CHAPTER 19 : EVERYTHING IS OKAY

Shadow Defender

 

VIC POV

I just got out of the train. My vacation finished early because one of my friend fell sick. Aiiishhh.. What a troublesome. Anyway, why did Amber sounds panic during the call? That girl was weird.

My phone kept ringing. But I can’t pick up the call because my hands were busy lifting all my bags. A moment later I saw Amber running to me.

“Yaaa...”

I didn’t manage to finish my sentence when she suddenly hugged me and turned me around.

“Yaaa,, Amber! What are you.....” I heard her sobbings while hugging me. She’s crying? Something’s wrong?

“Amber....”

“I’m so relieved. You are fine.” She said while crying. I was really confused. So, I just hugged her back and patted her head.

“Hey, stop crying. I’m not going anywhere.” I felt like a mother. Now I knew. Amber cares for me.

AMBER POV

I hugged Vic and started crying. Luckily she’s okay. She was very confused and didn’t know what would happen if I didn’t rush to her. She nearly died because of me. I couldn’t stand watching people I love getting hurt.

----------------------At a steamboat restaurant

“Eat all you want. I will pay everything!” Vic was in a good mood. She didn’t realised at all that she might die just now.

“Unnie! You’re the best.” I was so hungry after everything that happened today.

“Anyway, why did you cry just now? Is something bothering you?” Vic asked.

“No. It just that I was glad seeing you. You are my unnie after all.”

“You have grown to a wise girl. I’m so proud of you!” Vic was happy. Well, she’s always happy.

“Vic, I might not always be with you. Please be careful when I’m not around.” I said to her.

“What are you talking about? Stop talking nonsense and eat!”

I smiled to her.

 Well it’s true. We can never predict the future. If one day I’m gone, I hope Vic can take care of herself well.

A while then, I got a call from Mr. Lee.

“Well done, Sky. You were great. We should work together more often.”

“You tried to kill my godmother. I will never forget that.”

I will get my revenge.