Chapter 18 (Last Thing I Get)

Soulmates

  Nothing could be heard except the clinking of cutlery against bowls. The atmosphere that hung over them was gloomy, and Moonsoo shifted a little in his seat, bringing a mouthful of steak to his mouth and chewing it. 
  "So, how was school today?" His mother asked, taking a sip of her wine. It was a family dinner. Yet, it felt like a dinner meant for business proposals and formal talk. Moonsoo never saw anything wrong with it before. But now, all he could think about was how great it would be if he could dirty his hands while eating chicken on the floor in front of the television. 
  "It was alright." Myungsoo replied after a tense silence. Moonsoo eyed their mother as she raised both eyebrows slightly, placing the cup down meticulously. 
  "Is that so? How about you, Moonsoo?" She asked sweetly. Moonsoo swallowed the food in his mouth, clearing his throat subtly. 
  "It was okay, nothing out of the ordinary." He replied in as light of a tone he could master. His mother nodded his head, smiling. 
  "I assume that you both scored fabulously for your recent test?" She asked. They both murmured a 'yes', causing her to smile. Moonsoo scowled slightly. Now that he could see her mother in a new light, her kind, loving image was gone. In its place, was a witch who didn't care about her sons, only cared about what she could boast about them. 
  "Myungsoo, I assume you're getting along well with Howon?" His father asked, speaking for the first time since they had settled down. Myungsoo's hands stopped, causing both adults to stare at him. Then, slowly, he nodded. 
  "Yes. We have become acquainted." Myungsoo said, going back to cutting his stick. Moonsoo gulped, staring down desperately at his plate. 
  "Acquainted? Well, I guess that is better than nothing. And that Sungjong kid knows that you want nothing to do with him?" His mother asked, a tiny smirk on her lips. God, was she sadistic, Moonsoo thought. 
  "Yes, he thinks that way." Myungsoo rasped out, hands shaking. Both parents nodded their heads, not even glancing up when Myungsoo stood from his place, walking towards his room and slamming the door shut. Moonsoo looked up, feeling his heart twist with the smiles on his parents' face. How heartless. 
  "I can't believe the both of you." Moonsoo spat out, he too standing from his chair. But unlike how they were with Myungsoo, they stopped him. 
  "Moonsoo, where are you going? Sit down and finish your food." His mother said in the motherly voice she now only used on him. Moonsoo was so confused, what in the world was happening? 
  "No! I refuse to sit with the both of you! You can't act like monsters to Hyung and try to be nice to me it- It's doesn't make sense! I'm so confused. You act like sadistic bastards to him and yet here you are trying to act like the fake parents you've always been!" Moonsoo screamed, tears forming in his eyes. He hated this. His family was falling apart because he had slipped that Myungsoo had a soulmate. His life was falling apart because of the guilt eating him inside out. 
  "Moonsoo, you have no reason to complain. We are letting you date your soulmate. The only one not allowed to is your older brother. It does not concern you in the least. And please, we have not been acting to be your parents. We have all the while been wonderful ones." His father retorted, and Moonsoo had never felt like smashing someone's face into the wall so much before. 
  "No, I have a reason to complain! I can complain because my brother is suffering, I can complain because he isn't the same, and I can complain because you guys are cocky bastards who think that you guys are wonderful parents even though you are tearing Myungsoo-Hyung apart! I can complain because I don't know who you both are anymore!" He screamed, the tears finally pouring over. He watched the shock register on his parents' faces, before letting his hand come up to his face, hiding it from them. He watched as his mother stood slowly from her seat, worry plastered all over her face. 
  "Moonsoo-ah..." She called, walking towards him. She looked as if she had been slapped in the face when Moonsoo took a step back. 
  "Sooyoung-sshi, Jaebum-sshi, I sincerely hope you stop all this nonsense." Moonsoo hissed, walking towards Myungsoo's room and letting himself in. Once the door was closed, he fell to the floor, sobs wrecking his body. 
  "Moonsoo?" He heard Myungsoo's own hoarse voice asked as arms encircled him. He leaned into Myungsoo's arms, crying. He just didn't know what was happening anymore. 

  Sungjong groaned when he felt someone poking him, and swatted the hand away, turning around in the bed. 
  "Hyuuuung." He heard Seonkyu whine and groaned, opening his eyes and staring blearily up at his younger brother. 
  "What is it?" He asked, looking around before remembering he was in the hospital. Seonkyu held up the phone.
  "Mom and Dad called and asked how you were. I told them, by the way." He said sheepishly. Sungjong frowned, taking the phone and pressing ait to his ear. 
  "Mr and Mrs Kim?" He asked. He heard hurried whispers from the other hand. 
  "Sungjong! Are you okay? We heard you fainted from fatigue. Is the school work too intense?" Mrs Kim asked. Sungjong threw a grateful glance towards Seonkyu, who held his hand up in a piece sign. 
  "No, I'm fine! Just couldn't sleep properly, the neighbours were noisy at night." He said. He wasn't completely lying. While it was true that the neighbours upstairs were noisy -having - all the time, he managed to sleep though it. 
  "Ah I see. Don't hesitate to buy earplugs if you need them, okay? Our trip is extended because of some stuff, we may only be back in two months, help me tell Seonkyu please! I have to go now, and Dad says hi to you!" She said. Sungjong was shocked. Dad? Was that a hint that she wanted him to be comfortable with them? 
  "Tell him I say hi too. Bye Mom." He said quickly, hanging up. 
  "Already calling them by Mom and Dad?" Seonkyu asked excitedly, a big smile on his face. Sungjong smiled. He really did have a family. One that cared enough to check on him when he was sick. Maybe he could get through this. 
  How wrong he was. 

  In his room, Howon smirked to himself, head placed on top of laced fingers. 
  "You're mine, Lee Sungjong." He said, unlacing his fingers and plucking the picture off his wall. He traced it lightly with his finger, chuckling to himself. 
  "I'm going to get you, break you, and make you mind." He whispered to the picture, as if it was actually Sungjong. And then, the smile was wiped off his face in an instant as he ripped the picture in half, throwing it into the bin. 
  He was going to have Sungjong, if it's the last thing he ever gets. 

A/N: Sorry if this chapter was confusing AHAH hope you enjoyed it and do let me know what you think of it!