[Jisoo/Fluff] Scaredy Cat Jisoo

FRONTING 척하다 | Scenario Shop | (REQUESTS CLOSED)

Scaredy Cat Jisoo

It was the same thing everyday.

Talk to each other in class. Walk back home together. Text each other at night.

It was the same thing everyday, even though Yang Yoojin had started dating Hong Jisoo 5 months ago.

Yeah, yeah. So what if Hong Jisoo is the gentleman of the school? The nicest boy in Pledis High? He can't even ask a girl out. Pssh. Stupid scaredy cat.

Yoojin slammed her locker shut in irritation as she finished taking her books out. On the way to class, she met her best friend, Yeonyoung. "Hey, how's it going Yoojin? Still no date?" Yoojin stepped on her foot and glared at her. "Yah, are you trying to make me mad or what? And still no! It's so annoying! Why isn't he asking me out? Am I ugly? Am I a nuisance? I do behave in public! Argh, it's just making me more angry!" Yoojin took a huge breath in before stepping into the classroom, "See you during lunch." Yoojin sighed as Yeonyoung gave her a little smirk and went to her seat.

Just then, Yoojin's cause of anger entered the classroom.

Jisoo smiled angelically as he saw his baby girl and immediately took a seat next to her.

"Hello Jin-ah, had a good sleep yesterday?"

"Yeah."

"Are you angry?" Jisoo asked in a worried tone.

"No."

"Then, are you sick? Oh my god. A lot of people are falling ill these days, take care of yourself!" He touched her forehead and frowned.

"No, I'm not. I'm just tired because the first period's history. Argh." Yoojin told Jisoo a white lie. She really hated history but the reason she was feeling so defeated was because Hong Jisoo was so, just so annoyingly clueless.

Stupid cat.

.

.

The bell soon rang and Yoojin headed to the cafeteria with Yeonyoung, since Jisoo was part of the student council and had to settle some students before going for his break. As usual, Yeonyoung and Jeonghan were both hand in hand as they walked to the cafeteria together.

"Seriously guys? We are in school. That's just disgusting, Stop holding hands." Yoojin rolled her eyes at them.

As if it was a cue to make Yoojin even more annoyed, Yeonyoung stuck her tongue out at her and commented, "You and Jisoo have not held hands yet right?" 

"That is-That! It's my relationship, stop asking!" Yoojin blushed bright red and glared at the cheeky girl. "Just kidding! Stop being so sensitive Jinjin," Yeonyoung snickered.

"Don't mind Jisoo, he's slow." Jeonghan gave an encouraging pat to her. Feeling like she was treated like a little kid, Yoojin decided to ditch them and stormed off, annoyed at the lovebirds.

"Hong Jisoo, you got to be in the library somewhere..." Yoojin mumbled and finally found her boyfriend lecturing some younger students. After he was done, she approached him, the latter giving a wide smile. "Hey Yoojin. I was just about to go to the cafeteria. Wanna go together?"

"Yeah!" Yoojin smiled, feeling like all her worries had dissipated into nothing. Really, that smile of Hong Jisoo does wonders.

"Okay then, let's go." They left the library and entered the hallway, which was unexpectedly crowded. They hurdled nearer to each other so they wouldn't get lost. On the way to the cafeteria, Jisoo found the back of his hand brushing against Yoojin's a couple of times. He pursed his lips, and generally tried to move away from her frame, trying not to have the slightest contact with her. Jisoo tried to think of it. How would it be like, holding her hand? Fingers intertwined. 

Nope.

Jisoo just couldn't do it. He started blushing to himself and swatted away those 'indecent' thoughts of his. 

Meanwhile, Yoojin just turned around and stared at him weirdly, "Oppa? What's wrong? Don't just stand there! Let's quickly go if not the food will be all taken!" She dragged him forcefully and soon, they arrived at the cafeteria. Yoojin wanted to check the time to see if they had ample time to eat but then realised her watch wasn't on her wrist. .

Oh my gosh. Did I leave it at home? Did I bring it to school? Omona! Yoojin was freaking out. She’s worn it everyday since she first got it. It was the one and only thing Joshua ever got her, much to her disappointment. To add to the lack of romance, Joshua had apparently gotten the same present for all the girls in their class for white day. But since it was the only thing that gave her that slim hope he actually liked her, she treasured it very much. 

Damn it, this . Fingers crossed, Yoojin prayed Jisoo wouldn’t notice...

“Wasn’t the stew amazing?” Jisoo asked excitedly as he finished the last drop of soup. He really loves his food, Yoojin thought bitterly. I don't even know if its good or bad he doesn't notice that I'm not wearing the present he gave me.

“Oh, Jin-ah, where’s the watch I gave you,” Jisoo’s face fell when he finally noticed she wasn’t wearing it like she normally did. “It's tacky and wearing it everyday is quite bothersome, so I decided to leave it at home today,” Yoojin lied. She decided this was the only time she could test Jisoo.

“Ye-yeah I guess you’re right,” Jisoo laughed at his silliness, “It was kind of lame for me to give that ugly time piece to so many girls, wasn’t it.” Jisoo’s fist tightened as he squeezed the red velvet box he had in his hand. What was I thinking, he sighed as roughly shoved the box back into his pocket.

"Well, see you next week then."

"Yeah, see you on Monday, Jisoo-oppa." Yoojin shook her head and left. It's over.

“Oh my god! Did you do it? Did you?"

"Don't tell me you chickened out again, Hong Jisoo!"

Two figures shadowed over Jisoo as he leaned back into his seat, a little terrfied. "Hello Jeonghan and Yeonyoung," Jisoo waved sadly, "I-I think it's no use. I don't think she likes me anymore."

"Huh? It's written all over her face that she likes you though. Just this morning, she was thinking of you." Yeonyoung shrugged her shoulders at the weird guy. Jisoo looked at her with sad eyes and told both of them the conversation just now.

"Really?" Jeonghan asked, trying to restrain his laughter.

"Sorry Jisoo, but I think you are a little dense." He toppled over with laughter and Jisoo sent a glare his way. "Jisoo-yah, I buy Yeonyoung so many things but this girl," Jeonghan ruffled her hair, "doesn't wear it more than once." She tried to protest but no avail.

"And Yoojin wears it everyday, doesn't she? She probably just forgot and was embarrassed."

"So, are you saying that I should ask her out on a date?" Jisoo asked again, just to make sure.

"Argh. Hopeless."

.

.

"That’s it, it’s over,” Yoojin flopped onto her bed and screamed into a pillow the next morning. “HONG JISOO YOU’RE KILLING ME. I DON’T EVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN.” And for the first time in a long while, she felt a sense of comforting relief wash over her. I should just break up with him for good-

"YOOJIN-AH! A BOY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!" Her naggy mother screamed at her. Yoojin frowned, wondering who would actually visit her on a weekend. She skipped downstairs and opened the door absentmindedly, forgetting that she had bedhead and was in her unsightly pajamas. When she found the person standing at the door was Jisoo, she was stunned and just stared back at him with an open mouth.

"Hello Yoojin." Jisoo gave her his signature eyesmile. Only silence ensued.

"Uh, I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date?" He asked, warmth creeping up his neck tremendously fast, "And uh-here, I got you a ring," Jisoo pulled out a red box and opened it, a silver ring engraved with intricate patterns of roses embedded in it. "And now you don't have to wear that tacky ugly watch any longer-"

Jisoo suddenly felt out of breath as he got engulfed into a bear hug.

"YES, YES, YES. PABO-AH! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG." Yoojin grinned happily and kissed his cheek.

"Looks like you are not a scaredy cat afterall," Yoojin laughed as he looked at her in puzzlement. He still has lots to learn though, that is, my stupid cat.

 

 


Yay! Finally done with the Jisoo chapter! I can see Jisoo being really slow in these matters. Have a Jeonghan gif to cheer you up. Kidding. Anyways, leave a comment so we can fangirl about Jisoo together!