Tantrums

All I Want For Christmas Is You

The smell of winter air enters your nostrils making you smile and hum in delight. You love winter. You love how beautiful the scene looks. The pure white snow covering the streets. Wearing your black coat, you make your way out the apartment.

It’s Christmas Eve today and you’re thinking maybe you could spend some time alone while buying some gifts. For yourself.

Walking along the snow covered streets is very calming. At least for you. But then, the calming situation changes so quickly. You hear someone screams, car crashing and people shouting. In a minute people around the streets circling someone on the road.

Should I go and check?

No. Don’t waste your time, Ahreum.

“Why not, right?”

Tip-toeing towards the commotion, you find yourself looking at a man lying helplessly. Blood is all over his body. You see an ambulance and you want to go away but somehow you’re glued to the place.

You see him being carried away into the ambulance. You see him blinking his eyes and you’re looking at him, straight into his eyes.

“Sa..rang?”

One of them look at me. “You know him,miss?”

“No, I-“

“He seems to know you and could you come with us?”

And that’s the start of hell in my life.