A Furry Christmas

Through the Cats' Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Guess what my mother gifted me just this morning? (Aside from a brand new tablet?)

A freaking kitten.

Yep, I now have a new kitten, and I named him Nathan. I think my mother is secretly reading this so she decided to give me a cat. Kkkk.

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone! Let's all gain weight! ^^

Also, I want to personally greet everyone of you a Merry Christmas but I don't know if you celebrate it. And I might seem insensitive if I just suddenly greet you like that, so...

NOTE: Nathan-Ryeowook and Marcus-Kyuhyun are interchanged all throughout the story. Please be guided accordingly.

-------                               

Wookie looked up from where he was cuddled on the couch when loud banging sounds coming from the neighboring house caught his attention; his ears prickling as the noise continued.

The cat let out a yawn before he turned his curious eyes towards his owner who was peeking through the blinds; soon getting up and following the small man. His owner just looked down at him before he smiled and gently picked him up and cradled him in his arms. One of the man's arms then moved forward to pull the blinds up and Wookie instantly pressed his nose on the glass window to gaze outside where he saw tons of large boxes just sitting on the lawn of the house next theirs.

"Look, Wookie. Someone's moving in on that house," Wookie's owner mumbled with slight excitement as he squeezed his cat, "And look! They also got a cat! You'll finally have a friend now!" The man continued happily as a large cat suddenly got out of the renovated house; said cat unconsciously looking at their direction through the windows. Wookie then caught the other cat's gaze as his tail flicked to the side in slight excitement.

His owner chuckled amusedly in that soft laugh of his as Wookie let out a contented meow before he buried his head on his owner's chest; suddenly feeling happy and excited as the larger cat curiously continued to look at their direction. And soon, the neighboring cat started to make his way near towards their backyard.

Oh, he was sure he and that larger cat would really get along.

"."

Wookie suddenly looked up to his owner in slight confusion and surprise at the loud curse the man let out; his furry head soon trailing to where his owner's wide eyes were now trained on. It wasn't on the white large cat who was now trying to jump over the fence, rather, it was on a tall skinny man who was now picking up the large cat they saw a while ago before said cat could even jump on Wookie's backyard.

"Wookie, let's go greet that handsome man—I mean, cat." His owner suddenly muttered with a dreamy voice as the other man looked at their window, "Come on, the y man—I MEAN CAT, is waiting."

--

As it turned out, Wookie and Kyu, the name of the white larger cat as he learned later on, really clicked with each other and became the best of friends the moment they pawed and sniffed each other curiously.

Wookie's owner stepped out of the house; Wookie nestled safely on his arms. The man then made his way towards the backyard and towards the fence where the larger cat and his owner were standing.

"Hi, you must be the new guy moving in on that house," Wookie's owner cheerfully greeted as he extended an expecting hand forward, "My name is Nathan Kim."

The other man then just blankly stared at him before his dark eyes travelled downwards; Wookie soon letting out a hiss as the taller man started to ogle his owner's legs clad in skinny jeans. The other cat then did the same thing before he swiped his own owner on the chin as if telling him to stop harassing the smaller man.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I'm Marcus. Marcus Cho."

"Nice to meet you, Marcu—oh my god, Cho?"

"Wha—, Nathan Kim? Kim?! As in Kim Ryeowook?!"

And both Nathan and Marcus glared at each other as they stepped away from the other and the fence; both cats nestled on their arms flinching, startled at the sudden action, before they jumped out of their owners' arms and towards each other.

"Wow, who would have thought that the Kim Ryeowook is my neighbor? What great luck I have." Marcus mumbled sarcastically as he whistled lowly; Nathan crossing his arms on his chest in an annoyed manner.

"Yes, because the worst nightmare of my high school and college life is now in front of me, not to mention he's now my ing neighbor."

"Ha, you're so easy to bully anyway. Those were the happiest years of my life." The taller man happily said as if to rile the older man in front of him; said older man gritting his teeth in irritation.

"You ing , it's not my fault you got detention! You basically tripped me in front of the whole school while we were singing with Yesung-hyung!" Nathan screamed as he relieved his rather unfortunate past; Marcus scoffing in response as he curled his fists on the sides.

"You dumped wine on me on our prom! That was my favorite suit and Sungmin said I stink!"

"Heechul-hyung pushed me! And Sungmin-hyung's right anyway!"

"Why you, ing midget!"

"Crater face!"

"At least I didn't fail Math unlike that student with an annoying too-high voice!"

"Well at least I didn't the of that person who definitely doesn't have an annoying high voice!"

And both cats, who started to happily play with each other, promptly ignored their bickering owners who apparently were mortal enemies since their school days.

They would probably make up soon, anyway.

--

Their owners didn't.

In fact, their fights even became worse.

Wookie let out a soft meow as his white-furred friend played with his tail; the both of them lying around on Wookie's owner's backyard. It was always like this. Whenever Wookie and Kyu would hang out, either by playing chase with each other or hunting lowly mice, their owners would be glaring at each other from their posts on their own backyards. And it was starting to wear both cats out because their owners seemed to think that if they couldn't get along, then neither the cats could too.

Every day, for the past few weeks, Kyu found time to visit the smaller brown cat. The larger cat would always jump above the fence separating both houses; soon excitedly running towards his friend waiting either on the kitchen or on the grass lawn. On most days, Nathan would find them cuddled on the kitchen counter while he cooked, and the man would just laugh sweetly before rubbing both of their bellies. Kyu would admit, he really loved the small man.

Sometimes, when both cats played around Nathan's living room, the man would play with them using cat toys and yarns. Those were the moments Kyu liked the most. Nathan would cuddle with them, all the while humming some soothing melody using that sweet voice of his. And after the three would collapse on the couch in tiredness, the human would reward them with deliciously cooked treats.

"You are so cute, Kyu. And so squishy and cuddly too," Nathan would always say with a smile while patting the white cat's head, "If only your douchebag of an owner is that cute too, I won't mind cooking food and cuddling with him. Oh, also if he stops groping my , that'd be really good with me."

And Wookie and Kyu would just let out sympathetic meows before they would attack the squealing man with wet tongues to comfort him.

 

Sometimes, when Kyu was feeling lazy just like his owner, Wookie would be the one who would stop by their house. The smaller cat, instead of jumping above the fence, would take a detour around the house wherein he would pass by the other hyung-cats. Some of them, namely Chullie and Kangin (which were owned by Heechul and Youngwoon respectively), would always about liking the new cat in town. And Wookie wouldn't even deny it.

During those times, Wookie and Kyu would always laze around Marcus' bed while the human worked on this weird box-type thing which would always release weird buzzing sounds. The box which was called a laptop, as Marcus once told them, shouldn't be tampered with so they just both relied on cuddling on the cushy mattress of the human's bed.

The man was really nice, Wookie would admit. Although the man seemed to have fun annoying his owner, Marcus was actually nice to Wookie. The human would pick him up and throw him in the air and the cat would admit that although it was somehow dizzying, it was a thrilling experience nonetheless. At times, Marcus would even give both cats a singing performance, and Wookie really loved the human's voice as much as he loved playing with the human's laptop's cable.

It really would be heavenly if their owners sang together.

"You are so gentle and timid, Wookie," Marcus would always say before he would tackle both cats with belly rubs, "If only your y of an owner is like that too, I won't mind helping him mow his lawn.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter