Chapter 2

Two lives, one heart...

Chapter 2

 

Jungsoo POV

Ever since Lia has done the groceries the relationship between Hyukjae and her has changed. Hyukjae has been acting so cold against her. For no reason or at least that I can think of. I have tried not to give to much thought, but… But he must have a reason to be acting so coldly. Perhaps it is time to find out.

 

“Working out, again?” Hyukjae leans against the wall and I stop and nod “What is bothering you hyung?”

“What do you mean?” I stand up to take the towel to clear some sweat of my face and Hyukjae chuckles “Hyung, you only work out this intensively if something is really bothering you”

“Ahh..” I nod in agreement and Hyukjae asks me to spit it out, to tell him what is going on “Well I was just thinking of Lia and you. What the reason must be for you two to be acting so weirdly.” I study Hyukjae and he is tensing up. As soon as he heard Lia’s name something changed about him and I don’t want to assume the worst, but not knowing, I am.

“You two became best friends, what was already weird, but great. Right now, you can’t even look at her. What is going on?” he avoids my gaze and  I really don’t want them to fight. Or… I shake that thought of me, no they never would.

“Hyung, we just had some differences to work on. You know how stubborn I can be.”  

“Really that is all?” He nods and stands up. He gives me a hand as well “that is all Hyung. I like Lia, she is a great friend.”  He reassures me and I am glad to hear this.

“I am extremely happy to hear this Hyukjae. Please do work your differences out soon, quit being so stubborn.” I put my hand on his shoulder and then walk out. I study his composure for a second and he seems relieved. Maybe he isn’t telling me the truth after all. Something does feels off, like he hasn’t told me the entire story. Cause in that matter we are alike, we only train this hard if something is bothering us. And lately he has been getting buff.

 

“Hii sweetheart” I wrap my arms around Lia and she flashes me a bright smile. Ooh to cute. She wraps her arms around me as well, so comfortable here. I can already feel myself drifting of.

“Have you been working out so much, you can barely keep your eyes open” She laughs and I nod “I am aching everywhere”

“What is bothering you?”

“Nothing” She raises her eyebrow and I give in “seems like Hyukjae isn’t the only one that noticed”

“Hyukjae noticed? What is wrong then?” Lia tries to stay calm, but she isn’t quite good at hiding what she is feeling

“I was just bothered by the fact that you two are fighting again, but Hyukjae already cleared up that you two are just having differences and he is being stubborn about it” She nods and seems even a bit relieved. I wrap my arms around her waist and lay my head down onto her chest. She goes with her hand through my hair and I can’t shake the feeling that there is more that they are letting onto “That is all between you two, right?”

“Yes it is, he is just being stubborn and so am I”

“Ahh okay, well hurry up and work it out” She nods and I close my eyes

they might be claiming the same thing, but I can’t shake that I feel like a fool. Are they lying to me? Maybe… Or I am just imaging things…

 

Hyukjae POV

 

I feel so refreshed after a shower, I still can’t believe that Jungsoo hyung was able to pick it up so well. If I keep on hiding this from him, lying to him, he is going to figure it all out. And to be fair I do miss the company of Lia.

“Sugmin have you seen Emilia?” Sugmin points to the back door “I think she went out for a walk” before he asks why I quickly thank him and head into the garden. I better settle this before Jungsoo finds out.

“Emilia!” She is sitting by the trees and hearing me call her out made her jump. She must be vey comfortable here to be letting her guard down.

“Hyukjae?” She doesn’t seem to be exactly happy to see me, but we need to settle this. “Can I talk to you?” She nods and she stand up.

“Jungsoo knows, something is going on between us. I told him”

“I know what you told him, Jungsoo already told me and I agreed with your story.”

“Okay good. Well, I think we should short this out”

“I don’t get why you were so mad at me? I really did go to shopping, I just bumped into an old friend”

“Well your old friend seemed to be a little to interested in you. Everyone could see that. So when I saw you two together. I just puzzled it as, aah she is here to meet him. Cheat on Jungsoo”

“I wasn’t…” she sighs and I nod “I know that now, but who was he then? You do know him, an old friend you said”

“More someone I know.” She pauses and looks to the ground “We may have done some business in the past”

“He wanted you to come back.” She nods and it is starting to make sense now “I am sorry to misjudge you like that”

“it is okay, you were just protecting your friend. I get it.” She gives me a small smile and she is amazing isn’t it. I am walking away since we made up, but I… I still feel bad.

“Hey, want to go grocery shopping?” She looks surprised at me and nods “Sure why not go back to the place where it went wrong” She laughs and I join in, she is right. But better to go there and make a fresh start.

 

“Do you have everything you need?” We are walking around and I study as she is looking at some flowers.  She is smiling to the lady behind the stall and it seems that they are getting along well.

“Can we have a bouquet of those” Emilia looks at me and the woman is already making it ready

“You don’t have to get me one” She looks a bit shocked at me and I take the bouquet of the woman and give it to her. She is looking with big eyes to me “I already have.” I pay the woman, take her bags and we head to the car but I can hear the lady say to Emilia that I am a lovely boyfriend. We leave and I can’t shake the comment…

 

“Flowers?” We have arrived back and the guys and I are already stocking the groceries and Emilia nods “Hyukjae gave them to me, a nice apology don’t you think” He nods and gives me a big smile. But somehow, I don’t really find it a nice thing to hear.

“Lia I have to take care of some business so I will be home late”

“Aah that is okay, take care okay” I look at Jungsoo and he nods at me. Seems it is time to roll.

 

 

“Are you sure it is him?” I glance away by the sight of Kangin beating up some kid and Jungsoo nods “It is him.” He orders the guys to care of it and I feel so much sorrow for this kid.

“I know we have to find our competition, who blew up our shipment. But this is just a kid.” Jungsoo turns to me and he looks pissed and looks around.

“This isn’t the place to doubt me. Not anywhere to be fair. This kid, works for them, he choose his faith.” Jungsoo strips up his sleeves and gets into the room to handle the kid himself.

 

“Hyukjae, you shouldn’t” Donghae appears next to me and I see Heechul walk to us as well “Donghae is right. You know how Jungsoo is about this”

“So what you guys think this is right then?” They look down and it is clear that they don’t as well. “Than why are letting this happen” I sigh and we are all flinching by hearing the sounds coming out the room.

 

Bonita POV

 

I watch as the guys leave and I have the entire house to myself. He said it was going to be late. He wouldn’t… Right? I finish my meal and smell the nice flower Hyukjae got for me, only to be shocked by my phone going of… the phone I don’t want to ring. I quickly answer and it is Hailey

“Bo listen to me fast, are you alone?”

“I am they are all gone, late home” I answer quickly and I can hear quit a hassle going on behind her “Bo, there is a kid, Dongguen, he was taken from a competitor of Jungsoo”

“What about him? You don’t think Jungsoo did anything? He said he left that all behind, that he doesn’t do that anymore”

“Bo don’t fool yourself. We have proof check your email now.” I run upstairs and quickly log in “What about this boy?” I am waiting for the authentication to finish “He is 17 years old, he is working with us”

“He is what! Are you guys crazy he is 17!”

“We know, he did it to safe his parents.” I sigh and look at the email and I feel my heart drop… He didn’t. I see it clearly the proof I have been asking for.  He said he wouldn’t anymore. He was done with this kind of life

“Look this doesn’t proof anything”

“Bo, he is still… He is still the dangerous criminal you studied.”

“He isn’t” I hang up and the phone rings again. I deny the call and immediately erase any trace of me ever seeing that email.

 

He wouldn’t…. I hear a knock on the door and I walk down and I see a kid standing there and he hands me an envelope… I take it and the kids runs off… I have this awful feeling in my stomach... I am not opening this, I believe Jungsoo… I believe him.

 

“Jagi, are you already asleep?!” I hear Jungsoo calling out and I am sitting in the dark on the couch, keeping quite I try to listen in.

“Did you find anything out?”

“Nothing yet, but that will be fixed…Just..” He whispers and I can’t hear what he is saying.

“Jagi..” Jungsoo walks into the living room and after switching on the lights he sees me, I pretend to just wake up and give him a warm smile. “Hey”

“You waited up for me?” I nod and he walks over to me, trying to hold his hands behind his back. But when he cups my face and lets his guard down for a while, I can see it clearly.

“I will go and change okay sweetie. I will be right back” He gives me a kiss and I give him a fake smile before being alone again.

Omg… I rush upstairs and I can hear the water running, I look through he dirty clothes and I find it in the washing machine already. I take it all out and there it is. His clothes, covered in blood. Omg.. He did… I see the image of his hands, red, skin torn off… I put all the clothes back, but quickly take a picture of his clothes before heading down. Just in time, I hear him stepping out the shower and calling out my name to make sure.

 

“what are you doing here?” Hyukjae catches me sitting in the kitchen and I wipe my tears away quickly and he rushes over “Are you hurt anywhere” I look coldly at him and he seems surprised he backs off a little and he seems nervous

“What is wrong?” I can see in his eyes that he is hoping. “I am not stupid”

“Do you know?” The hope slowly fading from his eyes and I nod

“what did you guys do?” He looks down and when he tries to walk towards me, I take a step back. He locks eyes with me and he looks sad “don’t look at me like that”

“Like what?” I can’t believe his remark, he wants me to sympathize with him? “Like you despise me, like you see me as a monster. Don’t…I am still the same”

“Spare your talk for someone who believes, don’t forget I know your world.” I lighten up my gaze and he seems relieved, so relieved. Without thinking he walks up to me and hugs me “Thank you…”

 

 

“Lia, jagi” I am woken up by Jungsoo and he kisses my forehead and smiles brightly at me “I will be late again today, I hope you don’t mind having the house to yourself”

“I don’t, be careful” He nods and leaves, I wait until I hear the cars leave and 10 minutes later I am up. I feel like I am going to vomit. How could he…

I open the file and look at the pictures it is evidently. He has the kid, he beat him up. He knows what else he has been doing and is doing.

 

“Bo?” They answer and this time it is John “I know where he is”

I tell them what I found, send them a photo and also from his shirt covered in blood. “Can you guys find me this exact shirt. Exactly like this one”

“We can” They tell me where I can pick it up, what time and how I can drop the shirt.

“Bo?” John voice is shaking and I can feel like he is about to ask me is something I am not going to like

“Are you with us?”

I think back to the times Jungsoo and I were laughing, in love, holding hands, talking about doing good things. I thought he changed, that he had turned over a new leave, that he left the gangster life behind. He was lying to me the entire time. I want him to be good, I want him to be the person that I love. That I have fallen in love with, I fought against it. I have denied it. But I do.. I love Jungsoo… The one that I have created in my mind. I wanted to leave the bureau for him, I wanted to back out, to stay with him. Be with him, by his side. I choose him, the Jungsoo that helps everyone, that smiles. That  has endured so much, but still is the good person.  But that is not the Park Jungsoo sleeping next to me.

“I have always been with you.”