The end is the beginning.

Never regret loving you

It was christmas in only a few hours, and like any other day Moon Byulyi was alone. She sat in the kitchen and looked out the window. Saw people running around with christmas gift in their arms and couples holding hands. It was christmas feelings everywhere, but as always she never got to feel the joy of it. After Byulyi left home and moved to Seoul in order to study in a university, she hadn’t befriended a single person. Sure, she spent all her time either studying or playing the piano away from all her classmates, but she didn’t think she would feel this lonely.

 

Sometimes she wish some of her old friends would call her and ask to meet up, but all of them had probably forgotten all about Byulyi. She miss them very much. Especially Kim Yong Sun. Her first real friend and her first love. When Byulyi sees couples being happy and looking at each other in that special way, she sometimes wonder if things would be different from now if Byulyi had confessed to Yong Sun that day. Probably not. Since Yong Sun never felt that way about Byulyi.

 

She sighed. Decided not to think about the past anymore, she had already done that too much. It’s better to think about the now. Byulyi didn’t have any classes until after New years, so maybe she should do something ‘’fun’’ for once? She went to the closet and picked out some relatively pretty clothes, fixed her hair & did a little makeup. Not that it would matter how she looked since she was alone, but it somehow made her feel better. Byulyi put on her winter coat and went out.

 

It was very cold and the snow had just begun falling, it felt very christmas-y. Byulyi wasn’t used to being out in the evening and didn’t really know where to go, but she did like most people and went window shopping. Nothing seemed appealing to her. She sighed again. Byulyi who thought going out would make her feel better. But when a really tall female and her short boyfriend suddenly blocked Byulyi’s way and started kissing in front of her, she regretted going out. Giving the couple a death stare she walked past them and tried to ignore the romantic air. Seriously, why were there so many couples everywhere?! Just when Byulyi could barely take it anymore, she saw someone a few meters in front of her.

 

She couldn’t believe her eyes. Byulyi thought she was imagining things, there’s now way it could be Yong Sun! But the more she stared the more she confirmed it really was Yong Sun. But how. Why? In all places on earth and on the exact same time, this could only mean fate. Maybe fate didn’t hate Byulyi as much as she thought! Yong Sun didn’t notice her staring as she was talking and laughing with a decent-looking male. Byulyi pretended that she was busy looking into the windows, but Yong Sun’s hypnotizing voice and her beautiful long hair really caught her attention. She hadn’t changed much in two years. She looked the same, but something about her felt more mature. As Byulyi was deep in her thoughts, she didn’t notice the blind man behind her. He accidently hit her with a blind stick on her leg and she shouted out of surprise. Everyone around her looked at her and she apologized to the poor man.

 

‘’Byulyi? Moon Byulyi?! It’s you, isn’t it??’’ A female suddenly shouted

 

Byulyi turned around and saw that Yong Sun had noticed that she was there & waved happily, then Yong Sun ran towards her. Byulyi didn’t know what to do. She was super happy that she saw her, but Byulyi was also embarrassed because of the situation with the man.

 

Yong Sun suddenly hugged Byulyi tightly, telling her how much she missed Byulyi. Byulyi just stood there awkwardly and didn’t dare to respond. But she didn’t want to appear more weird than she already had so Byulyi started talking to her like a normal person. She saw that Yong Sun’s mouth was moving, but she didn’t hear any words as Byulyi couldn’t believe what was happening. Her first love was actually here. She was meeting her first love in two years and she hadn’t been this happy in a very long time. Then Yong Sun said something and Byulyi heard her name.

 

‘’Hello? Did you hear what I said?’’ Yong Sun asked and laughed at Byulyi’s daydreaming.

‘’Ahh… Sorry, what did you say?’’

‘’I said, if you aren’t busy right now, how about we go to a coffee shop and talk a bit. I haven’t seen you since high school & I’ve really missed you!’’

 

Byulyi quickly nodded. Yong Sun said goodbye to the guy she was talking with before and the two girls walked to the closest coffee shop. Byulyi didn’t really like coffee and had never been to a coffee shop before, but she was sure it’s where cool people spent their time and Yong Sun was a really cool person. And she didn’t care where they went as long as she could spend time with Yong Sun. Byulyi quietly thanked fate for giving her a second chance.

 

As expected, Yong Sun knew immediately what she wanted and quickly ordered like she did this very often. Byulyi on the other hand took a long time reading the menu before someone behind her started shouting at her. So she just picked a random drink and ended up liking it. They sat down on a chair opposite each other and with a very pretty view of the city. Byulyi could feel her heart beating like crazy when Yong Sun flipped her hair out of her face, looking even more amazing than before.

 

‘’Byulyi. I wanted to ask you something since I saw you.’’

‘’Sure. Go ahead.’’ Byulyi answered shyly.

‘’What happened to you after high school? After graduation you suddenly disappeared and didn’t tell me or any of the other guys. When I asked your family they said you moved Seoul & would soon attend a musical university. I was happy for you of course, but you never gave me you phone number and I really missed you.’’

 

Byulyi wasn’t prepared for an emotional confession and she was quite bad with responding to those things. She really wanted to tell her the reason, but wasn’t sure if Yong Sun would understand. So she just twisted the truth a little bit.

 

‘’I didn’t want to tell you because I wanted to leave everything behind. I wanted to start a new chapter in my life and I wanted to do it alone..’’ Byulyi said quickly and she could feel the tears run down her cheek.

‘’Really? I didn’t know I meant so little to you. Well, sorry for intruding in your new chapter.’’ She said, clearly hurt.

 

Yong Sun stood up and picked up her stuff while trying to hold back the tears, not wanting to ruin her makeup. Byulyi didn’t know her words would hurt Yong Sun that much. But she really didn’t want this magical moment to just disappear like this, she needed to do something quickly.

 

As Yong Sun walked with a fast pace out of the coffee shop, Byulyi ran after and tried to stop her. She was ignored. Byulyi saw her back disappearing with all the other people and remembered this scene very well. Just like two years ago on the bridge in their hometown, this exact same scenario happened. Byulyi wanted to shout out to Yong Sun and tell her everything, but was too afraid. She thought again. This type of second chance doesn’t occur every day and she should really say what she wanted before it was too late. Then, with every little courage she had, she opened and shouted with everything she could.

 

‘’KIM YONG SUN!!!’’


Yong Sun and everyone around them turned around to see who had shouted. Yong Sun stopped and looked at Byulyi in a way Byulyi had never seen before.

 

To be continued...