Jin

I Need You/Prologue/Run (JIN)

          Jin smiled as he remembered the two days they had all spent together already. Today was the day that they would be going to the spot they had all found when they were little. It was secluded from others and it was quiet. Other people rarely came. He smiled at Taehyung as they walked near the edge to sit down. Taehyung smiled back, but it seemed a bit off, and he looked up at the scaffold that had been there since they found the place. Jin looked at Taehyung confused, but turned away when he didn’t say anything.

           

            Jin his camera, and smiled at everyone, recording it all with his camera. Suddenly, he saw movement at the corner of his eye, and turned around. His mouth shaped an ‘O’ as he saw Taehyung climbing the scaffold, and he turned his camera toward him, expecting him to dance crazily or sing at the top of his lungs when he reached the top platform. He could hear the boys muttering and turning their heads towards Taehyung, but Jin could only focus on how Taehyung seemed down today, and he wasn’t as happy as he was the other two days. He could feel something in the pit of his stomach, but he couldn’t decide what it was.

 

            He watched as Taehyung turned his head towards him and gave him a small smile. He could see the boys waving their arms, telling him to come back down, but Jin couldn’t do anything, he couldn’t move. His mind was slowly processing what was happening, and by the time he realized what was happening, it was too late. His mouth opened in a silent scream, and his hand reached out, as if he could grab Taehyung, pull him back into his arms and never let go. He felt tears gush down his cheeks, and it was as if time had stopped. He could see nothing but Taehyung, in the air, flying, falling. Like a butterfly. He thought of the butterfly that he had filmed, just a few days ago, how it flew in the air, away from him, like Taehyung.

 

            Jin couldn’t see anything properly, he just saw blurs of black, blue, red, every color. The boys were gone, there was nothing there. Just him. Him and his camera, full of empty lies. Jin scrambled to stand up, and shouted Taehyungs’ name as loud as he could. He spun around, about to ask the boys to help him find Taehyung, but they were all gone, never there. Jin collapsed, brought his hands up to his eyes, and curled up into a tight ball. No, no, no, no, no, this wasn’t how things were supposed to go. No, Taehyung was supposed to stay with him, and they were supposed to get through this together. No. Jin shut his eyes tightly.


            “Hyung!” Jins’ eyes opened slowly. Taehyung stood in front of his, smiling brightly. “What are you doing? Come on! The others are waiting!” Taehyung stretched out his hand. Jin slowly reached his hand out, resting it on Taehyungs’. He gave another smile and pulled Jin up. Jin looked around and with a start realized he was in a room full of party material. “What’s going on?” He asked, dazed. “Come on!” Taehyung said once again, and pulled him towards the bright, white door. However, a small force hit him before he could walk through the door.

 

“Taehyung!” Jin called out.

“Yeah?”

“I can’t walk through.”

 

Taehyung turned around and walked back to Jin.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked and tugged his arm. Just like before, he got pushed back, but this time harder. Jin winced and massaged his arm. Taehyungs’ eyes widened and he took a step back.

 

“Hyung…are you alive?”

 

Jin gave Taehyung a look, “Of course. We both are, lets get out of here.” Jin tried to pull Taehyung away from the door, but found he couldn’t.

 

“Hyung…I’m…I’m not…alive.”

 

This time, Jins’ eyes widened, and he took a step back. Then he chuckled and shook his head.

 

“This isn’t time for games Taehyung, we need to get out of here. Then we have to find the other boys.”

 

Taehyung uncomfortably shuffled his feet before stepping into the room again.

 

“I’ll wait for you. Go back and enjoy your life.” Taehyung then pushed him and Jin hit his head as he fell.


            Jins’ eyes snapped open, and he looked around, before sighing as he heard beeps. He laid back down and stared at the familiar ceiling. He looked over at the wall and noticed a few extra scratches along the wall. ‘What a coincidence. I’m in the same room.’ He closed his eyes, before snapping them open again as he remembered what had happened. He frantically looked around the room, and when he couldn’t spot Taehyung, he tried to stand up. That only caused the beeping to get louder, allowing the nurses and doctors to find out he was trying to get away.

 

The door opened and a nurse came shuffling in. When she saw Jin trying to escape, her eyes widened. She raced to him and pushed him down.

 

“Calm down, you’re fine, just lay back down.”

“No, no, Taehyung, where’s Taehyung?”

The nurse looked at him confused, before she recognized him. “Oh, you mean the brown haired boy? I’m not sure, I didn’t see him.”

 

Jin felt himself getting more and more alarmed. ‘Taehyungs’ not here? Where is he? They had to have rescued him. He’s probably in the room beside me. Yes, that’s it.’ He thought.

 

He felt the nurse putting her hand to his forehead. “Do you want me to ask the doctor? He knows more than me.”

 

             Jin nodded his head, not able to open his mouth. He watched the nurse leave the room, and he tried to calm himself down. ‘They had to have found Taehyung, and he has to be alive.’ Jin thought while nodding his head, to assure himself, and at that moment, the doctor walked in.

 

“How are you feeling? Fine?”

“Yes, I’m fine, how is Taehyung? Is he okay?”

The doctor looked at him, eyebrows scrunched together.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know of a patient named Taehyung, are you sure you’re okay?”

 

            At that moment, Jin couldn’t hear anything. He couldn’t hear the doctor listing off how his condition was when they had found him, he couldn’t hear the beeps of the machines that had been so annoying seconds ago. All he could hear was the doctors’ voice repeating that Taehyung wasn’t here. He wasn’t here. He wasn’t here. He was in the ocean, after he had jumped in. Jin felt lightheaded. Young, happy Taehyung wasn’t here with him. He could’ve saved him, he could’ve jumped into the water to save him. He started hyperventilating. How? Taehyung can’t be dead. No, Taehyung was still alive, the doctor was just lying.

           

            Jin tried to stand up and find Taehyung. He could hear the doctor shouting something, and someone pushing him down, but he struggled against it. He needed to see Taehyung and tell him all the ridiculous things that were happening to him. He needed to tell him that he was in the same room as before, and how it was like he was destined to be in that room. He needed to tell him that he missed the boys too, but he had realized that they should try to go on with life and not fall into memories. He needed to tell him to live life to the fullest. He needed to tell Taehyung so much, he can’t just not be there when Jin needed him to be. No, Taehyung was always there, he would stay with him, and they would enjoy life together. ‘Taehyung is not dead, Taehyung is not dead, he is alive, he is alive, he is alive.’ Jin kept repeating this over and over in his mind until he slowly began to believe it.