the heart of a saber

Lightsaber, Lifesaver

ByunBaekhyun…. Lifesaver…


---

 

Great, I left my saber somewhere...

 

“What do you want?” i exclaimed.

 

What i heard as a reply wasn't gonna let me have a good night sleep.

 

“the heart of a saber”

It was not one human’s voice. Instead, it was like the sound of three of maybe four man, in different pitches, but all from one source, all in unison. The voice was heavy and distant, like it doesn't came out of a pair of lips but instead from the very throat. The voice that contain power and thirst. The voice that drags you down to the depths of hell.

 

With chills down my spine, i turn and prepare myself for a fight. Not surprising that the man i face was a 7-footer, with a black hooded cloak and a mask, hiding his facial features, but through the blood moon’s ray i could see a shade of red in his crescent eyes. His body was quite thin. I, however, knows better than to judge him by his appearance.

 

“Who are you?” i asked again, backing a step to make a distance between us.

Instead of replying my question, he, they, it, whatever to call that creature, reached out his hand, revealing a jet black scythe with a matching black metal rod as it’s hilt. Instantly i knew. It’s seeking power. Cutting through the heart of a saber will make the weapon and the owner stronger. Our power would be absorbed to it. And unfortunately that saber is gonna be me. Great.

 

Gritting my teeth, i try to calculate my moves.

 

I’m disadvantaged here. I can’t run away, can i?

 

With the silent swing of his stone scythe, our fight begun.

The first few blows i was able to dodge. The fourth one managed to cut through my hair as i saw threads of black fall before my eyes. Unbelievably close to cutting my head off.

“Tsk,” i jumped further from that monster,dropping off my backpack to lighten my burden.

I have to disarm him to make this fight at least equal.

I jumped back, trying to attack his wrists.

 

We exchange blows, but still i was only able to do minor injuries at him. He, however was winning against me. I don't know how many cuts i’ve received.

 

I’m panting hard catching my breath. But is that thing even breathing? I can’t even hear a sigh from it. And no matter how many times i disarm him, he would always get his weapon back.

I don't know why my body is getting weaker. Maybe it’s the blood moon. Maybe i’m too injured. Nonetheless, i’m still gonna fight. I’m not gonna go down until i can’t lift a finger.

I must’ve lost focus cause the next thing i knew were a hit from the front of my head, followed by the hit of pavement on my back. The world were spinning against my eye. A loud monotonous ring was the only thing i can hear. I can’t breathe. I can’t lift my head. My whole body felt heavy. The blood moon shone it’s winning light upon me.

 

Is this it?

 

The monster stood before me with his scythe drawn, ready to cut through my heart like a death angel would. I closed my eyes, waiting for the piercing pain.

 

What comes next instead was the sound of his scythe against the pavement. Shooting my eyes open, i saw a man standing not far. I can’t see him clear enough as my vision is still blurred, but it’s clearly that pink haired boy that disarm the monster.

 

“Oi, attacking an unarmed girl is pathetic don’t you think?” the guy asked, with a toothpick against his lips, clearly mocking the monster, spinning the hilt of his weapon in his hands.

“And what fool walked unarmed on a blood night?” that’s definitely for me. If it wasn't because i can’t move, the next thing that he would say is ‘ouch’ and ‘sorry’. instead, i could only rest back my head on the pavement with a sigh. It wasn't like i intended to leave my saber anyway… but he was right, it was a fool of me.

 

“hey scythe man, i’ll take it from here” he jumped closer to what was my opponent. Taking a fight stance, he lights up his hilt.

I would never forget the beauty of his saber. He must've used a pure white crystal in there. The plasma emitting from it were shining bright white, but the blood moon is making it glows somewhat red at the edges.

 

Pure white saber. Having a saber in this area is rare enough. Moreover, a white lightsaber. Who is he?

 

With my vision slowly regained, i could see him still in that snotty attitude as he showed off his moves by swinging his sword back and forth, spinning it swiftly in his hands without a problem.

And the monster attacked. He dodged, counter attacked. Hit. Block. Another hit. Effortless. Flawless.

His saber hit the monster’s arm, near to cutting it off completely. That seemed to activate something inside the monster as it let out a hellish groan.

Ignited, the two engaged in what seemed like an endless exchange of blows in which every hit of their weapons produced sparks of pure energy.

 

I hate to admit he’s good. One of the best weapon bearer i have ever seen. it’s like he’s been swinging that saber since he’s 3. He timed his attacks perfectly, his swings were fast but accurate, his steps light but firm. The sound of his swinging saber accompanied by his noisy shouts filled my ears. Geez he’s loud.

The creature is slowly losing, i could see that. But it might take some time to actually kill it.

I took my time to check on my major wounds, ripping my jacket to tie and press against those that were bleeding profusely. Looking at how badly my left hand was cut, i could actually lose it.

As i slowly gather my strength, i could see that their fight was culminating. He got the monster cornered and weak.

With one last swing, he managed to beheaded the scythe man. Before the creature even manage to fall, he jab through where his heart should be, ensuring with the pierce of his saber that the creature won't be revived.

 

Making sure that the situation is clear, he took a breath and unlit his saber, spinning the hilt in his hand, throw it off to the sky before it landed swiftly in his pocket, not the usual way to return your hilt. Show off. Gee. I think I hate him already.

 

He walked over to where i laid down, squatted down to checked on my major wounds, nodding at my emergency bandage and cringing at my left hand.

Now that he’s near, i could see him clearly. He’s not too tall, but he’s got that fit body of boys that regularly practice and exercise. His eyes were slanting down like a puppy, his smile were also one of those sly smiles that you should be careful of. Overall, his screams mischievous.

 

“You seriously were unarmed?” he asked.

“I didn't plan so” i huffed, not liking the fact that it’s actually my carelessness that almost took my life.

“Of course, i mean, who is dumb enough planned to die by the hands of a blood moon slave?”

Seriously, if i’m not majorly wounded, my fist would wipe that square smile from his face. If looks could kill, boy, you are at my mercy right now.

“Okay, we need to get you treated. That leftie is on crisis. Can you sit?”

“i guess..”

“get on my back” he said after offering me his hand and help me sat straight.

“right,” he said, securing his arms on my lower thigh. Maybe it was his shampoo, maybe it was his soap, maybe it was his clothes, maybe it’s just him, or maybe it’s just my exhaustion. But it’s so comfortable here on his back.

“what’s your name?” he asked while walking.

“(Y/N), you?”

“i’m ByunBaekhyun, but you can call me… lifesaver 😉”

“ish!” i could hear him chuckle lightly before drowsiness took me away.

 

At least, he truly is my lifesaver for today.

 

thank you, lifesaver…

 

---

 

 

 

A/N: shoud i continue this?? what do you guys think? too bad he appeared just at the last part, eh? :p