Photograph

Rhythm Of Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22th December 2015 (Three days before Christmas...)

 

Namjoon sprinted out from the warmth of his bed as soon as his alarm went off. He was actually already wide awake half an hour ago but instead of scrambling down the bed and started preparing for school like he usually did, the 15-year-old decided to spend a couple more minutes on the cozy bed and played around with his fluffy pink blanket. It was holiday after all, and a couple of days later, it's the long awaited Christmas.

The thought of Christmas Eve brought a small smile across the young boy's face. He had been waiting for this day for a whole year, every single year.

It was the time Namjoon got to have his relatives and cousins coming over his house to celebrate the festive season together, the time he could invite his friends over to his house and exchange gifts and presents, the time where all of them stood together to sing Christmas songs near the little woods just behind his house after having barbeque together while waiting for the fireworks to start as the clock struck twelve. It was the tradition of his family. It was also the time where Namjoon would went to sleep with anticipation of what Santa Claus will give him as a present the next morning. 

Namjoon shut his alarm before it could wake up the whole house and went over to his drawers, pulling out a white turtle-neck sweater and started changing. Taking off his pyjamas, his eyes focused on his own reflection on the mirror where a pink line s across his left chest. Slowly, he lifted his right hand and traced his fingers over the little scar. The pink line was almost unnoticeable now, compared to the ugly red snake that rested on his left chest five months ago when he had just had the surgery done. Namjoon vividly recalled the time when he suddenly fainted in school one morning and had been rushed to the hospital by his teachers, only to be told by the doctors that he had a tumor growing in his heart. Namjoon's parents had asked if there were any way to save their only son.

"Even if you undergo the surgery now, the chance to survive is only 30%." The doctor in charge of him had said. It was hard to break the news to the patients but the doctor knew he had to. Embraced by his tearful parents, Namjoon made up his decision. 

"Dad, mom, I want to live." He did not know what will happen at that time, whether he will survive or not, but he knew he had to try. 

And Namjoon survived.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter