Red

Fragments

"I take a look up in the sky and I see red."


 

With broad, outstretched wings, he took his flight, soaring higher and higher into the skies as he seeked the hidden beauty of life. It was the lone reverie he couldn't seem to mold into his own reality - something veiled from beyond the clouds, truly far from his reach; something he had always strived for albeit the scars that were engraved upon his beautiful wings, the loss of golden feathers that aided his journey toward his sole objective; something that crossed the unseen boundaries of his destiny - something he couldn't have, regardless of his undying will.

It was luxury that he cannot afford, a luxury that tore his wings apart.

Falling down felt like being enclosed by the hands of time. The slow, agonizing pain of shattered dreams surged into the roots that once pumped endless hope into his system. It changed, and he felt it occur inside of him. A change so influential, that it appeared like the horizon was dancing in flames, a tiny beam of light spreading upon the cascades of the heavens like wildfire. He looked up to the scenery that beheld him, eyes seething with the scorching shades of crimson fueled by the anger that silently boiled within him - inevitable rage washing over the once calming hues of cerulean blue skies.

The clock took its time ticking. Every second lasted an hour. Every minute, a day. An hour, a week. It took him long enough until he lost count, his fiery gaze slowly losing its heat. The skies were grey by then, and he finally felt it. He was on the verge of it - of everything. The mere reason of living, the concept of life itself.

His eyelids dropped into a firm closing. Hopelessness, it's what his heart ached for - the loss of hope. He was falling down for too long, closing the distance between him and the cruel grounds of reality, once again allowing the hands of gravity to pull him down and let him embrace his silent death.

Yet it was a death made impossible by a familiar pair of arms waiting, wanting to catch him from his agony.

The essence of being embraced by the same pair of arms made him feel a different kind of red. It was the red that didn't suffocate the remaining life of him, the red that oozed with endless comfort and soothing warmth, the red that ignited the frozen emotions that were yet to be discovered, the red that turned his world into a splash of bright, vivid colours.

She was the red that filled his veins - the kind of red that wildly slammed against the unconquered walls of his heart.

Stolen kisses, heartfelt whispers, meaningful smiles - indeed, he was addicted. The emotions that it brought him were clusters of hot mess. It was foreign, but beautiful - and beautiful, was barely an understatement. The feeling was beyond a million beautiful's combined, that even he ran out of words to describe the severe, escalating case of flutters going on within his stomach.

Enthralling, emerald eyes would always capture his own, boring through the unseen walls of him. Soft, plump lips would curl into an angelic smile, washing away all the wounds he once possessed. Her sweet, sugary voice would embark him on another journey toward his dreams again, igniting that tiny spark of hope he thought was long gone.

The very idea of her was pure and welcoming, that his hidden fear slowly subsided whenever they were in each other's arms.

Safe. Genuine. Complete.