited to meet Jin-hyung! I’ll have to ask him right after work when his guards down so he can’t back out!’ Jimin smiled to himself and went back to work.

The time to close up the store finally approached, and Jin found himself barely able to stand on his own anymore as he leaned against the counter watching Jimin do today’s inventory.

“Hey hyung, when are you free?” Jimin started casually.

“Hm? I don’t know, not anytime soon. We have Christmas sales and then possibly another fansign event. It’s going to be busy until the New Year passes.” Jin said thoughtfully as he rests his eyes for a little bit.

“But we’re closed on Christmas Day! You shouldn’t overwork yourself, hyung, look how tired you are now. Maybe you should take a little break.”

“I do have a couple days off right before the sales begin, but I need to do my own Christmas shopping for you guys.”

“It won’t take that long, will it?”

“Maybe, maybe not. Why are you asking so many questions today?” Jin asked curiously as he eyed Jimin lazily.

“No reason…” Jimin trailed off.

“Jimin…” Jin started getting suspicious.

“Well there’s this friend I have, and I think he’d be perfect for you! Meeting him once for a couple hours wouldn’t take too much of your time right?”

Jin sighed heavily, “Jimin, I told you I’m not looking for anyone right now.”

“But hyuuung~” Jimin would not give this up. “Just two hours with him, or even just one! I promise you it will be worth it!”

Jin thought silently for a little bit before sighing again. “I’m not guaranteeing anything, but I’ll try to find time.”

“Good enough!” Jimin grinned brightly. “Call me as soon as you’re free okay, hyung? Otherwise I’m taking matters in my own hands.”

Jin didn’t reply, but a voice in the back of his head told him to give it a try. He shook his head before helping Jimin with the inventory so they could close up quicker.

*

After not hearing from Jin for a couple days since his days off started, Jimin decided to hurry things up. He called Jin first to make sure he would be out of his house today, and met up with Taehyung. The two planned a way for the two to meet, no matter what. Taehyung didn’t mind the craziness they’ve set up, especially since Jimin seemed so eager to help him, he was just going to do whatever he was told.

“Okay, you understand everything?” Jimin asked with a serious face.

Taehyung’s face looked blank, but he smiled brightly at Jimin to reassure him. “Yup! Go to his place and wait somewhere obvious to surprise him.”

“Alright! Good luck tonight then!” Jimin grinned.

*

Jin unlocked his door, lugging bags of presents behind him.

‘Maybe Jimin was right, I am overworking myself… Whatever, gifts are bought and I have tonight and tomorrow to rest up before the craziness happens…’ He thought to himself, half-awake as he made his way into his living room.

He was startled when he noticed a person-shaped lump hidden poorly under a blanket in the middle of the room. Jin rubbed his eyes, thinking he was seeing things, but the lump didn’t disappear. Warily walking closer, he noticed a little sticky note on the front of the lump. As he reached out to pull it off to read, the lump started moving and fell on Jin.

The lump scrambled to get up and get the blanket off his head to quickly apologize, but when his head was free he noticed Jin passed out.

‘Uh-oh.’ Taehyung thought. He hurriedly picked Jin up to lay him on his couch while he paced around thinking out loud what he should do.

“Ahh, I probably blanked out again… But I mean, who wouldn’t after waiting so long? How long has it been- Oh only half an hour. Hm… Should I call Jimin or…?” Taehyung trailed off as he eyed the passed-out boy properly.

Jin was very handsome, Taehyung couldn’t deny that. However, he noticed the handsome face had a bit of a red hue. Moving closer, he put his forehead on the other’s, and noticed it was burning up.

“Oh no! He’s sick! Um, ah… What should I do?” Taehyung panicked.

He tried calling Jimin first, but his same-aged friend didn’t answer. He cursed lightly until he caught sight of Jin’s phone in his front pocket, about to slip out. Taehyung grabbed the phone, being careful not to touch anything else just in case, and silently cheered when Jin’s phone was unlocked. He quickly scrolled through his recently called contacts and noticed the name ‘Hyosang’ popped up a lot.

‘Jimin said he was single… maybe this guy is a close friend?’ Taehyung didn’t think too much of it and pressed the call button.

“Hellooo~ Jinnie?” A nice voice answered.

“Um, h-hello. M-my name’s Taehyung and I need your help with Jin. Nothing too serious, it’s just that it seems he’s caught a fever, and me and my friend’s plan probably shocked him into fainting… But I think the fever was there before but I probably made it worse and-!” He got cut off when his voice started going higher.

“Whoa whoa, whoa. Slow down there kiddo.” Hyosang told him. “Take a deep breath.”

Taehyung did as told.

“Okay, so Jin got sick? I won’t ask about what plan you’re talking about but if you’re with him I guess it doesn’t matter… Just cook him a simple juk and give him some medicine to let him rest better.”

“Ah, okay!” Taehyung calmed down.

“Alright? Okay, call me if you need anything afterwards, Taehyung was it?”

“Y-yes sir! Thank you!”

“Haha, no need to call me sir. Good luck!” Hyosang hung up first.

Taehyung glanced around the neat apartment a bit warily.

“It’s okay, Taehyung! Just a simple juk… Look up a recipe online and you’ll be fine!” He silently cheered himself on as he made his way into the kitchen.

Taehyung was reading the recipe for a simple but tasty juk which required quite a bit of seasonings. He looked around the kitchen before noticing that nothing was labeled. He sighed heavily at his limited knowledge of cooking, but suddenly thought of a great idea and got to work.

Jin woke up groggily a while later, noticing he was lying down on his couch with no memory of how he got there, but more importantly there was a strange smell wafting around his apartment.

‘What the…’ He got up carefully and made his way to the kitchen when he noticed a person working seriously over his stove. Jin looked around and almost had a breakdown. His neat and tidy kitchen was messed up with all sorts of slightly spilled spices, a puddle of water, and most if not all of his pots and pans spread out across the floor.

“Um…” Jin was honestly speechless.

Taehyung whirled around and chuckled sheepishly, flashing Jin a small rectangular smile.

“Um… I was making you some juk because I noticed that you’re a bit feverish, and Hyosang-ssi said something simple would be okay, but I wanted to make sure it was tasty, but your ingredients aren’t really labeled so I kind of just compared the color to whatever I could google, and the smell to what smelled good together, and I wasn’t sure which pot was the right kind to use, or how much water I should have put since I couldn’t find a measuring cup and-”

Jin didn’t hear the rest as he kept staring at this strange boy in his beloved, albeit messed up, kitchen. Somehow he couldn’t find himself to get angry, but he was very curious as to what this guy was saying so quickly before he cut himself off. He felt his heart give a little jump as he was presented with another rectangular smile, and wasn’t sure if it was because of his fever that he felt his face going red.

“Oh! You’re turning red again! Um, it’s almost done, so just sit down and wait a bit!” Taehyung gently pushed a still blank Jin over to one of the chairs at his dining table and went back to taste his own creation.

“ACK WHAT IS THIS?” He spluttered after sampling a taste.

That snapped Jin out of his trance as he got up to smell the juk, and immediately his eyes teared up.

“Yah! What did you do?! Don’t you know the basics of cooking?!” He quickly turned the stove off and took the mess into the sink.

Jin turned back, ready to yell at Taehyung some more, when he was met with the view of puppy dog eyes, and an adorable pout.

“I-I’m sorry, I was really just trying to help…” Taehyung’s sincere words struck Jin in the heart and he sighed heavily as he felt a headache forming.

“I… It’s fine. Look, just help me clean up and I’ll cook something for the both of us, okay?” Jin ruffled Taehyung’s hair lightly.

Taehyung looked up slowly and a small sheepish smile formed. “Okay.”

 

========================================================================================================

 

A/N: So yeah. ^ ^ Some bonus couple pictures <3

HanJoo: (Hansol and B-Joo)

 

JiKook:

 

And Kidoh too