Merry Christmas

His Wish
Please log in to read the full chapter

Her eyes were closed as she walked beside her boyfriend, both hands in her jacket pockets, taking in Hangang Park’s tranquil atmosphere.

Snowflakes were falling gently to the ground, adding to those already piled up. The sounds of traffic were muffled as they walked through the basically empty trail, their shoes crunching on the snow.

“You’re daydreaming again,” a voice said, interrupting her inner thoughts.

She smiled, opening her eyes as she turned her head.

“What if I said I was daydreaming about you?” she teased.

Sung Si Kyung grinned. “Then I’d be totally okay with it.”

She body-checked him lightly, laughing. “You would be.”

Even though they were about ten years apart, she couldn’t have asked for a better partner. He was kind to a fault; he sang to her when she asked; and he took care of her when she was sick, cuddling her even if she was contagious. Of course, there were some things she could have asked for (like having him able to cook, smoking less and drinking less), but she knew he liked what he liked and he could alter those aspects of his life if he really wanted. She wasn't going to tell him what to do with his life.

He looked down at her, eyes still smiling. “What were you really thinking about?”

Her eyes twinkled as she looked up at his face. “How quiet it is. How beautiful it is. How a lot of people think winter is a cold and lonely season when it isn’t.”

“Well, it’s cold and lo

Please log in to read the full chapter