Jin

I Need You/Prologue/Run (JIN)

            Jin looked around the brightly lit office, and sighed, dropping down onto the small gray swivel chair. He ran his hands through his hair and picked up the picture closes to him. Jin let his lips curl into a small smile as he stared at the brightly colored picture. He let himself walk through the lane of memories, smiling blissfully as he thought of his most beautiful moments in life. One of those moments rested delicately in his hands. His eyes roamed his desk and caught sight of another picture, this time duller and full of pain. His mind went back to focus and the smile faded. Once again, he ran his hands through his hair, hand trembling. Tears collected in the corner of his eyes and he suddenly couldn’t control himself anymore. Drops of water rolled down one after another, dripping onto his new black dress pants.

 

            Taking a deep breath, Jin closed his eyes. Reminiscing. Remembering. Recalling. Hoping. Jin hoped everyday, every second, every hour of his life, that it was all fake, just a dream, a horrible, twisted dream, but then he would see the picture. The picture that always broke his heart, always made him lose hope. Lose hope that they were alive, that they hadn’t left him, and they were all still a happy, and ignorant group of friends. Oh, how he wished and wished. Jin broke down crying again, he regretted not taking the presence of his friends as a gift. He thought they would be the Bulletproof Boys, never to be broken by anything. How ignorant. Jin felt himself falling, again and again, in the hole that is called depression. He knew how the boys would feel, if he let these thoughts take over him, so Jin fought, day after day, but he wasn’t strong enough. He just wasn’t strong enough. He needed the boys, wanted them, so badly. They were a part of his life, his soul. Without them, he was just a piece of a puzzle. An unfinished puzzle, missing its pieces.


 

There was definitely pain.

 

He could see the blood.

 

But why couldn’t he feel it?

 

Why only see it?


 

Black.

 

Everything was black.

 

Black was the only thing he could see.

 

Black.


Now white.

 

The polar opposite.

 

Why?


 

            Jin looked around the plain room, processing the beeps and devices around him. His eyes rested on the chair beside his bed. He saw a mop of brown hair on the side, and the body connected to it was in a chair. Jin tried to reach over to tap the person on the head, but they were too far away. However, the movement caused the other to wake up. Taehyung brought his hand up to his eye, rubbing it while yawning. A second later, he noticed Jin staring at him and suddenly jumped to his feet. Taehyung stared back at Jin and the message was brought to Taehyung. Taehyung collapsed onto the chair he was previously sleeping on, and burst into tears. Jin scooted closer to him and held him tightly. He closed his eyes, thinking of how the boys would feel if he did what he was thinking of doing. He sighed and brought Taehyung closer, cherishing the moment. His eyes still closed.

 

                       Jin looked over his shoulder and smiled as he saw the boys playing with each other. Facing the road again, Jin thought of a life without them. He shook his head and stopped thinking about it, after all, they were a family and he would do everything to protect them. Jin chuckled when he heard Jungkook making fun of Jimin’s height again, and Jimin going to smack the youngest on the shoulder.

 

               Jin opened his eyes when he felt someone shaking his shoulder. A nurse was standing above him and said a few things that he couldn’t hear, his mind still lost in memories. He nodded anyways, when she pointed to the hospital gown he was wearing and his pile of clothes on the drawer, assuming she was telling him to change. The nurse left the room, to give him some privacy, and Jin changed back to his shirt and jeans. After he was done, he looked around the room once more. How many more times would he see this room? He let his eyes wander and memorize even the smallest details. Memorizing took his mind off of the boys. He knew it was cruel, but sometimes, he just needed a break.

 


 

               The nurse knocked on the door once more and Jin looked away from the machines he was analyzing, and walked to the door. He opened it, and allowed the nurse to lead him back to the bed. She said she would do a final checkup, and he would be allowed to go. Jin nodded faintly, and stared at the wall in front of him, finding all the small cracks, tiny scrapes, until the nurse was done and let him go. He found Taehyung standing in the hallway, waiting for him. Jin smiled at Taehyung and together they left the building.

 


          

            “Jin-hyung!” a very familiar voice shouted. Jin looked up and saw Jungkook standing in front of him, wearing a sky blue cardigan. He was sitting on the grass but as soon as he saw Jungkook, he rushed to stand up. “Jungkook?” Jungkook smiled and held his arms open, waiting for Jin to enter his embrace. Jin smiled back shakily, and stepped forward. He brought his arms up to hug Jungkook, but seconds before they touched, Jin woke to his phone ringing. He squinted his eyes at the dark room, and tried to find his phone. He picked up his phone and found that Taehyung was calling him.

 

“Hyung…I want to see you hyung.”

 

              Jin sat up instantly and told Taehyung to meet him up at the abandoned pool. After he ended the call, Jin looked at the time. 7:45. He looked out and noticed the sun coming out. Jin got off his bed and dressed, taking his camera with him.

         

 


       

             Jin saw Taehyung. He saw him lying on the mattress, waiting for him. However, he couldn’t make himself walk over, so he watched him, watched him as he greeted the boys too. Jin knew they were both hallucinating, imagining, but that couldn’t stop them from holding onto their hope. Jin smiled as he saw them laughing together, and took out his camera, and filmed them, holding onto them. Jungkook noticed him first and soon all the boys were smiling at him. Jin took a while to stop recording, he stared at them, so happy, before he snapped back to reality. He smiled back and shut off his camera. Jin walked over and hugged Taehyung, they both held on tightly, and smiled, laughed, as they got lost in memories.

 

            They spent the day together, doing everything they could. He recorded almost everything they did. He recorded a butterfly, as it floated around, free. The butterfly flew away from him, and Jin watched it go, thinking of his friends. Taehyung. He turned around, and watched Taehyung. He needed to keep him safe.


 

             During the night, they built a campfire and sat around, smiling, and telling jokes. They also watched a movie, on the wall of a trailer. Jin looked at his bag of pretzels and handed Hoseok one, and Hoseok laughed, and showed him another pretzel that wasn’t full like the new one handed to him. Jin grinned back and Hoseok took a bite out of it. Jin looked in front of him, and let out another laugh, as he saw Namjoon waving a bottle of alcohol in front of Jimin’s face.

 

             Jin stared at the picture of the beach in his hands, and asked the group if they wanted to go there. Hoseok looked over first and his eyes brightened as he nodded. Jin looked over at Taehyung and he also nodded. Next, he looked at Namjoon and he looked at Jimin and smiled, giving his approval. Jimin also gave a small smile. Finally, he looked over to his side and noticed Jungkook resting his head on Yoongi’s lap. They both looked over at the picture and Jungkook saw Yoongi turn on his lighter and he blew lightly as he saw a flame appear. Making it disappear. Jin smiled and turned back around after they both said yes.

 

              The next day, they spent the day driving around and playing games. They arrived at the beach Jin was talking about and played there. Running, shouting, everything. They did stunts using the car, and took lots of pictures. Jin and Taehyung felt at home, nothing bothered them anymore. When the day ended, they left to the gas station. While waiting for the gas to fill up, Namjoon asked for Jin’s Polaroid camera, and took a picture of him and Yoongi. Stepping into the van, Namjoon showed them the picture he had taken and Jin and Yoongi both smiled.


What I wrote at the end actually happened in the Prologue. Yes, the pretzel scene actually happened. When I was writing it, I laughed so much, I don't know why. Anyways, please leave constructive criticism if you have any, or just leave a comment if you want. I'll upload the next chapter soon! :)