[S.coups/Fluff] By Your Side

FRONTING 척하다 | Scenario Shop | (REQUESTS CLOSED)

By your side

Aish this headache is going to be the death of me, Seungcheol groaned, hand pressed against his throbbing temple. Maybe I should head over to the infirmary, he wasn’t too thrilled about attending Chemistry anyway.

 “Hey, Nurse Pak are you in?” Seungcheol opened a crack in the door as he yelled.

 “Seungcheol? Is that you?” A weak voice cried out from behind the curtains that surrounded one of the two beds in the sick bay.

 Why’s Hyena here? Is she sick too? “Hyena-ah, are you alright?” Seungcheol’s voice was laced with anxiety. His migraine worsened. It felt as through his brain was pounding against his skull with enough force to kill.

 “I’m down the most awful cold,” she whined, “what about you?” Seungcheol hesistated replying. He could tell her the truth. But he didn’t want to worry her. His Hyena deserved better than that.

 “Ah yeah I heard from Vernon that you weren’t feeling well so I came to check in on you. It’s my free period and all so…” He thanked the heavens that Hyena couldn’t see how flushed he was at that moment. He had never been particularly good at lying, much less to Hyena. She never failed to see right through him, but that just gave him another reason to adore her.

 “You really didn’t have to,” Hyena said, voice muffled by her pillow. Seungcheol gave himself a pat on the back, he knew Hyena was smiling on the other side.

 “I’ll come give you-“

 “NO!” Hyena’s voice laced with acid as Seungcheol gingerly withdrew his hand from the curtains. “I look awful, I don’t want you to see me,” she admitted gently when she realized how harsh she had been previously.

 A comfortable silence settled between the two as Seungcheol pulled a chair over and settled in. He loved how at ease he felt around her, especially at moments like these.

 “Well is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” All he could think of was how much pain she was going through then. My headache is nothing next to what Hyena is experiencing. Man up Seungcheol, he groaned internally as he buried his face into his palms.

 “Can you sing for me?” Hyena mustered the most pathetic plea she could.

 “I think that’ll just make you feel even worse,” Seungcheol replied smugyly.

 “Well the best medicine is also often the most bitter,” she rebutted, leaving Seungcheol speechless. He found himself playing with his fingers, unable to look up. It was going to be so embarrassing.

 “Just one day I want to,”

 “What song is that? I’ve never heard it.”

 “Well you’ll love it,” Seungcheol reassured Hyena as she fell silent.

 “Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day, if I can hold your hands

Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day

If you are and I are together, let’s go back in time” Seungcheol’s eyes never left Hyena’s slender silhouette.

 “Ey look out the window, the sky’s pink,” she was right, time must’ve slipped by them for it was already evening.

 Even though he couldn’t see her, he was at ease knowing they were both looking at the same sunset.

 “Hyena?” Seungcheol called out but got no reply. Was she finally asleep? He was thankful. Getting up from his chair, he laid down on the floor next to her bed.

 “If you need anything just ask.,” he yawned. “I’ll be here for you,”  he muttered as he drifted off.

 

 


I couldn't um come up with anything that 2 sick people can do together im sorry @@ n I'm not good with deep-ish conversations so yeah *smug* :<