Chapter 19 (A Pact)

Soulmates

  Empty. That was how Myungsoo felt when he woke up the next morning by his alarm clock. Without even looking in the mirror, he could tell that his eyes were swollen. As if the amount of crying he had done before had made it evitable. He sighed and got out of bed, opening his room door. 
  He had expected the morning to go like any of the recent ones. Nod curtly as his parents, shower, leave for school with Moonsoo without so much of a word spoken to his parents. What he was greeted with that morning, however, was the sight of Howon at his dining table, eating breakfast with his parents. 
  "Ah, Myungsoo! Come and have breakfast with us. Howon was so kind to drop by for a surprise breakfast visit. Do walk him to school after you are done, I fear it seems he doesn't know the way back." Myungsoo's mother said sweetly, causing a shiver to run down his spine. He walked mutely towards the table, where he greeted Hoya with a nod of his head and sat down, filling his plate even though he didn't particularly feel like eating. 
  "Howon, what spurred this visit today?" Myungsoo's father asked when he finally looked up from his newspaper. Myungsoo watched as Howon covered his mouth, chewing his food until he could speak. It irked Myungsoo, knowing the action would make his parents think that Howon was courteous and love him even more. 
  "I simply thought it would be nice to walk to school together. I hope that it will help us get to know each other better. One never knows what a morning walk can do." Howon said good naturedly, and Myungsoo's father smiled. 
  "Wise words, young man. Wise words." 
  It took all of Myungsoo not to scream at Howon and demand he started acting like a bastard to change his parents' mind. Now, they looked even more convinced that Howon was especially 'suitable' for their son. 
 
  The air around them was stiff as they made their way to school, Myungsoo and Hoya at the front with Moonsoo trailing behind them. Myungsoo sighed, hands in his pockets. 
  "I don't even know what you have against me." Howon said, and Myungsoo scowled, glaring at the older guy. 
  "What I have against you is that I have a soulmate but am forced to be together with you." Myungsoo snarled. Howon hummed thoughtfully, lips pursed together. 
  "Say, tell me more about your soulmate. It was that boy you introduced me to, right? Sungjong?" Howon questioned. Myungsoo rose an eyebrow, before nodding slightly. 
  "Yeah that's him. He's just- perfect. Much better than you, anyway." Myungsoo murmured, causing Howon to laugh. 
  "Of course, he's your soulmate! Actually, I also have a soulmate too, who's much better than you." Howon teased, and Myungsoo looked up curiously. It never once occurred to Myungsoo that Howon could be facing the same dilemma as he was. 
  "Really?" He asked, and Howon nodded excitedly, face lighting up as he talked. 
  "Yes! He's the most beautiful person on earth, with the sweetest voice and the most melodious laugh. If only I could really be with him." Howon rasped, eyes twinkling. 
  When Myungsoo saw this, he smiled. The way he described his soulmate was the exact way he himself would describe Sungjong. 
  "-that's why I propose we find a way to break out of this situation we are in." Howon finished, and Myungsoo's eyes widened. 
  "Get out of the marriage? Is that even possible?!" He exclaimed. Howon shrugged, grip on his bag tightening. 
  "I don't know, but we won't know if we don't try." Howon said. Myungsoo nodded, stuffing his hands further into his pockets. Breaking out of the marriage, it would take something huge to convince his parents, and he had no idea what was even considered huge to his parents. 
  "Well, let's at least try." Myungsoo concluded, and Hoya smiled at him in such a manner that made Myungsoo think that the older must really love his soulmate. What he didn't know was that the smile on Hoya's face was disguising his evil smirk within. 

  Sungjong laid in the hospital bed, sighing slowly. Seonkyu had left for school, and Sungjong wasn't allowed out of the hospital yet. 
  He flipped through the channels lazily, and glanced at his phone when it lighted up. He placed the remote control down, and picked up his phone, thinking it would be a message from Seonkyu. 
  What he didn't expect was to see a message by an unknown number. He wondered who it could be, until he read the message. 
  'Hello, my little toy. How are you feeling today?'

  Sungjong threw the phone across the room, tears forming in his eyes as he clutched his head, heaving. There was only one person who called him that. 
  Only one person capable of making fear rush through him in the way it did right now. 
  Only one. 
  He barely registered the doctors and nurses rushing into his room, barely felt the prick in his arm. He welcomed the darkness that washed over him, praying that when he woke up, everything would be a horrible dream. 
  And that he would still be waitin for Myungsoo and Moonsoo to come over for chicken. 

  Moonsoo watched as Seonkyu pursed his lips, phone held up. 
  "Ah, I see. Thank you for informing me." Seonkyu murmured, before letting his hand fall to his side, phone clenched tightly. 
  "What happened?" Moonsoo asked as he hugged Seonkyu. Seonkyu sighed, leaning into Moonsoo's embrace. 
  "It was the hospital. Hyung had another attack." Seonkyu said. Moonsoo bit his lip, tightening his hold on the younger. 
  "I'm sorry." He whispered. Seonkyu shook his head. It wasn't Moonsoo's fault. It was his parents'. 
  Moonsoo's heart broke when he saw tears running down his Soulmate's face, heart breaking at the sight before him. 
  He thought back to Myungsoo's and Howon's conversation earlier that morning, and could only hope they figured something out fast. 

A/N: Sorry for this crappy chapterㅠㅠ I'm kinda in a slump with my writin skills, and feel that this is less than satisfactory. Do let me know what you think.