Mercury

Space bound

JungSeng Street

“Hey, please wait. Wait!” the taller man said as he grabbed the sleeve of the shorter guy. He was exhausted, even if he has long legs, he ran during minutes to finally be able to talk to this boy. “I am Park Chanyeol, I need to tell you something” and he smiled. Is curious how his teeth could shine even if the sun is so bright. The big eyes of the smaller guy opened wide “I don’t know you, you must be mistaken… By the way, I am busy” he bowed and walked away. The taller guy kept following him during minutes, and yelled “Kyungsoo! Your name is Kyungsoo, I know everything about you… well, someone who I know, knows everything about you”

Kyungsoo looked at him “who the hell are you?” The taller boy smiled again “I am Park Chanyeol, and I can explain everything if you give me 30 minutes of your time” he pointed to the restaurant that was across the street “Do you mind to come with me there?” Kyungsoo blinked a few times, he was staring at that boy, he could ignore him, but some strange force made him believe that he met this guy some time ago. But the situation was this, Kyungsoo was a last year student, he only had time to focus on the final exams, and that day he was going to a university interview, also that restaurant was the most dangerous place on the city, it was located on the middle of nowhere, how he could trust in a stranger that invites him there? He was trying to think, but the stranger talks again “I get it now, you must have an interview today, right? I am such an idiot” Kyungsoo blinked again, was this man reading his mind? He had lots of questions, but few time, so he just nodded, the taller man, Chanyeol, smiled and told him “I´ll be in the restaurant, waiting for you, good luck” and then he disappeared in the crowd. As soon as the “magic” of this man disappeared, Kyungsoo kept walking to the train station.

Kyunsoo’s apartment

Kyungsoo arrived at his apartment at 3pm, he ate something to the way to his house, and now he was sitting on his couch, watching the news. The news, were the same recently “the education minister has won an award for his good labor during this year” “the hottest girls show their secrets for a perfect body“ “a man was found dead near to JungSeng Street” “The restaurant…” Kyungsoo whispered to himself. He changed the channel, to a comedy show, and then his cell phone rang.

-“Hi! Man, how was the interview?”

- A complete mess, I have the perfect grades, I have all the knowledge they could want, but I am not as good.

-As good as who?

- As good as everyone, all the aspirants were charming, and you could see how happy there were. But seems that I can hide my shame face anymore. The first thing the man told me was to punctuate my level of happiness from 1 to 5.

-And what did you say? Man, the only thing you had to do was respond 5.

- But I didn’t, I said 3, and then 2, and then he lost interest in me. He told me that they want something else than good grades, they wanted a successful human being, and that’s not me.

-That’s a pity, I am sorry… what are you going to do then? Your father is going to kick your if you don´t go to that University.

-I don’t know, maybe is time to begin living by myself, I need to find a job, and earn money to pay a music career. My father rejection is acceptable, but living the rest of my life as a business man just sicks me.

-Are you sure about that? Your father scares me, more than the idea to watch a horror movie with a ghost next to me.

- I … I am sure, I have to fight for my dreams, is not going to be easy, but I’ll. I suddenly realized that life is a parody, today I met someone super weird, and then I was there waiting to be like my father. I just don’t want that anymore.

-Oh… did you met a girl? Hahaha.

-Is not funny, and no, I met a guy, he was very strange, and told me that he knew everything about me.

- hahaha man, you have a stalker, that’s all.

-Shut up. Don’t laugh at me, but I am just curious. I am thinking to meet him on a restaurant.

-Kyungsoo! You have a date! Hahaha… I have to hang out now, I´ll call you next time.

“Is not a da… good bye” Kyungsoo stared at the tv again, the show ended with a horrible song, according to Kyungsoo. He changes the channel to the news again, the topic was the corpse found on the street where he was that morning. They were filming near the restaurant, and Kyungsoo saw the strange man,” Chanyeol?” staring at the camera, as a policeman  were talking with the journalist, he was on the back, smiling at the camera, calling Kyungsoo with his eyes. For a second Kyungsoo thought that he was losing his head, but then another man appeared next to Chanyeol, a pale boy, with a delicate face, he whispered something on Chanyeol´s ear, and stared at the camera too, finally, the boy made a gesture with his hand, like inviting to come to the restaurant. “…The police will work hard to find the responsible for this crime, see us for more information through our web page”

That wasn´t an illusion, Chanyeol was there with another man. That felt like a message for him, or maybe a warning, that he is going to be the next victim, why if they are the murderers? Kyungsoo mind was floating in the worst thoughts, but for some reason, curiosity was bigger than fear. He took some coins on that were on the table and put them on the pocket of his jeans, then he changed his sweated white shirt to a clean black shirt, and finally he combed his hair. His apartment were at 10 minutes of the restaurant, so he closed the door, and went to that place.

 

JungSeng Street, hidden restaurant

“What are we going to do?” said one of the boys.  “We can´t just tell him everything in one shot, he needs time to assimilate the situation. Do you guys remember when we found Sehun? He didn’t go out of his house during two months, and now we don’t have time to wait two months for this guy… Kyung…”

“Kyungsoo” said the tall guy Chanyeol “We don´t have to worry about him, you guys did a good choose, Kyungsoo trust in me, I am sure that tonight he is going to meet with us…” He smiled again “…And Baek, calling the police wasn´t a good reaction either. Whatever, trust me, Sehun and I used mental power to call him through the camera of that journalist” Baekhyun sighted.

“What do you think Suho?” Said Baekhyun, trying to ignore to Chanyeol silly faces.

Suho was sitting on a chair, looking at his hands “I don’t know…I just want to forget all this and live a normal life…” He gave a look to all the boys, Chanyeol the bright smile guy, Baekhyun the charming guy, Sehun the pretty boy, and there was Jongin sitting in silence over one of the tables. All of them were looking at him. Suho closed his eyes and exhaled an amount of air “I am sorry… We are here, and we have to keep going to reach our goals. Baekhyun, I think you are right, he might be afraid if we tell him everything right now, also he’ll be scared if he sees us too soon. So… Chanyeol and Sehun, please explain to Kyungsoo the necessary, nothing else, not the danger, just make him know the real person he is. Okay? Sehun and Chanyeol nodded.

“Wait, wait, Suho, those idiots are going to ruin everything, Why don’t you let me stay with them” Said Baekhyun. Chanyeol approached to Baekhyun and whispered something on his ear, Baekhyun blushed and stared at him ashamed. “I can´t. I can´t let you be in the same room together without me around, you two messy, furthermore, I need you to do something else. Jongin and I will keep searching for new information of the other side” Suho stood up, and Jongin and Baekhyun left the room with him.

“Why did you say to Baek?” Sehun asked with a sassy smile. Chanyeol laughed “I said I´ll ruin you tonight

 

JungSeng Street, restaurant

Kyungsoo arrived to JungSeng Street, there were only two female es on the corner of the street, judging by the appearance and the smell of a life. Kyungsoo kept walking until he saw a small sign with the words “Restaurnt” shining from a purple light, the second “a” was on the floor. Kyungsoo was there, staring and deciding to open the old black door or not. But suddenly, the door opened and three young men walked next to him, the first didn’t look at him, buy Kyungsoo could see how refined this man seemed, the next man had a black hat, and when he passed next to Kyungsoo, he winked and smiled. And the third man, made Kyungsoo feel weird, a warm sense covered his body, the young man looked at him from head to toe, and kept walking. “Such cool men”

 Kyungsoo slide the door. He was surprised, it was a decent restaurant, it wasn´t as bad as he thought, all the furniture was pretty. He went to the end of a hall and he found the stranger of the morning, Chanyeol, and the man caught on the news. “H-Hi” Kyungsoo said a little shy, those men were like two times taller than him. “Welcome Kyungsoo, I am Sehun, and he is Chanyeol, you just met him today. Please close the principal door, and follow us”

Sehun pulled a card form his coat pocket, and put it on a hexagon symbol that was painted on a big door. When the card touched the door´s wood, the color of it changed from brown to silver. “Awesome!” Kyungsoo said, Chanyeol smiled and put an arm over his shoulder “You will have one, but yours will paint it with a different color” Kyungsoo was confused “A different color for me?”

“That’s right, yours might be… green, Chanyeol’s is red” Sehun knew that Kyungsoo didn’t get anything “Don’t worry, come in, we will explain you”

The secret room of the restaurant was amazing, it was bigger than his apartment, in the middle there was a hexagonal table, with six comfortable black chairs, at the right there was a small kitchen, at the left there was a big television and a couch, and in front there were other rooms. “Please sit down” Kyungsoo sat on one of the chairs, Sehun brought some snacks to the table, and they started an unforgettable conversation to Kyungsoo.

“How do we start?” Sehun tell to himself.

“By the beginning… you are not a pure human, Kyungsoo” Chanyeol said in a serious mood. Kyungsoo b8ig eyes opened “What?”

“You jerk” Sehun sighted “What Chanyeol wanted to say is that, you are different from the other people, you have been selected to join us, to our special team, we have born to protect the order of the world and…”

Kyungsoo interrupted him “I don’t have money right” he pulled the coins on the table “I am just and student, but please don’t hurt me, my dad will pay a reward for me, just give me time and… please don’t hurt me” Kyungsoo stared at the both of them “you were the killers of the man that the police found today, right?”

“This guy is ing high, Sehun” Chanyeol laughed.

“Hey, calm down, we didn’t kill anyone, the other side was the responsible of the crime, they mistaken that poor man with you, the truth is that they want to kill you. And now that they know how our sixth looks like, they will chase you. We are going to protect you from now.

“What? What the hell are you talking about? Is this a joke? Who wants to kill me and why? Am I the sixth of what?” Kyungsoo pounded the table. Sehun and Chanyeol looked at each other. “Baek was right, we are a mess to explain” said Chanyeol.