20 Years Later

Rhythm Of Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22th December 2035 (Three days before Christmas...)

 

Sitting at the passenger seat next to the lady who hugged him earlier in the hospital, Namjoon avoided the lady's worried gaze and focused on the his own hands. He didn't know what to say to her or how to react to her worried glances. The fact that he was married to her was still a huge shock to the 15 years old Namjoon. She was his wife, so that means that they have surely held hands before, kissed before, hugged before, and maybe, did that before. His mind was racing right now, thinking of all the things that his future self had done with his future wife who was sitting right next to him now.

"Hey Joon, are you alright?" The lady beside Namjoon asked in a worried tone as she stole a glance at her husband. Namjoon was staring at his hands and tracing the lines on his left palm with his fingers. His face was in a deep shade of red. She wondered if he was having a fever. She was overjoyed when she saw him finally awake in the hospital awhile ago but also shocked to learn from the doctor that Namjoon had lost some of his memories due to the shock he received from the car accident this early morning.

The way Namjoon looked at her back in the hospital as if she was a weird stranger, it saddened her a lot but she told herself to be strong. For him, and also for their baby.

Namjoon looked up abruptly at the lady at the driver seat and muttered a soft I'm fine. The way she looked at him worriedly made him uncomfortable. Earlier when the doctor had asked him a few questions, he couldn't asnwer most of them. As a result, the doctor announced that he might have lost some of his recent memories due to the shock from the car accident but other than that, he was good to go. He had asked the doctor who the lady that hugged him was and much to his surprise, the doctor laughed and jokingly asked him if he even forget about his own wife too.

"O-oo-of course not." W-wh-what the heck?! How come he suddenly got a wife? He was barely sixteen!

"Sign here and after that, you just have to pay your bill and take your medicine at the counter." The doctor handed him the clipboard and Namjoon took the pen and signed. He asked in a nonchalent tone as he returned the clipboard to the doctor, "May I know where is the toilet, doc?"

Going in the direction the doctor had pointed out to him, Namjoon found the toilet without much trouble and settled his business in a matter of seconds. He flushed the toilet and had went to the basin to wash his hands when he noticed something was off.

His reflection in the mirror.

Namjoon screamed, except no voice had come out from his wide-opened mouth.

A man in his mid-thirties was staring back at him in horror with his mouth widely opened. 

Namjoon moved his head slowly and watched in horror as the man in the mirror did the same. He moved his left arm. The man moved his right arm. He put his left arm down and moved his right arm up. The man moved his left arm up and narrowed his eyes. Namjoon's eyes widen with shock and the man took a step backwards, almost knocked into a poor man who was trying to get into the toilet. He quickly apologized to the man and rushed near to the mirror again. His reflection did the same thing.

"This is unbelievable. I've got a moustache!" Namjoon whispered as he touched his face. His eyes wandered around his reflection and he spotted other things too. He had a piercing on his left ear and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter