Chapter 36

Let Me Sing For You

 

I'm back. With another update. Not yet the last but second to the last. :D

I wanted to end it in this chapter but it will be very, very long so I decided to cut it. 

Please look forward for the last chapter.

I might be updating it today or maybe tomorrow night.

 

Happy reading guys and thanks to all my subscribers!

 



 

 

“Daddy? Are you busy today?”

 

“Nope. Why?” Mr. Kim asked.

 

“Well, I’ll go there now and I want to discuss something with you. Bye!”Taeyeon hang up the phone immediately.

 

“This kid.” He looks at his phone. “I wonder what it is.” Then he called a maid into his mini-office.

 

“Mrs. Park, I would like you to prepare a good snack, something that my son will really like. He’s on his way here today. Thank you.”

 

He stood up from his chair and looked out the window. “Honey, if you were only here. I’m sure Taeyeon won’t even live alone but still I’m thankful that he learned how to stand on his own feet.”

 

After an hour, Taeyeon arrived at home and Mr. Kim welcomed him.

 

“Welcome back, son.” He gave Taeyeon a hug.

 

Taeyeon hugs him back and greets him. “Hi there, daddy. Well, how’s life?”

 

“Life? I’ve been doing well these days and yeah, I asked Mrs. Park to prepare us some food so shall we go to the garden?”

 

“Sure.” They walked to the garden and started eating the snacks prepared by Mrs. Kim.

 

“Daddy, I just want to ask you something.”

 

“I think I know it already?”


Taeyeon got surprised. “You-you know it already?”

 

Mr. Kim looked at him and laughed. “Of course! I saw your performance a few days ago. Also Mr. Hwang and I met in LA 3 days ago and he told me that you want to marry her daughter, isn’t that right?”

 

“Well…yeah that sort of thing.”

 

Silence filled the area and Taeyeon just calmly ate his food. Then he finally decided to break the silence.

 

“I know we’re young and that we just got together for about 2 years. I mean, if you count the years we’ve been together when we were young that’s very long.” Taeyeon tries to explain. “I love her and that I don’t want to get separated from her again. It’s kind of cheesy but without it’s like my life is incomplete.”

 

Mr. Kim was just listening to him and not even saying a single word.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand just kept on talking and explaining without even looking at his father’s expression. “Daddy, I am also sure about this and that I’m capable of having a family already. I am working as an artist also fans love us even if they haven’t met her already. I’m sure Tiffany is the girl for me and that…”

 

Suddenly, Mr. Kim smiled and said, “Do it.”

 

“What? What did you say, daddy?” Taeyeon asked in confusion.

 

“I said do it. Go and get married to Tiffany.” He looks at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon smiled so wide. “Really, daddy? I can?”

 

“Yeah. Who am I to oppose this marriage when I know that both of you love each other.”

 

“I-ah-I…I’m…” Taeyeon panicked and looks like he’s about to cry.

 

“Calm down kid.” Mr. Kim said and laughed as he look at his son who really is so happy.

 

“Daddy, thank you so much!” Taeyeon ran towards his father and gave him a hug. “I’ll make sure that Tiffany will say yes to me.”

 

“She surely will say yes. You don’t have to worry anymore.”

 

Taeyeon pulled away. “You think so, daddy?”

 

Mr. Kim nodded and said, “Mr. Hwang told me that Tiffany has been asking him about this.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, he also said Tiffany really likes you and that getting married with you will be the happiest moment of her life.”

 

Taeyeon smiled like crazy. “That girl, but when I asked her if we should get married, she said we’re still young and that we have a long way to go and now she said that to her father?”

 

Mr. Kim smiled and puts his arms over Taeyeon’s shoulder. “You know what, son. No matter what happen, I’m always at your back supporting you in everything that you do. So with this marriage thing, what’s your plan?”

 

“Plan?” Taeyeon smirked.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Later that night, Taeyeon gives Yuri a call.

 

“Hello? Yuri?”

 

“Oh? Taeng. Why did you call?”

 

“How’s the favor that I asked you? Is everything going with the plan?”

 

“Yes, of course. But I’m quite busy now. Did you call just to ask that?”

 

“You could say that. Well, tomorrow’s the day so can I count on you that everything will be smooth tomorrow?”

 

“Yup! I’ll call you back later, I’m in the middle of dealing with the things that you need.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Taeyeon put down his phone. “I hope everything goes smooth tomorrow. Wish me luck! Fighting!”

 

Sooyoung sees him talking alone. “Are you okay? Why are you talking to yourself?”

 

“Well, tomorrow’s the day so I’m just nervous and at the same time excited.”

 

“You asked Yuri to arrange everything, right? I’m sure he won’t let you down. Also, this is something important and he’s your best buddy. You just have to give your full trust to him.” Sooyoung said to him.

 

“I trust him it’s just that I’m just nervous what will happen tomorrow.”

 

Sooyoung approached him. “You know what, go to bed. Go sleep so that you’ll have enough energy tomorrow so if everything failed you can cry hard.” Sooyoung joked.

 

Taeyeon glared at her. “What the? How can you wish that everything will fail tomorrow?”

 

Sooyoung laughed. “I’m just joking. Now, go to your room and sleep.” She pushed Taeyeon towards his room.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m going to sleep. You too! I need you tomorrow.”

 

He closed his door and jumped on his bed. He puts his arms under his head. “I can feel that tomorrow will be a very good day.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon woke up early to prepare himself for the event today. Sooyoung saw Taeyeon checking on some clothes. She slowly approached him.

 

“Hmm…” She looks at Taeyeon who is busy looking through his clothes.

 

“What?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“You know what; you look a bit stressed now that you can’t even pick what clothes you should wear.”

 

“Would you mind helping me?”

 

Sooyoung shakes her head.

 

“You won’t?”

 

“It’s not that I don’t like to help, I think it’s better if you go to a clothing shop and buy a new set of clothes for today.”

 

Taeyeon glanced at all the clothes scattered on his bed. “You think so?”

 

“Let’s go.” She pulled Taeyeon out the house.

After hours of trying on different style of clothes, finally Taeyeon decided to wear a white colored tuxedo.

 

“There much better.” Sooyoung said.

 

Taeyeon turns around and looks in the mirror. “Hair done. Clothes done. What’s next?”

 

“Don’t you have a list?”

 

“I have…in my mind.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Stupid. Since hair and clothes is done. I think it’s time for you to go no wait. How about flowers??? The ring? Do you even have the ring?”

 

“Ring? I already have it weeks ago and that it’s with Yuri now.”

 

“Good. Now, let’s go get you some flowers and then let’s go to the place.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“Everyone! Go to your places! Taeyeon will be arriving soon also please remember that this is a special event for him so let’s all do our best, okay?”

 

“Yes!” Everyone shouted and went to their places.

 

Yuri picked up a walkie-talkie. “Mr. Chopper, are you in place already??”

 

“That’s affirmative. Roger.”

 

“Good. I’ll give you the signal on when you should come in.”

 

“Now that everyone’s in position and everything has been setup. I wonder where Taeyeon is now.”

 

Suddenly a car blew a horn behind Yuri.

 

“Ya! That scared me!”

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung went out the car. “So is everything done? I mean, should I do it now?”

 

“Yeah, people ready and in their respective position. Chopper’s ready. You are ready, flower’s ready and…”

 

“How about the ring?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“It’s ready already. Here you go.” Yuri handed the red box to Taeyeon and he opened it.

 

“Wow!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “Is this a customized ring?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “And this ring is a special ring just for her.”

 

“Okay, shall we get started now?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

“Taeyeon, go to your place and wait. You’ll know what to do right? Right after the people do their work?”

 

“Yup, thank Yuri.”

 

“Don’t thank me now; thank me later when it’s done. Now move!”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Tiffany is in the middle of a meeting together with Jessica and some other board members. They’re discussing something about the next project of the company.

 

“When we got Taeyeon as our model, our sales really went up.” A board member said.

 

“Yes and since idols nowadays are really famous, we could invite more idols to endorse our brand.” Tiffany said.

 

Everyone in the room looked on the door when it opened.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt but Ms. Tiffany, can I speak with you for a while outside?” The secretary said.

 

“Please excuse me for a while.”

 

They both head out of the conference room and the secretary handed her a note.