Are You Sulking?

TWICE's Dorm Life

A/N: For the friends out there who knows wassup, I tried to include everything but certain parts got a bit... you know haha. Anyway, I hope it turned out okay~

~

Apart from food and sleep, showers played a major role in the lives of TWICE members and affected the group dynamic on a daily basis. It’s just as Nayeon would say, they felt the closest when they shower together. The members enjoyed each other’s company and none of them were particularly shy, hence showering together were a given the moment they moved into a dorm together. Soon, certain patterns began to surface and so did suspicions, specifically Jungyeon’s suspicions about Chaeyoung’s changing attitudes towards showering together.

 

Yoo Jungyeon stared at the second youngest of the group and tried her hardest to figure out what had gone wrong. Jungyeon had loved been shower buddies with Son Chaeyoung but the younger had been rejecting her. It didn’t make sense. She was certain that Chaeyoung didn’t have anything against showering with her. Chaeyoung had never complained about her showering habit either, making Jungyeon wonder why the rejection. Today was the day she wanted to solve this issue. Jungyeon had decided to observe the girl with her utmost concentration. It was serious business.

 

“Are you still sulking?” Im Nayeon asked as she plopped onto the sofa next to Jungyeon. It was obvious that Jungyeon had been sad lately because Chaeyoung wouldn’t shower with her and, honestly, she found it hilarious. “She’s probably just sick of you,” she said as she turned her gaze towards Chaeyoung, who was happily chatting away with Dahyun in front of the T.V.

 

Jungyeon turned to look at her good friend, since the trainee days, with sad eyes and a frown. “Why would she be sick of me? I treat her so well” she really was heartbroken at this point. The thought of Nayeon’s comment being correct shattered her.

 

The urge to burst out into laughter was killing her but she had to maintain herself, “I’ll shower with you” Nayeon offered with a smirk.

 

Jungyeon shook her head, “No. I don’t want you” she shot back. Her eyes were still stuck on Chaeyoung. The girl seemed to enjoy Dahyun’s company an awful lot lately and Jungyeon couldn’t help but question it. The two had always been close, even before they debuted but it felt different. Their closeness now just seems a bit different than before and she couldn’t figure out what it was. She swore it was the reason that Chaeyoung would reject her nowadays though.

 

Nayeon smiled knowingly, “Look at them, they don’t even realize we're here.”

 

“Shut up” Jungyeon hissed, as she tried to listen in on the whispers and giggles. It was starting to become awfully flirtatious.

 

“Are you serious?” Nayeon rolled her eyes, “You know you can always just shower with Momo right?”

 

Jungyeon didn’t respond as she processed what Nayeon had just said. She turned to look at the girl with the most serious expression she had ever pulled off in her life, “It’s different. Chaeyoung not showering with me is like watching my child grow up, it’s very bittersweet.”

 

“Oh, unnie, you were here this whole time?”

 

Chaeyoung’s voice spun Jungyeon around instantly. Nayeon was right; they didn’t even realize they were there this whole time. Dahyun turned to look at them too. Jungyeon had no words to say at this point. She simply stared at the two. It was like looking at a photo. Dahyun had her hand rested on Chaeyoung’s thigh, palm up, as Chaeyoung’s hand was resting on top.

 

“Unnie?” Chaeyoung wasn’t sure why Jungyeon was frozen and why Nayeon had a weird smile smudged on her face. She turned to look at Dahyun to see if she could get an answer from her. Dahyun simply shrugged back at her.

 

“Dahyun-ah, can you come help me get groceries?” a cute voice interrupted their moment of silence.

 

Dahyun turned back to see Sana, “Oh sure.” She gave Chaeyoung a smile and gave a peck on the lips before standing up to go to the supermarket with Sana. “Mina-unnie isn’t coming?” Dahyun asked as the two walked towards the apartment door. Mina would normally join them.

 

Sana shook her head, “She’s still sleeping so I decided not to bother her.”

 

Dahyun nodded as she slipped on her runners. She turned back, “Bye Chaeng” she said with a wave.

 

Chaeyoung waved back with a smile before watching the door close as the two left. She stood up as well and walked over to Jungyeon and Nayeon. “Why are you so quiet?” she asked as she looked at Jungyeon who was still, somewhat, frozen.

 

Nayeon simply chuckled as she stood up and gave her spot to Chaeyoung, “Well I’ll go check up on Tzuyu. She should be up by now.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded as she sat with Jungyeon alone in the living room. “Uh… unnie? You’ve been staring at that spot for ages now” she said, referring to where she had been sitting with Dahyun on the floor. “Are you okay?” she had never seen Jungyeon still spaced out before. It’s normally Tzuyu who zones out.

 

Jungyeon felt that it was only appropriate to discuss her concerns with the younger member. She wasn’t sure what to think even after witnessing what Dahyun just did, “You’ve been flirting with Dahyun a lot lately?”

 

Chaeyoung was taken aback for sure, “W-what?” she was taken aback that Jungyeon turned a statement into a question.

 

“I realized that you and Dahyun had gotten considerably closer ever since you started to reject showering with me” Jungyeon explained her observations and definitely expected an explanation from Chaeyoung.

 

“Are you sulking?” Chaeyoung asked, exactly like the way Nayeon asked.

 

Jungyeon gave Chaeyoung an expression of disbelief, “What? Why would I sulk?”

 

Chaeyoung laughed, “You’re sulking!”

 

“I’m going to confront Dahyun later then!” Jungyeon said as she stood up and left for her room.

 

“What? Wait!”

 

 

 

~

 

 

“Dahyun sit down,” Jungyeon ordered.

 

Kim Dahyun, who had just come back from a peaceful shopping session with Sana, could not be any more confused as she took a sat on the sofa. She looked up at Jungyeon who gave a stern look. Dahyun thought back to all the things she did that could’ve brought upon this situation. Nothing really came to mind, so her confusion only got worse.

 

“What have you been doing with my Chaeng lately?”

 

Dahyun blinked. What did she just hear Jungyeon ask? Her confusion just shot through the roof, “What do you mean?” she asked carefully back.

 

“Ever since you came into the picture, she stopped showering with me.”

 

Dahyun tilted her head, “Are… you sulking?”

 

Jungyeon, at this point, was sick of this question, “Why is everyone asking me that? I’m not!”

 

The younger girl nodded slowly, “Oh, okay…”

 

“Why are you shouting unnie?” Chaeyoung walked out and saw Dahyun seated on the sofa with Jungyeon towering over her. She rushed over to Dahyun, “What are you doing?” she asked as she looked at Jungyeon.

 

Jungyeon narrowed her eyes at the two “See? What is this?”

 

“What is what?” Dahyun asked.

 

“This!” Jungyeon yelled as she pointed at the two, “What are you two?”

 

“Is this about me not showering with you again?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“No!” Jungyeon shot back, “Well… yes, but… NO.”

 

“Can you stop shouting?” an annoyed Nayeon walked out with Tzuyu behind her. “You’re bothering us,” she complained.

 

“Well, aren’t you lucky. Tzuyu would never leave you” Jungyeon looked over to the two.

 

“Oh my god, are you jealous?” Dahyun asked.

 

“Jealous of what?”

 

“That Chaeyoung is showering with me” Dahyun finally answered the question that Jungyeon had wanted answered.

 

Jungyeon looked at the two full of surprise, “You’ve been showering with Dahyun this whole time?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “Yeah I thought you knew.”

 

“What? No…”

 

Nayeon sighed, “You’re always so slow. They’re dating, like what the hell Jungyeon? Dahyun kissed her right before your eyes.”

 

Jungyeon shot the two another face full of surprise, “YOU’RE DATING DAHYUN?”

 

“Yeah…” the two nodded.

 

“Son Chaeyoung, why was I not the first person to know this?”

 

Chaeyoung shrugged, “I thought you knew.”

 

“How am I supposed to know if you don’t tell me?”

 

“I didn’t tell anyone else either though…” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Dahyun kissed her in front of you!” Nayeon repeated.  

 

“Close friends kiss each other too okay!” Jungyeon argued back, “We’ve kissed before!”

 

Tzuyu gave Nayeon a little pout, “Really unnie?”

 

Nayeon turned to Tzuyu, “No, of course not.” She turned back to Jungyeon, “Why the hell did you say that?” she hissed.

 

“MOMO!” Jungyeon called immediately, ignoring Nayeon. She didn’t have time to deal with Nayeon at the moment.

 

“What?” Momo dragged herself out of her room.

 

“Did you know that our Chaeng started dating Dahyun?” Jungyeon asked.

 

Momo nodded, “Yeah.”

 

“Was I the only one?”

 

Nayeon took Tzuyu by the hand, “We’re going back inside while you digest your discovery.” Tzuyu nodded and started to go back into her room with Nayeon until a voice interrupted them.

 

“I’m not sure about that Tzuyu, Nayeon-unnie was down to shower with Jungyeon like an hour ago.”

 

Nayeon froze and turned to see Jihyo, with her head sticking out of their room, “You’re so dead” she hissed.

 

“Do you like Jungyeon-unnie more than me?” Tzuyu asked quietly.

 

“No” Nayeon said firmly before glaring at Jihyo, “I’ll sort you out before I go sort Jungyeon out.”

 

“GUYS DON’T LEAVE!” Jungyeon called from the living room, “WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT MY CHILD GROWING UP!”

 

“Hey, wanna bath together tonight too?” Dahyun asked amidst all the commotion as she intertwined her fingers with Chaeyoung’s.

 

Chaeyoung nodded with a big grin, “Sure.”