CHAPTER 1

When in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You made me feel

Like I was on the top of the world

But I forgot my parachute

And I hit the ground too hard.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                

 

Emptied and crumpled beer cans scattered all over the floor, and the metallic smell of the beer is lingering on the whole apartment. Mino was there lying on his chest on the sofa, he’s wide awake he never slept the whole night and you can tell by the forming eyebags under his eyes.

 

 

The clock says it’s already 10:00 AM and it was supposed to be a lovely morning but then last night happened and he doesn’t want to move an inch.

 

“ Answer the call babe” CL’s voice ringing on his phone, someone is calling, Mino is aware of his phone ringing continuously but he doesn’t want to get up and just continue to listen to the recorded file, dreaming of that lovely voice,

 

“Babe answer the call (chuckles)” it pierced through his heart, he wanted to kiss and hug the owner of that voice but how can he do that if she turned downed his proposal? He thought their relationship is sturdy, that they are in the same boat and thinking that their relationship is perfect and that he may take it on to the next level. He thought wrong.

 

The ringtone ended and the dark haired guy is sobbing shamelessly, No this can’t be happening I’m a cool guy I never cried. Damn it!

 

 

 

It was a VIP party wherein top models from different country were gathered to celebrate the annual fashion awards night. Mino arrived at the party together with his friend models too and being the charismatic guy he is, he already attracted many eyes but the silver-haired woman that is standing far away from him called his attention, “Wow stunning woman” he muttered to himself. He straightaway walked to her leaving his friends behind, it was then he learned that her name was CL and she is a famous model that is based from Paris but was born in Seoul. She’s wearing a black Alexander Wang Monochrome backless tailored jumpsuit that gives her a very y look that Mino liked. The hall  was dimly lit but CL’s face is radiating and Mino’s at awe looking at a beauty in front of him, and the latter sure is enjoying the attention Mino is giving him, she likes Mino too judging from the looks she’s bestowing on him. Both know that the tension between them is obvious and from that night on they became so close and became best friends and turn to lovers. The next month they became the hottest couple in fashion industry and everyday’s headline in newspaper. They are the hottest topic and even the blow by blow happenings on their lives became the people’s agenda too the couple is loving the attention plus they grew to love each other in each passing days.

 

That’s how lovely they were and Mino can’t afford to lose her. Not now.

 

He can’t forget how cute her smile is, how happy they were when they’re together, how they felt so complete in each other’s arms. The indescribable feeling he just can’t afford to lose.

 

 

“No I can’t be this miserable. I’ll propose again and again until she says YES. Yes that’s what I’m going to do!” Mino said to no one in particular.

 

 

****

 

 

After several minutes of pacing back and forth of the apartment Mino finally decided to call CL to tell her that he is not giving up on her and that he will still pursue her. Grabbing the phone he fastly dialled her, he smiled she picked up in one ring.

 

“Hello Mino?” he furrowed his eyebrows this isn’t CL’s voice. He looked at his phone checking if he dialled the right number, it’s CL but who is this?

 

 

“Mino, this is Bom”

“Oh yes of course Bom, uh where CL is? Can I talk to her for a minute?”

“......”

“Hello?”

“So-sorry Mino but she flew to Paris early this morning; I got a message that she left her phone on her apartment and that she will stay there for good.” Bom said in a careful tone not wanting to provoke the man on the other line.

 

 

“WHAT?!” He felt like at this moment his whole world fell apart and he cannot decipher what Bom is saying.

NO. She can’t leave me here. Why?

 

He threw his phone on God knows where not minding Bom is still on the other line. He slammed the nearest table on his left making the glass shattered into pieces. Why are you running away baby? Why do you have to do this?

 

And without him knowing a tear fell from his eye. 

 

****

CL’S POV

I felt like someone stabbed my heart and I can’t breathe. The silence is suffocating as the dark engulfs me. I cried out my frustrations. Why does it have to be me?

Yesterday I’m dreaming of someday I will be married to a young and successful man and today someone proposed to me and I refused. Mino doesn’t deserve me, I love him so much that I want to keep him forever and stay by his side but it’s not that simple. There are things that are meant to be that way. There are words that are better left unsaid.

Ring Ring

My body went cold and turned white.  No not this time

Ring Ring

My hands are trembling. I don’t wanna pick up the call but...

Ring Ring

I feel like every single ring it gets louder and louder, am I getting paranoid?   

“He-hello?”  My voice was shaking. I’m too afraid that I may pass out due to this.

 

“Mademoiselle!” a man’s voice came up and by the tone it is obvious that he is grinning.

I nearly drop my phone. No he can’t be this! Oh please no.

There’s a long silence before a laughter roared in the line, annoying.

“How are you doing huh? I’m glad you picked up. Oh how many times you did not answer any of my calls? Are you playing hide and seek again? Or are you busy with that Mino?”

Don’t you dare call Mino an

I can’t say anything. It feels like my mouth has dried.

“HEY! I’m asking and you ing answer me ! Are you mute huh?!”

 

“Okay let me get this straight I called because of one thing babe”

I feel like I’m gonna puke when he called me babe. It’s just so inappropriate for him to call me that. Not so right. I feel disgusted.

“If you won’t come back here in Paris I swear you don’t want me to come and fetch you” the man warned me.

“And I want you to come back here tomorrow if I haven’t seen you tomorrow here in Paris prepare for yourself!” the man shouted

 

I hit the end button. I slumped on the sofa beside me and heaved that turned into a quiet sobs then bawled like a child.

What am I gonna do now? Should I call Mino to help me?

 

I’m about to reach for my phone to call him but then I remembered what happened; he shuts me out earlier because I rejected his proposal. He doesn’t want to talk to me.

 

“...you don’t want me to come and fetch you”

 

I don’t want to do this. I don’t intend to leave Mino but I have to do this, I’m being selfish again but I wish Mino will forgive me.

“I want you to come back here tomorrow if I haven’t seen you tomorrow here in Paris prepare for yourself!”

I feel terrified so I quickly packed my things to my suitcase, I voicemailed my friend Bom and left the apartment as soon as before the sun rises.

Goodbye Mino...

 

****

-MIDNIGHT, CLUB OCTAGON (private lounge)-

 

 

“So what are you going to do now Mino?” Seungyoon asked.

 

Seungyoon is the youngest of their squad, a model turned into singer.

 

“Can you just chill for a bit dude? We’re here at the club to enjoy and relax for a bit but here you are stressing you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter