Playground Tag ~ Extra

Playground Tag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks to many people requesting and requesting for another part to this fic, I decided to add on another part. However, this will be the final addition. Hope you all enjoy it ^^

One never knew just how hard some tasks could be until you were set to do them. Standing in front of Hyunsik, knees wobbling so much you were quite sure that he was going to notice, the anxiety had wracked your body physically as well as psychologically. That feeling wasn’t something easy to forget it also left a really nasty metallic taste in your mouth that you couldn’t just will away. How to be happy and go on a carefree date with Jimin after that? As much as you wanted to go on a date, as much as you had been wishing and hoping for this moment, a bigger part of you just couldn’t go through with it; at least not today.

Walking away from those slumped in defeat shoulders hurt a lot more than you had anticipated. Guilt was closing in around your heart, like a boulder being rolled on top of it, the pressure gradually increasing. You made a choice and you didn’t regret the choice that you made but that didn’t make you feel any better after seeing all the hurt, sadness, even desperation on Hyunsik’s face. In fact it made you sick to your stomach and rather ashamed of yourself.

To make matters worse, after you had shook your head no to his question about if there was anything he could do to change your mind; he had told you to smile. Trying to smile at that moment was the hardest thing that you could do but when his fingers touched the corner of your lips and pushed them up how could you not keep it even if only for a little bit. A lot was weighing on your mind and you conscious so it was no surprise that when Jimin sidled up to you at the school gate full of smiles that you only gave him a half hearted one back. The boy that had been your sun for so long without even being yours grew more serious. It was a little surprising to you that he recognized so quickly there was something wrong. Sometimes even your closest friends didn’t notice. Smiles could be so deceiving if you wanted them to be.

“Jae Eun-ah, what’s wrong?” Shifting your eyes to the ground, you didn’t say anything not quite sure how to formulate your words. “Is it Hyunsik? Was he mean to you? I can go talk to him if you want. Where is here, I’ll go right now.” Jimin was looking back towards the school just about ready to march off and give the other boy an earful but your hand reached for his wrist. “Hyunsik was much too nice really. I-..Jimin..can we go get ice cream another day?” Slowly, your eyes rose up towards his. As much as the ground was safer and more comfortable you needed him to understand.

Biting his lip, Jimin peeled your fingers off his wrist and held your hand in his. “It bothered you that much, huh?” He muttered to himself and sighed. “We can go another time.” There weren’t any smiles in your eyes and even Jimin couldn’t bring himself to pout like the five year old that he really wanted to be right now. All day he had been looking forward to this date but oddly Hyunsik had stolen this from him as well. “Sorry, Jimin-ah.”

He shook his head and gave you a bright as the sky smile. “Don’t worry about it. I need you smiling when we go out.” Giving your hand a squeeze he let go reluctantly. “You will. Promise,” You added giving him a small hint of a smile, this being one that you meant even if it was on the small side. The two of you walked side by side for awhile in silence, each in your own thoughts. A comfortable silence had always been one that you were fond of. At a stop light, you two reached a fork in the road so to speak. Jimin needed to go to the left and you to the right. You could already see the words forming on his lips but you beat him to the punch. “It’s okay, I can get home by myself.” A slight frown was there and gone in less than a second. Nodding, he waved and asked you to let him know when you arrived home. After assuring him three times that you would do so, the two of you parted.

Solitude. This was really what you were seeking and found it inside your room at home. Mom and dad were both still working. Sometimes being an only child was a perk. Lying on the rug on your floor you laid your head on your arms and sighed. Today had been a lot harder than you had ever imagined and now you felt sorry for two things. One, Hyunsik and two, Jimin. What a loss today was. It wasn’t until your phone buzzed noisily on the hard wood floor that you remembered you were supposed to tell Jimin you had made it h safe. Oops. Picking up the phone you breathed a sigh of relief to see that it was just your friend Jung Eun. Checking up on you. Looks like close friends realized more than you thought they did. Texting a quick response you let her know that you’d be okay after drama binge and maybe some Honey Twists that you had to sneak. You weren’t the only one in the house who liked them. Dad had a soft spot for them and mom would get onto both of you for eating too many at once.

Sliding your finger over the screen you quickly found Jimin’s number and typed him a message. “I got home a little bit ago, safe and sound.” It took you longer than you’d have liked but who knew deciding whether to send an emoji or not could be so difficult. In the end you decided against it and just hit send. The reply was almost instantaneous and made your eyes grow wide. What was that boy doing? Watching his phone waiting for you to reply? Shaking your head, you laughed at your silliness. Of course not, guys didn’t do that kind of thing. He must have just been playing on his phone already or something.

‘Good. Waiting for your smile J’

Maybe I should have sent the emoji, you hummed to yourself. Placing your phone back down, very aware that there already was a smile gracing your face, you slid over to your bed. Laziness ran in your genes, which was why you didn’t actually get up from the floor but tugged a pillow down from there and the television with the remote app you had on your phone. Curling up on the floor was comfortable enough for you, especially with one of your favorite channels having a marathon, perfect for binge-watching. It was good that you had managed to complete your homework at lunch or you’d be in trouble the next morning.

 

The next day at school felt rather odd. Somehow, you had missed Park Jimin in almost all of the spots that you normally saw him in passing. Being late to school even if he had waited at the gate for you he didn’t know when you arrived. The class you had together there was a test so no talking as permitted all of class and truly passing notes wasn’t worth the punishment. There weren’t any warnings in that class. When the bell rang, you were just about to say something to Jimin but the teacher called you. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw him hanging around by the door outside of the class but his friends kept bugging him to leave and you were taking so long even you couldn’t blame him for finally leaving. Lunch wasn’t even an option because neither of you had the same one, you had A and he had B.

By the second half of the day you had given up on trying. If you happened by him then you happened by him. That was how you felt and even Jung Eun was telling you the same thing. Leg bouncing impatiently, the final bell rang and you shot up from your seat, scrapping your thigh as you went. Crying out silently in pain you rubbed your thigh quickly before grabbing your bag and darting out the door. Poor Jung Eun had to jog a little to catch up to you. “Sheesh, Jae Eun-ah, I know you haven’t seen your boyfriend all day but slow down a little.” Pink dusted your cheeks and you smacked her arm. She feigned hurt. “I never said he was my boyfriend. We aren’t- We haven’t..well he asked that just yet now stop it.” Fumbling over your words the two of you walked at a brisk pace to the front of the gates.

Jung Eun was laughing m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter