Military Speech

TWICE's Dorm Life

A/N: I know this was marked as a one-shot but I came up with this little idea that I thought matched the general atmosphere of 'Are You Sulking?' so I thought I'd just throw this in here with it. As, you may see, I have changed the title to 'TWICE's Dorm Life' as well because it's all set in the dorm and I just thought that maybe whenever a random scenario pops into my head I'll just put it here. So, yeah... enjoy :) P.S. this chapter is more NaTzu ;)

 

 

~

 

 

It was no surprise that the drama lovers of TWICE Im Nayeon, Son Chaeyoung and Park Jihyo would become overly invested once Descendants of the Sun finally aired it’s first few episodes. The other members were often forced to watch it with them and the only member who ever managed to run away from this ritual was Myoui Mina – who would simply shut herself in her room and play games on the computer.

 

“Oh my god!” Nayeon exclaimed as she watched Song Joongki’s character approach the female protagonist with his military style way of speaking. The three-said drama addicts of the group were absolutely in love with the military’s required way of speaking. None of them could ever get over it and would often imitate it or wish that someone spoke to them in the same manner.

 

Chaeyoung who often had her emotions under check also had a fan girl moment as she watched the scene unfold on the screen, “Ah… the soldiers sound so cool.”

 

“I know right?” Nayeon chimes energetically, flailing around on the sofa unable to contain her emotions suppressed.

 

This whole time Dahyun had been watching with Tzuyu next to her by the edge of the couch quietly, observing the reactions of the members and also keeping an eye on what was going on in the drama. Honestly, she felt apathetic towards the drama. Sure, there were moments that would make her heart race but overall it was just like any other romantic drama out there in the market. Dahyun glanced over at Tzuyu who, would at first seem to be really concentrated, but upon closer inspection the maknae had simply zoned out at the screen.

 

“I’m going to get some snacks” Dahyun spoke up as she pushed herself off the couch, “Do you want any?”

 

There was a moment of silence as all three heads turned to stare at Dahyun who was now standing and looking back down at the excited three confused, “What is it?” she asked.

 

“Oh my god…” Jihyo breathed out as she looked at Dahyun with wide eyes.

 

Dahyun wasn’t sure what the situation was and how it turned out this way but she really hoped they’d stop staring and just tell her whether they wanted some snacks or not. “So… do you want snacks?” she asked again. The three still didn’t give her a response, “What is it?” she asked again, this time in sync with a line in the drama and then it hit her. She still spoke the way she did back when she filmed Real Man. The habit had never broken and she spoke exactly like Song Joongki’s character in the drama.

 

“You sound so hot…” Nayeon whispered unable to refrain herself from making the comment.

 

There was no better reaction to her revelation than a sigh, “Do you want snacks or not?” Dahyun had decided to ignore Nayeon’s comment and proceeded with her mission to get snacks.

 

“Of course” Nayeon finally answered the original question, “I’d love to gets snacks from a soldier” she jokingly flirted with a wink.

 

Dahyun sighed at the oldest and glanced over at Chaeyoung, who clearly was no pleased with the situation. Chaeyoung shot her a glare and turned away to return to the TV screen. It wasn’t like Dahyun told Nayeon to be so flirty, if only that rabbit unnie of theirs would have better self-control sometimes. “I’m not a soldier anymore” Dahyun muttered before turning around to head for the kitchen but was stopped once again. She mentally slapped herself for letting her habit slip again.

 

“Okay stop right there” Nayeon said as she spun around, “This is a recorded episode right?”

 

Jihyo nodded, “Yep.”

 

“Switch it off” Nayeon ordered as she stood up, “This one here is making it hard for me to concentrate.”

 

Chaeyoung immediately jumped up upon seeing Nayeon’s actions, “Unnie what are you doing?”

 

Tzuyu had finally snapped out of her daze and looked over at what was happening with Dahyun and Nayeon. She frowned at the sight but didn’t speak up. It was never her ‘style’ to be loud about her dissatisfactions.

 

“It’s not fair that you managed to get a soldier girlfriend,” Nayeon said as she walked over to Dahyun.

 

Dahyun glanced over at the only person that could help her, their wonderful maknae Tzuyu. The girl was still seated on the couch and slowly stood up after catching Dahyun’s eyes. The tall maknae walked over and stood beside Nayeon looking down on the girl, “What are you doing right now?” she asked in a low voice, mimicking military speech perfectly.

 

This was it, Dahyun celebrated inwardly. She knew she could trust Tzuyu to handle Nayeon with ease. If there was one thing Tzuyu was a master at it would’ve been charming Nayeon, sometimes without even realizing it – maybe that’s why Nayeon ended up falling for the younger girl.

 

“I’m going to get the snacks now…” Dahyun announced softly before scurrying off the kitchen, and of course Chaeyoung followed.

 

“Unnie, you need to learn to stand up to Nayeon unnie,” Chaeyoung lectured with a pout.

 

Dahyun let out a chuckle, “She didn’t mean any harm. She has Tzuyu anyway.”

 

“You can’t always rely on Tzuyu” Chaeyoung reasoned, “What if you two were alone somewhere during a schedule or backstage or something?”

 

“Yah… don’t worry, I won’t let her do anything. She’s scared of Tzuyu the most” Dahyun assured.

 

“Okay then…” Chaeyoung whispered as she walked over and hugged Dahyun’s arm, “I’ll trust you.”

 

 

~

 

 

“Wow… Tzuyu say it again,” Nayeon said snuggling up to the younger girl, who had retreated back to the comfort of their couch. Tzuyu’s imitation of the military speech took Nayeon by surprise and completely wooed her. She could listen to Tzuyu speak like that all day everyday.

 

“What?” Tzuyu replied not even sparing the older girl a glance. She had switched the TV back on and expected Nayeon to continue fan girl-ing away at the drama but she didn’t. Nayeon had decided to stick to Tzuyu instead.

 

“Yah… stop pretending you don’t know” Nayeon said in her whiny tone, which Tzuyu actually found quite adorable.

 

“Yoda-yah, come here if she’s bothering you” Jihyo said from the floor, her eyes glued to the screen.

 

Tzuyu shook her head, “No. Thomas, you come sit between us.”

 

Jihyo shrugged and made her way to the couch, squeezing herself between Nayeon and Tzuyu – it required a lot more strength than she had originally anticipated. It didn’t take even a second before Nayeon started trying to forcefully shove Jihyo off, but the leader stayed strong and decided not to go away until Tzuyu said it was okay. But then this whole situation just reminded Jihyo how influential Tzuyu really was in the group. Their maknae really was ‘the boss’.

 

“Are you mad at me because I was flirting with Dahyun just now?” Nayeon finally thought about it for a second and came to a conclusion of some sort. “You know I was just playing around…” she said, reaching over.

 

“Yeah, says the person who wanted to shower with Jungyeon as well” Jihyo interjected.

 

Nayeon shot the leader a glare and elbowed the girl in the side, “Shut up” she hissed.

 

“I got the snacks” Dahyun entered soon with some packets of chips and some drinks. Chaeyoung helped because it wasn’t physically possible for Dahyun to carry everything alone. The two placed everything onto the foldable table that had been placed in front of the couch and sat down on the floor together.

 

“Yay snacks!” Nayeon exclaimed as Dahyun’s entrance with food distracted her.

 

“Oh my god, why are you so loud Nayeon unnie?” Jungyeon waltzed out of her room with Momo tagging behind; chewing on whatever exotic snack she had managed to find this time. “Tzuyu-yah, please control that obnoxious girlfriend of yours” she said looking at the youngest. “Wait, why are you third wheeling Jihyo?” Jungyeon asked confused, “Do you want Nayeon unnie to murder you in your sleep?”

 

“Please, do you think I want to be here?”

 

“Omo, why? Did Nayeon mess up?”

 

Momo hurriedly swallowed her food, “Unnie flirts too much that’s why” she joined.

 

“Yah! You flirt too!” Nayeon shot back at the blonde.  

 

“Well, I get it. Dahyun unnie is irresistible after all” Chaeyoung bragged.

 

“Speak no more” Jungyeon interrupted, “I don’t want to hear why.”

 

“What? Have you even seen Tzuyu’s body?” Nayeon argued back.

 

Tzuyu shot her eyes away from the TV and looked at Nayeon, “What are you saying?”

 

“Oh my god, unnie… she’s underage…” Jihyo gasped in horror as she glanced over at Nayeon.

 

Nayeon cleared , “Yah… it’s not like that. I mean you know, when we shower together and stuff… It’s not like you guys don’t,” she said pointing at Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

 

Dahyun shook her head, “We don’t.”

 

“Stop lying, you gave Jungyeon a heart attack because you did! You guys even bathe!” Nayeon argued, “And stop speaking like that!”

 

“It’s a hard habit to break” Dahyun reasoned calmly.

 

“You’re habit is too y, so you need to stop” Nayeon repeated from previously.

 

“What did you just say?” Chaeyoung and Tzuyu asked simultaneously.

 

“You need stop digging your own grave” Jihyo whispered from the side.

 

Jungyeon sighed, “Okay… what song do you want me to play at your funeral unnie?”

 

Nayeon sighed, “Dahyun help.”

 

Dahyun shrugged, “I don’t know how…”

 

Jungyeon ushered Momo to go back into their room, “This is getting messy. Let’s leave.”

 

Momo nodded, “Okie.”

 

“Just keep her quiet okay Tzuyu?” Jungyeon said before closing the door behind her.

 

Tzuyu glanced at the clock the moment the Jungyeon and Momo had disappeared behind the door of their room. She stood up, “It’s time for me to sleep.”

 

“What? It’s still early” Nayeon jumped up too, “You don’t usually sleep until later.”

 

“I’m tired.”

 

“Yeah, tired of Nayeon unnie” Jihyo interrupted again.

 

“I swear to god Jihyo…” Nayeon muttered under her breath, “Tzuyu I didn’t mean it to come off like that seriously…”

 

Tzuyu smiled, “I’m not mad unnie.”

 

“Really?”

 

The younger member nodded, “But let me make one thing clear…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Stop flirting with others” Tzuyu stated, “I don’t like it.”

 

Nayeon felt her cheeks heat up at Tzuyu’s forwardness, “Sorry…” she whispered, as she looked down at her feet.

 

“Ohhhh, sang-namja Tzuyu~~~” the others cheered in the back.