Final

Spare Tire

“Don’t look at me like that.” Jimin said poking my pouting face “C’mon Tae, it’s not that bad!”

I crossed my arms and glared at him, jutting my lip out more.

“In our defense we didn’t know Hoseok was going to bring Yoongi with him.” Jungkook attempted.

“I heard that!” Yoongi scowled from next to Hoseok, whom was smiling sheepishly at me.

“Whatever” I sighed laying back using my elbows to support me on the ground behind me, staring at the sky.

This is not the most ideal situation for me. I was invited to the park to hang out with my friends Jimin and Jungkook, who I might add, are dating. I only actually agreed because they said they’d invite Hoseok along too so that I wouldn’t be the third wheel again. But Hoseok ended bringing his boyfriend, Yoongi, along. So, now here I am third wheeling two couples at once. As much as love my friends I hate being with them over half the time because they’re constantly face.

“You don’t have to be so grumpy all the time Taehyung” Yoongi stated matter-of-factly. That got a laugh out of me. The others too apparently, because next thing I know I everyone, except Yoongi, is laughing.

“Is Min Yoongi, the biggest grump I have met in my entire life, telling Kim Taehyung, the 4D alien, to stop being grumpy?” Jungkook asked through giggles.

“I do believe he did Kookie” Hoseok answered trying to stop laughing.

“No, actually he’s right I have been grumpy lately.” I chuckled. “but it’s just cause I’m always the third wheel, actually in this case I’m the spare tire.”

“Spare tire?” they all said in perfect sync, which would have normally impressed me if I was in a better mood.

“Ya know like in a car?” I tried to explain. “There are four tires, that are being driven on, and then a fifth in the truck”

They all still looked confused.

“One” I started, pointing at Jungkook

“two” next to Jimin

“three” I poked Hoseok’s cheek only to have it swatted away by Yoongi.

“four.” I wiggled my figures at Yoongi, getting a raised eye brow from everyone else

“And lastly five” I ended throwing a peace sign covering half my face. “Do you guys get it now? I’m the spare tire to this car, which is why I’m grumpy.”

Everyone made a face of understanding, Jimin even nodded his head a little.  Hoseok on the other hand pulled me into a hug which surprised me but I hugged back anyways because, Ya know, hugs are nice.

“On the bright side though,” I said grinning “I still get more hugs than Yoongi!”

“Yeah? Well I can do this” Yoongi declared as he leaned over and kissed Hoseok on the lips, while I was still hugging Hoseok. I could feel my face change from shock to disgust as I watched a smirking Yoongi lean back in the grass. I let go of Hoseok and immediately turned to Jimin and Jungkook.

“Did you guys jus-“I stopping in the middle of my sentence seeing as the two of them are also kissing.

Great.

“I’ll be back in I little while, I’m going to get a drink” I sighed as I stood up. Not waiting to be acknowledged before I started walking away to find a vending machine or something.

 

It’s been five minutes and I still haven’t found anything. I sat down on the closest bench with a huff. I looked around again just in case I missed one, but sadly there was nothing. I noticed a one legged pigeon, and without thinking I started staring at it. It didn’t move much, but it did stare back which is a little odd but it was distracting me from that traumatizing experience with Yoongi and Hoseok earlier so I didn’t question it much. That is until I heard a voice.

“Uh, hey? You okay man?” The voice wondered awkwardly.

I looked up to see probably the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my life. It took me a few moments to realize he was talking again.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” I asked breaking out of my trance.

“I asked why you were having such a serious a serious staring contest with Mr. Stubby.” He laughed.

“Mr. Stubby?” I chuckled slightly “you mean this pigeon?”

He nodded smiling slightly

“Well yeah,” he started “he’s only got one leg and a stump, so I thought that would be an appropriate name”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that.

“It is fitting” I admitted looking back at Mr. Stubby with a grin. “Do you actually want to know?” I asked suddenly.

“Know what?” he asked confused. Had he really already forgotten his question?

“Why I’m having an intense staring contest with a pigeon” I reminded

He paused for a moment and then grinned at me “Yes, I actually am interested” he beamed.

I gestured for him to sit down next to me, which he complied almost immediately.

“Kim Taehyung” I introduced, holding my hand out with a smile.

“Seokjin.” He greeted, taking my hand in his “Kim Seokjin.”

“Well you see Seokjin,” I began “I’m what some would call a spare tire.”

He raised his eyebrow at me, though I could see that he was amused with the way I started.

“Today I was invited here by some friends of mine, whom are dating” I started to explain the events of my day all the way up until the staring contest with Mr. Stubby, the one legged pigeon.

“Wait, so you’re telling me that your friends kissed, while you were hugging one of them?” he inquired trying to hold his laugh in by cover his mouth with his hand.

“Yes!” I exclaimed. “My face was like two inches away! I am emotionally scarred for the rest of my life Jin, I swear!”

Seokjin burst into laughter. It was a melodious laughter and his face scrunched up in a very unexpectedly pretty way. I almost started laughing myself but I was actually serious for once.

“No, Jin you don’t understand!” I objected “They were like this close to my face” I said leaning in so I was only a few inches away from his face. “This close” I said again for emphasis.

He just started laughing more. “I’m sorry” he giggled “It’s just that that’s so messed up”

“It really is!” I said sitting back into a normal position again

“And I thought I had it bad.” He said finally calming down. “I was third wheeling my friend Namjoon, and they were just making a bunch of inside jokes I wasn’t a part of, so I just walked off. You had it way worse than me” He started laughing again.

Neither of us said anything for a while. Seokjin would randomly burst into giggles sometimes and I would pout at him. But mostly we just sat in silence, it wasn’t uncomfortable like it normally would have been for me sense I’m a very talkative energetic person, or as Jungkook likes to put it “a 4D alien” or something like that.

“Do you think fish get thirsty?” Jin asked out of the blue.

“Excuse me?” I jumped at his sudden stoner question.

“It’s a topic starter.” He responded “Do you think fish get thirsty?”

“I hope not” I said after some thought.

“And why is that?” he asked cocking his head to the side.

“Well they’d have to drink their tank water if they did” I explained “and that tank water is filled with their own poop and such, so I hope that they don’t get thirsty.”

He laughed that melodious laugh again. “Kim Taehyung, you are the only person to ever actually answer that question with an explanation.” He smiled at me. “Most people just say “no what the is wrong with you Jin?” or not even address the question.”

I was about to say something when all of a sudden his phone buzzed. He sighed dejectedly.

“My rides about to leave without me.” He informed “I have to go.” He started to stand before he seemed to realize something “Do you have a phone?” he suddenly asked.

I stared at him dumbly until it registered in my brain what he was asking. “oh… OH Yeah! I do, I do” I stuttered reaching for my phone. Four missed calls… Oops. I gave Seokjin my number and he smiled and told me he’ll text me within the end of the week, and then walked off in the direction I assume he came from. I sighed and called the most recent caller back.

“KIM TAEHYUNG WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!” Jimin yelled as soon as he answered.

“Hello to you too” I jested.

“You have been gone for almost a half hour “looking for a drink” or whatever where are you?!”

“I’m on my way back don’t worry” I chuckled at the worry in his voice. He may make me the third wheel all the time but at least I know he cares. I hung up and jogged my way back to where I left them. Jungkook was the first to notice me when I came into sight

“Tae, where have you been?!” he asked as soon as I was in ear shot.

“Around” I answered as nonchalantly I could with the eating grin on my face. Jungkook wasn’t amused.

“Did you at least find something to drink?” Yoongi interjected

Just as I was about to answer my phone sounded, telling me I had a text. Without thinking I looked at the text from an unknown number.

“what’s up, spare tire? ;)” it read.

My grin grew wider as I answered Yoongi’s question. “Nah, I found something better.” Which only earned me a bunch of questioning looks.

Maybe being the third wheel isn’t so bad after all.

 

 

A/N: ahhh! so yeah here it is! i'm kinda embarrassed posting this... i mean i wrote it all in one sitting lmao. i also only had like one person look it over lmao.