CHAPTER 18 : NO CHOICE

Shadow Defender

 

AMBER POV

Mr. Lee forced me to take the request. I didn’t want Vic getting hurt or anything. My phone rang again.

“Surprised yet?” Mr. Lee was on the phone

“Such a coward. That’s dirty play !” I was so mad at him.

“Hey, chill out. You don’t wanna make me angry. I might do something bad to your friend.”

“Don’t ! I’ll do what you want. Promise me one thing. No one’s get hurt.” I don’t have a choice.

“Deal. Do your thing and don’t try to cheat.” Mr. Lee said and the call ended.

I began to felt frustrated and I cried.  I wished somebody can help me.

---------9.45 A.M.

I decided to go near to the bank to make sure the robbery went on without anyone’s getting hurt. I parked my scooter in a candy shop. From the candy shop, I can clearly see the inside section of the bank. The bank is just across this shop. Oh god, there were so many public citizens inside the bank. I took a seat in the candy shop. The task given to me is to lock up all the doors at 10.00 A.M. Mr. Lee crew were already inside. They were pretending to be the bank’s customer.

It’s 10.00 A.M. ,, let’s move it.

MINHO POV

I accompanied my brother to the bank. Specifically, Seoul Bank. Onew wanted to deposit some money to our parents in the countryside. I hate waiting. I looked at my wrist watch. It’s 10.00 o’clock.

Things were fine when suddenly, all the gates and door in the bank automatically closed. A gunshot was heard.

“Everybody, STAY DOWN OR WE WILL SHOOT YOU” three man wearing black masks suddenly appeared. They were holding guns. I held Onew’s shoulder and pulled him down to the ground.

“Yaaa,,, what happened here?” Onew yelled in nervous.

“Just don’t do anything hyung.” I tried to calm him down.

Everyone laid low on the ground except for the three men. I stared at them when they went to the counter. They didn’t take any money. Instead, they went to a vault and grabbed a small pouch from the vault. Their objective was clear. It’s not money. I can hear police sirens outside. I heard some of the criminal’s conversation.

“Good job, guys. Now, we just need to wait for Sky to open the back door to open.”

Sky? That guy was involved?

After a few minutes, all the gates and door were opened. One of the bad guys kicked my brother intentionally. Then, they ran through the back door. The other hostages were in panic rushing to the gate to escape. I was mad at one of the black masked man for what he did to Onew. So, I followed him to the backdoor and kicked him at the back. Then, I ran into the other side of the bank.  He lifted his gun, aimed at me and said,

“How dare you little brat. Run if you can.” He pulled the trigger.

I thought I was going to die when suddenly a body pushed me away to the ground. We managed to dodge the bullet. The three robber flee from the scene. I turned to see who’s the one saving me, it’s a girl. She wore a cap so I can’t see her face clearly. I was about to say thank you but she got up and ran away from me.

“Wait ... “ But she disappeared before I could utter a word.

AMBER POV

In the midst of the chaos, I saw one of Mr. Lee’s man pointing a gun towards a boy. I ran as fast as I could to the boy and pushed him away and dodged the bullet. I saw the boy’s face. Oh God. It’s Minho. I lowered my cap so he couldn’t recognised me and ran away from the scene.

I grabbed my scooter and while riding, I called Vic using my phone, worried that Mr. Lee might still harm her. Luckily she picked up the phone.

“ Vic! Vic! Where are you right now?” I sounded panic.

“Amber, what’s with the rushed voice? I’m at Seoul’s train station. I went back early.”

“Vic! Wait there, I’m coming ! Watch your surroundings!” I said to her.

I sped up my scooter. I hope I’m not late.

-------------Seoul Train Station

I entered the station and there were so many people. Crowds everywhere. I picked up my phone to call Vic again. I can’t stop worrying. At the same time, I braved through the crowd. Vic was not picking up her phone.

Come on.. Pick up the phone..

Darn. I was about to cry.

Finally, I saw Vic. Luckily, she’s tall and easy to spot. She was lifting her heavy bag. I was a bit relieved. But then, I saw a guy holding a knife near her. I rushed to Vic, hugged her and turned her around so that the guy lost his aim. The guy ran away after seeing me.

Everything was fine.