[Hoshi/Fluff] Take it Slow

FRONTING 척하다 | Scenario Shop | (REQUESTS CLOSED)

 Take it Slow

 “Yeah those girls are so urgh! The way they bashed Hoshi during his first ever concert for dancing with a girl?” Ranhi fumed.

 “I’m sure he isn't bothered by their comments,” Ranhi could tell her friend was grinning like an idiot on the other end of the line. “After all, his girlfriend is trenching waist deep in snow to bring him soup.” Heat crept up Ranhi’s cheeks.

 “We’re just friends. I’m here anyway, talk to you later,” she rattled incoherently before ending the call. Why was she so nervous? It’s only Hoshi. It’s not like we’re officially together. Just two friends hanging out on boxing day. Yeap perfectly normal. Ranhi smoothed out her skirt with her free hand before entering the Pledis building.

 The lights were dimmed as she entered and Ranhi found herself fumbling with the switches for a bit. When she finally the right ones, she found Hoshi sprawled on the floor. “Omg, Hoshi!” she couldn’t believe her eyes.

.

.

 Okay chill. What are your options? Ranhi wondered to herself as she paced up and down the dance studio. She couldn’t call the ambulance because if word got out to the media, Hoshi could possibly garner more controversial gossip which was the last thing he needed now. She had already tried calling the other boys for help to no avail. What should I do? Maybe it’s not that serious. Oh my gosh oh my gosh. She was on the brink of tears.

 Gently, as though she was supporting a fragile piece of glasswork, she propped him up and moved him to a corner of the room. “Hoshi, why are you so heavy?” She joked. Who am I kidding he’s really unconscious. Gosh I really am hysteric right now.

 Ranhi noticed his face was covered in beads of perspiration while his arms were covered in bruises. He has been practicing? Ranhi’s face darkened at the thought. She couldn’t remember the last time she saw Hoshi rest. It broke her heart but he would always carry that smile when he was around her, so she presumed he was alright. I should’ve known better.

 Mustering all the strength that she could, she picked herself up and dashed to their dorm in the other wing of the building to fetch Hoshi’s blanket, a couple of towels and as many bottles of water as she could manage.

.

.

 Ranhi had done all that she could think of. Bringing her legs to her chest, she sat and watched the motionless Hoshi. At least his breathing is paced.

 Her hands for their way to his blue locks as she gently brushed back fallen strands of hair. He looked peaceful, almost happy. An expression she hadn’t seen on him in a long while. A faint smile flickered across her face.

 “Urgh..” Hoshi moaned as he fidgeted under the covers.

 “Hoshi? Are you feeling better?” Ranhi quickly uncapped a bottle of water and brought it close to him.

 “Ranhi?” His eyes snapped open at the sound of her voice. “Wha-what are you doing here?” He caught on to the situation fast. Even under the dimmed lights, he could tell that her eyes were puffy and red. Hell, even her voice cracked as she spoke. A pang of guilt hit him as he avoided her eyes.

 “I’m glad you’re fine,” Ranhi choked out between sobs as her arms found their way round Hoshi’s neck.

 Hoshi eased as he turned to face her for the first time in weeks. He felt like an awful boyfriend. I wanted to wait a little more but I owe her this much. Pulling away from her, he drew out the most gorgeous silver necklace Ranhi had ever seen.

 “I-I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a long time. I like you a TON,” Hoshi struggled with the next part. “So I was just wondering-,” but he fell short when he noticed Ranhi’s expression dropped. A mutual understanding settled between them.

 “I’m fine with waiting Hoshi. I get that you have a career. I’ll wait,” a gentle smile found it’s way to Ranhi’s face and instantly, a weight seemed to have lifted itself off Hoshi’s chest.

 “Let’s take things slow,” she muttered as she returned the necklace to him.

 

 


Author's note: Somehow this turned semi-angst IM SORRY T-T anyway #protecthoshi2k16 YAY GUYS. Keep loving 17, ignore all the bad press going about recently. Those people just have a lack of lives so they decide it'll be fun to ruin SEVENTEEN's.

Wow. Girl you gotta chill. //random commenter runs away
But seriously, if the press has a lower life than me that's just sad.