A Cuddly New Year

Through the Cats' Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! Let's all hope for a better year!~ Happy 2016!

-------

Kyu's tail flickered for a moment as the snow continued to pour mercilessly; his form unconsciously shaking due to the cold environment. The light coming from the television bathed him in a soft hue and the sounds the appliance was emitting served as a soft lullaby to his sensitive ears.

Marcus let out a loud yawn from the couch; Kyu cuddling on the human's lap with a soft purr. The man just laughed bemusedly before he the cat's white coat.

"It sure is a cold Christmas season, eh?" Marcus whispered to the purring cat with a wistful voice; his eyes unconsciously trailing towards the window and outside the dark night, particularly at the neighboring house. He then sighed once the show he was watching on the television ended, signaling that it was already eleven in the evening, "Let's go, little buddy. Time to sleep."

Kyu let out a whine in response before he felt hands pulling him up to a warm chest; the whine dying on his throat after he cuddled on the embrace. Marcus just chuckled once again as he trudged back to his room.

Suddenly, a soft knock on the door caught Kyu's attention and he instantly wiggled out of the human's arms before the man accidentally let him go. The cat then soon ran towards the door and scratched the wood repeatedly; Marcus looking at the cat curiously.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Marcus frowned as he walked towards where his cat was swatting on the door, "Do you want to go out? It's snowing blizzards there."

And another knock on the door then caught Marcus' attention.

Marcus froze for a minute; a hand slowly creeping its way towards the doorknob in shaking movements. Kyu just hissed impatiently at his owner before he meowed loudly, as if telling the human to hurry up because the person behind the door might already be freezing to death.

"Kyu, if this is a burglar and he kills me, please tell Heechul-hyung I was the one who filled his backyard with frogs. And Henry too, that I was the one who accidentally broke his violin when I used it to spar with Donghae," And Marcus took a deep breath before he tightly gripped the metal knob, "Jongwoon too. Tell him he wears too much eyeliner. Please also let Ryeowook know that I don't regret tripping him back then because he landed on his face, therefore giving me a good view of his —ouch! Okay fine, I'll open it now! No need to scratch at my legs! This pair of jeans is more expensive than your food—okay, okay! Stop scratching me!"

Marcus then begrudgingly opened the door with a deep frown; ready to scold the intruder for disturbing him and his precious cat late at night and sounding like a probable burglar. Kyu just meowed curiously from the ground as his tail swished from side to side; eager to cover the person behind the door with cat fur.

And the human and cat were met with the shaking form of Nathan who was heavily crying at their doorstep.

--

Kyu extended a paw to hit the incoming ball towards his hunched figure; hitting it lightly before it bounced back to the other direction. Wookie then emerged from under the couch and tackled the ball with such force that the cat lost balance before he accidentally plopped down on the larger cat.

The two cats soon playfully wrestled with each other; Kyu gaining the upper hand due to his larger body. His tail flickered on the other's as his paws gently scratched Wookie's belly; both cats releasing soft happy meows here and there as they continued to trash around the living room.

"Oh, you're here again, Wookie." A deep voice called from one of the rooms of the house before the owner of said voice emerged from the bedroom. The cats promptly stopped on their play time once they heard the voice and then they ran towards the chuckling human and jumped on his arms; Marcus letting out a soft 'oof' as he was tackled by surprise on the ground.

Soon, both cats found themselves squirming for freedom as the human mercilessly tickled them on their stomachs. And once the feeling of pity pooled on Marcus' gut, he released both meowing cats with a loud laugh.

"You two are just so squishy and cute!" Marcus exclaimed before he picked both cats on his arms and plopped down on the couch; Wookie settling on his lap while Kyu decided to sit on his head, "But Wookie, your owner cried himself to sleep."

Wookie let out an understanding meow in response; remembering what happened just a while ago, or as to what Kyu 'narrated' to him. Apparently, Nathan was crying on the Cho's door and the taller human instantly dragged the shivering older towards the couch near the fireplace. And without words, Marcus covered the still-crying man with heaps of blankets and jackets to heighten the temperature. The smaller man just continued to cry and unconsciously clung on to the younger who started to sing some sort of soft lullaby.

Once calmed down and sleepy, probably due to too much crying, Nathan had been lifted by Marcus to his arms and carried him to the bedroom to let the hiccupping man rest but not before giving the smaller man a mug of hot chocolate.

And that was when Wookie noticed his owner missing from the house that he decided to check on the Cho household.

"Seriously, Ryeowook is such a crybaby," Marcus gently muttered without edge on his words before he sighed deeply; his hands unconsciously patting the brown cat on his lap, "And he's an idiot for even braving to go outside on this horrible weather! What if he gets sick? I can't cook anything, not even a soup, for Pete's sake! And he really shouldn't cry. I hate it when he cries."

Both cats then the human on the face to cheer him up.

A soft smile started to etch itself on the human's face as a form of response before it turned evil and slightly irritated; making Wookie and Kyu tilt their heads to the side in confusion.

"Can you do me a favor?"

The cats just blinked in confusion.

"Hyukjae told Ryeowook that the giraffes are freezing in the zoo right now because of the snow and because the zookeepers are spending their Christmas at homes. Therefore, there's no one sheltering the giraffes right now," Marcus explained in a low voice as a malicious glint shone in his dark eyes, "Why don't you guys teach Hyukjae a lesson for making our cute little giraffe cry?"

--

A few days later, a loud scream which suspiciously sounded like Hyukjae echoed throughout the whole neighborhood as the human discovered his magazines (which were definitely not ) shredded into pieces.

--

Wookie looked up from where he was lazing on the couch, startled, when loud banging sounds on the door reverberated throughout the whole living room. His owner, who was seating beside the curious cat, frowned heavily before he hesitantly turned the television off an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter