Sequel!

Spare Tire

WARNING: there is a lot of cursing, sorry

 

 

“Are you ing kidding me right now?!” I almost yelled, making everyone at my table jump. Jungkook even started choking on his drink, and Jimin had to rub his back to help.

“Watch your language kid” Yoongi scolded from across the table.

“I can’t believe you’re doing this to me again!” I groaned putting my face down into my folded arms.

“Doing what again?” Jungkook coughed out, Jimin still rubbing his back.

“He’s the spare tire, or something like that, again. Right Tae?” Hoseok answered for me before I even got the chance to lift my head. I just made a low grumble in agreement for my answer.

We were at the mall this time, because where else is there to go at this point. We decided the food court was as good a place as any to hang out so we got Hot-Dog on a Stick and sat down. I don’t know why I keep agreeing to go out with these people, I mean I know they’re going to be all lovey-dovey, so why do I keep agreeing? I looked up to see Yoongi practically sitting on Hoseok’s lap, gross, and Jimin feeding Jungkook a fry… wait wasn’t he chocking a second ago? I raised an eyebrow at them but they were in in their own little world, same with Yoongi and Hoseok. This is just great. I sighed trying to think of something I could do while I waited for the four of them to remember I was here.

“That’s it!” I said under my breath as I pulled my phone out and started typing.

“Jin” send. “Jin” send “JIIINNN” send. It had been about three weeks’ sense Jin and I had met. We texted everyday but haven’t really had the time to meet up again sense the park. I only had to wait a few moments for a response.

“GIVE ME MORE THAN 1 SECOND TAE” The text read. I chuckled inwardly at his response.

“I can’t” I responded. “I’m the spare tire again I need help”

“lmao I’m third wheeling 2” I got back a minute later.

“ur a slow texter” I grinned knowing why he’s so slow.

“DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO TYPE ON A FLIP PHONE? HUH?” That was the fastest reply I have gotten in my whole time of knowing him. I actually started laughing aloud, having to cover my mouth with my hand to muffle myself. Jimin finally came out of his and Jungkook’s world.

“What’re you laughing at? Are you watching weird or something?” he joked leaning over trying to see my phone. 

“Why would I be watching weird at the mall?” I asked locking my phone so he wouldn’t see that I was texting someone. If he found out there would be endless teasing.

“I don’t know? Why do you always smile lovingly at a one legged pigeon every time we go to the park?” He remarked. I felt my face flush as the others joined into the conversation.

“He does what?” Hoseok gasped.

“Haven’t you guys noticed? Every single time we’re at the park there’s a one legged pigeon and he smiles at it the same way I smile at Kookie!” Jimin exclaimed. Jungkook and Hoseok scrunched their faces in confusion.

“I’ve noticed that too actually but I never thought to address it.” Yoongi nodded his head in agreement with Jimin. I saw concern in Hoseok’s face and Jungkook just looked plain lost.

“I hadn’t noticed at all!” Jungkook said the confusion still evident in his voice.

“Taehyung is there anything you want to tell us?” Hoseok joked “You know we’ll accept you for who you are!”

“Dear lord! Guys no!” I shook my head at them, oh god my face probably looks like a tomato right now.

“Taehyung, be honest” Jimin said in a very serious tone “Did you engage in ual relations with that pigeon?”

“NO I DID NOT A PIGEON! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” I half screamed. Luckily for us it was loud in the food court and only the people at the table next to us seemed to hear. Thankfully they only glanced over for a moment before going back to whatever they were doing. I could feel my phone vibrate every few seconds like I was getting text after text but I didn’t look. Scared that if I did I’d be too distracted by Jin for me to defend myself about the pigeon.

“If you didn’t the pigeon, then why are you being so defensive?” Yoongi observed.

“Why are you guys like this?” I sighed. Maybe I should look at my phone after all, it hasn’t stopped buzzing for like thirty seconds. When I looked they were all from Jin. I had to scroll to get to the first message.

“Tae?” oops, I guess I wasn’t fast enough.

“Kim Taehyung!” I started ignoring what the guys were saying, after all it was all still pigeon talk.

“Are you ignoring me?” I feel a little bad now.

“Tae help me my friends started kissing” I scrunched my face up, I knew what that felt like.

“I’m at the mall right now is there anything you want? I have extra money.” I didn’t pay much attention to this one, though I probably should have.

“Tae seriously are you ignoring me?” I felt really bad then. But instead of doing what a normal person would do and apologize for not responding I did what any 4D alien, such as myself, would do and responded with

“My friends think I have a pigeon now because of you” and put my phone down once I sent the message. When I looked up all four of my friends were looking at me. Which surprised me because I expected them to be making out or something.

“Who were you texting?” Jungkook asked trying to see my phone.

“Nobody.” I said to quickly to not raise suspicion.

.

“Was it the pigeon?” Hoseok chimed in. Everyone erupted into laugher, even me, at that statement.   

“You wish.” I managed through my laugher. “I was just texting my friend is all.” I attempted to explain.

“That’s boring!” Jimin said leaning back in his chair. “WAIT! You don’t have any other friends besides us!” he exclaimed as he sat up straight scaring the rest of us.

“Wow, ok rude.” I said picking my phone back up. “I’ll have you know that I have at least one other friend besides you guys, two if you include Mr. Stubby.”

“Mr. Stubby?” They chorused.

“The pigeon” I stated checking the text I got from Jin. They all started laughing.

“Wtf does that even mean?” It read.

“It means they think I ed a pigeon, .” I mumbled under my breath as I typed the same thing. I heard the others start to laugh louder. “what?” I looked up at them.

“Are you telling your friend about how we’re talking about you ing a pigeon?” Hoseok asked through giggles.

“I’m blaming him for it.” I dead-panned. I saw all of their eye-brows shoot up, except Yoongi’s who only smirked.

“So you’re blaming this ‘friend’ for staring at a pigeon like a love-struck fool?” Yoongi snickered. I realized what this sounded like and my face flushed red again.

“No! It’s not like that!” I said as I shook my head. I heard a chorus of “Oohs” and “awe” and I’m pretty sure that Jimin whistled but I opted to just look at my phone instead of making eye contact. I knew that they weren’t going to take any excuses so I just stayed quiet.

“So, what’s this ‘friend’ like?” Hoseok tried to inquire.

“Yeah! Who caught the eye of our strange little 4D alien?” Jungkook teased.

“I’m older than you, you know!” I stated trying smack the back of his head even though I knew he was too far away. It was useless trying to not tell them now that they knew.

“His name’s Seokjin.” I sighed “I met him at the park the other week when I disappeared for like a half hour.” I stopped talking deciding that was they really needed to know.

“Seokjin…” Yoongi said scrunching his brows together “Why does that name sound familiar?”

“What do you mean?” Hoseok asked steeling a fry from Jungkook’s tray.

“I feel like I know that name for some reason” Yoongi shrugged “whatever, it’s probably not important.”

I figured now would be a good time to change the subject. “So, are we actually gonna buy things or are we going to just sit here and talk about ing one legged birds all day?”

“Yeah I actually need a new pair of headphones” Hoseok agreed with me. Score!

“I need a new toothbrush” Jungkook added

“You know you wouldn’t go through them so quickly if you didn’t use two at a time” I quipped.

“It’s more hygienic” he tried to argue.

“its really not.” I dead panned.

“What are you guys talking about?” Hoseok asked with the most confused look on his face I’ve ever seen on his face.

“Here” Jimin pulled out his phone and showed Hoseok a picture of Jungkook with two tooth brushes in his mouth at ounce “isn’t it cute?” he smiled

“What the ” Wow, Yoongi and Hoseok were really in sync today.

“Anyways, let’s get going then!” Jimin said taking his phone back.

We got up and threw our trash, Hoseok wrapped his arm around Yoongi’s shoulders. Jimin and Jungkook intertwined their figures and started walking. I scrunched my nose at both couples and walked behind them taking my phone out. I took a picture and sent it to Jin with the caption “look at what I have to deal with : (“  

It only took about a thirty seconds to get a response; it was a picture of some guy kissing a girl. His caption just said “same”. I laughed and ended up bumping into Jungkook. I guess I didn’t realize that they stopped walking. They were all grinning at me, and frankly it was a little creepy.

“Are you texting Seokjin?” Jimin sang in a tone that made me want to punch him.

“So what if I am?” I mumbled

“You should pay attention so you don’t get left behind.” Yoongi remarked.

I grabbed Jungkook’s sleeve with one of my hands and looked back down at my phone.

“There now I’ll only get lost if Jungkook gets lost, are you happy now?” I sassed. They all shrugged and started walking again, and I got pulled by Jungkook.

We went on for a few minutes like that, I’d be texting Jin while the rest steered me in the right directions. Yoongi was apparently on his phone as well because next thing I know he’s stopping us.
“Guys hold on.” He says halting our path, and making me look up from my phone. “My friend is here today too, I’m gonna go bother him and his date.” He said with an oddly mischievous smile. And with that he started pulling Hoseok in another direction.

“Well that was something…” Jimin said putting his hand on his hip.

“Yeah I wonder what that was all about?” Jungkook wondered aloud.

“I mean we could have gone with them; it’s not like we really would have minded” I added.  The other two nodded. A couple of minutes later I got I text from Jin that read “Oh great, now I’m a spare tire” I chuckled and put my phone away.

We decided to into a random store and Jimin and I forced Jungkook to try on some of the most ridiculous outfits ever. While we were in the middle of laughing at Jungkook wearing bright yellow skinny jeans and a galaxy hoodie Jungkook looked up outside the store.

“Isn’t that Hoseok?” he asked pointing in the direction he was looking. Jimin and I turned our heads and indeed that was Hoseok. He was doing… something. I honestly don’t even know he was doing but he kept doing it until I saw Yoongi stop him.

“What is happening over there” Jimin asked raising an eye brow. I tried to get a better look by leaning left and right and unintentionally making faces which made Jungkook start to giggle. I saw two guys and a girl with them. The girl was holding hands with one of the guys, and the other guy seemed to be looking at his phone or something and I couldn’t see his face.

“It looks like they’re with three other people” I said “wait no, it looks like the girl’s leaving…” I said as I watched the girl start walking off.

“Maybe we should call the- “Jimin was interrupted by his phone starting to ring. “Hello?” he answered.

“Hey!” I heard Yoongi’s voice come through the phone, when I looked he was indeed on the phone. “Where are you guys? You should come meet my friends.” He sounded happy.

“Yeah we can actually see you right now” Jimin said standing up. I saw Yoongi start looking around, it was kind of funny actually. “We’ll be there in a minute.” Jimin laughed and hung up.

“Give me like two minutes to change!” Jungkook called as he ran into the changing room. I checked my phone.

“oh no there are going to be more people here soon! :(((“ the message read. I sent him a quick “:/” in response just as Jungkook came back out in his normal clothes.  We started walking to where Yoongi, Hoseok and their friends were. I saw one of them was still looking at his phone while the other three were all chatting happily. I felt my phone vibrate a few times but I chose to ignore it until I met Yoongi’s friends, to be polite.  Jimin suddenly stopped Jungkook and I, and put his figure over his lips telling us to shush. Jungkook and I raised an eyebrow but followed instructions anyways. We watched as he ran and jumped onto Hoseok’s back saying something like “Surprise Motherer”. Hoseok screamed, as expected. The other three jumped, the one looking down dropped his… pink flip phone?

“Jin?” I asked with wide eyes. His head snapped in my direction.

“Taehyung?” he responded standing in surprise, almost stepping on his phone in the process.

“Be careful!” I nagged “that’s my only way to contact you!”

He bent down and picked it up and rubbed the back of his neck apologizing awkwardly. Everyone’s eyes were on us, and Yoongi had that stupid smirk on his face again.

“Can somebody explain why nobody’s talking?!” Jimin suddenly exclaimed after a few moments of silence. He was still hanging onto Hoseok’s back. This seemed to snap everyone out of their daze and Yoongi made Jimin get off in a timely fashion, before coughing out an awkward start.

“So” Yoongi addressed “I figured out why the name ‘Seokjin’ sounded familiar…”  he gave us a gummy smile.

“Yoongi…” the guy I had yet to be introduced to sighed.

“Yeah?” Yoongi responded turning his head.

“You’re a ing idiot.” He (and literally everyone else) chuckled at Yoongi’s baffled expression, before turning to Jimin, Jungkook and I and smiling. “I’m Namjoon, by the way.” He beamed holding his hand out for one of us to take.

The three of us smiled back and Jungkook shook his hand first and introduced himself enthusiastically. “Jeon Jungkook nice to meet you!” His enthusiasm made Jimin and I laugh. The kid was just too cute sometimes.

Jimin took his hand next and grinned “Park Jimin, I’m this idiot’s boyfriend.” He added nodding his head towards the still grinning Jungkook. Namjoon nodded his head and laughed slightly.

I took his hand last with a smile “Kim Taehyung” I introduced myself the same way I had when I met Jin.

“OH!” Namjoon blurted out “You’re the guy Jin’s been texting all day!” I chuckled and nodded my head. I looked over to Jin who was looking at his phone, probably to check to make sure it wasn’t broken. “Jin!” Namjoon called startling both Jin and I. “Are you going to introduce yourself or not?”

Jin paused for a moment before smiling that beautiful smile of his.  “I’m Seokjin, nice to meet you guys.”  He waved in his awkwardly handsome way at Jimin and Jungkook, sense everyone else seemed to already know him. Jungkook bounced on his heels smiling at Jin, where Jimin surveyed him from head to toe, nodding slightly to himself. They looked at me and in unison gave me a thumbs up. Namjoon seemed to do the same thing to Jin because we ended up both punching our friends and looking at each other with pink cheeks. Once we made eye connect though, we burst into laughter. I saw Yoongi smirking again but this time I didn’t really care. We spent the rest of the day with the seven of us together, it was actually more fun than expected and we all meshed together quite well. Namjoon was complaining about being the seventh wheel and how he shouldn’t have let his girlfriend go earlier that day, and we all laughed. Jin even sassed him asking ‘how he thought he felt constantly third wheeling’ and I just nodded in understanding.

Truly though, being the third wheel really wasn’t THAT bad. 

 

 

A/N: Here it is! I guess all it took was a random burst of inspiration at 2:30 in the morning and a Jimmy Nutron movie for me to finish this.... Its currently 4:25 in the morning haha.sorry if it though i literally did not even think to edit this and it's too late for me to actually try. The ending is a bit rushed and everything kinda , but its the best i could do lol. again this is based on my real life experiences so its kinda a little weird haha...