001 Falling

A perfect pain-killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her eyes didn’t move away from the sparkling coffee brown eyes that were directly leveled with her eyes. His slender arm straightened a bit and gently touched her forehead. She smiled.

 

“There you are. Good girl, you can go home tomorrow”

 

“Thank you doctor uncle”

 

The doctor smiled with his little patient and moved to the next bed. There was another little butterfly (in his words), with a bandage wrapped around the forearm. He gently pressed the diaphragm of the stethoscope on butterfly’s chest and listened to the heart beet quietly. The butterfly slowly touched the Unicorn tag on the upper pocket hem of white coat. The tag had a title “I’m the healing Unicorn”.

 

“Doc, why is it a Unicorn?”

 

Zhang Yixing, a handsome kind doctor of the pediatric department ruffled the hair of his cute little patient before giving the answer.

 

“Because the legend says unicorns have power of healing rather than other animals.”

 

The kid smiled brightly with his doctor and let the doctor to check his body temperature and the IV.

 

“Be a good boy Woo, I’ll come to see you in tomorrow morning”

 

“Bye Doc”

 

He moved to the next kid. His students were gathering around him to hear a description about the next patient, a kid with digestive problems because of malfunctioning small intestine.

 

 

In everyday morning and evening he had to visit residential patients of his unit. In his words he called them butterflies.

 

Butterflies liked to see the unicorn every day morning. His handsome figure, gentle words, kind hearted touches and all together he was a kind of an angel that kids needed to see every day. They loved him very much.

As a pediatric surgeon Zhang Yixing had a reputed history of his field of work. He was an intelligent character. His skills in his field as a surgeon had the quality which no one could doubt about.

He was the batch top of his university intake and gained the doctorate in a quite younger in his age and he was heading to have the title of professor sooner.

Not only in academics but also Zhang Yixing was a kind of a person who could be recommended to anyone as a friend. He was a cool guy. From the director to the department head, from the Chairman to the janitor of the hospital, everyone loved him.

He was one of unique features of his working place Shingwa University hospital 

But all were standing with curious faces when they got to know that this young handsome doctor is still single.

Yes, he was a single person. In his words he hadn’t time to maintain relationships. His daily routine was something rotating around operating room- children’s’ ward- his cabin. He only spent approximately three hours in his residence.

Even in his day offs’ he never forgot to call to his units and check current conditions. Being surgeon was carved into his bones.

 

“I have to do something for you Xingiia”

 

Moving his eyes away from the flat LCD monitor on the table top Yixing turned back hearing the voice behind him. His eyes were caught by a handsome tall figure stood up near to the door way.

It was Luhan, (his best friend) the person who was sharing happiness, sorrow… everything with him from kindergarten to Shingwa University hospital.

 

“Here, I prepare something good for you. So please arrange your daily schedules according to this Mr. I-have-no-time-for-relationships, without arguing with me. I know Thursday evening is free for you”

 

Placing a piece of crimson color thick cardboard on the table top, Luhan told Yixing while his free arm was rested on Yixing’s shoulder. Yixing took the cardboard creasing his eye brows across his broad forehead which partially covered by his deep brownish maroon hair.

 

“A blind date?’

 

“Yes of course. Go and meet her”

 

“Luhan I…..”

 

“Ah! Ah! No objections please. Xingiia it’s time to take a decision. You paid more than 7 years for butterflies, so I think it’s better if you fix your personal life with a person who can take care about you”

 

“Luhan, I’m a busy man and I really don’t think that I can handle a marital life. In fact nobody will like to share life with a guy who spends only three hours in home, logically”

 

“Logically you are wrong dude. If your logic is true, none of people who works in field like medical, military, political, aviation or whatever they have less than four hours to spend in homes…. Holy ! The planet earth may be covered with single Zombies soon”

 

Smacking on his shoulder Luhan laughed loudly. Yixing knew how strong the statement his friend made is.

 

“But I can’t be sure about myself. Practically I can’t share life with another person”

 

“Are you kidding Xingiia? Hey, I spent more than eight years with you sharing a same room from high-school to university, and even after we got first and second year residential practices. Are you going to explain how you fail in the field of sharing life? Come on. Be a good boy…. I have selected classy outfits to you yesterday evening when I did shopping with Sehunnie. I kept those in your locker. Use them, seduce the girl and cherish the life idiot”

 

Yixing stared at his best friend who was busy finding something in drawers of the cupboard whistling a song. He got a smile on his lips, hearing the whistling song of Luhan.

 

Luhan looked at his best friend Yixing who was shooting a wonderful smile with thousand handsome darts.   

 

“Yah!! Don’t shoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter