Back in the hospital

No longer needed


Seunghyun watched as the doctors cut away the dead flesh and struggled with his vitals at the same time. He shuddered and turned away at the sight which reminded him all too clearly of his own charred body. He was unsure if he even wants to live in that body. Seunghyun sighed and left the emergency room to his broken family. Jiyong  and Youngbae were called up when they could not contact Grandfather and big Seunghyun. Youngbae was howling and clutching his heart at the news of his dead maknae and dying dongsaeng. 
"Bae hyung! Daesung hyung would be alright! I just checked on him. The doctors are doing their best. I am fine. I am not in pain anymore. I don't even remember what pain feels like. Really. So don't blame yourself. It was no one's fault." Seunghyun moved over to Youngbae to comfort him.  
Jiyong on the other hand was eerily emotionless. There was just no reaction and that frightened Seunghyun. He knelt down in front of Jiyong and looked into the dead eyes that portrayed no emotions at all. 
"Ji hyung. Snap out of it. Don't be like this. Cry, be mad at me for leaving you guys. Please...don't...don't be like this. I don't like it! Hyung don't ignore me. I am here in front of you. I am scared hyung. No one can see me. No one can hear me. I am a ghost now...but i am scared of ghost. Tell me everything would be okay. Promise to protect me like you always do. Tell me you love me. Hyunnie is scared!" Seunghyun broke down in front of his soulless favourite hyung. He was overwelmed by everything and was extremely afraid of the unknown situation. 
Grandfather and big seunghyun arrived just as Daesung was wheeled out of the emergency room. They rushed to the doctor anxiously asking about Daesung's condition. 
"His condition was stabilised. His throat was burnt badly and would take a while before he can speak and ingest food. The burns on his limbs are thankfully skin deeped. The nerves are not damaged. So it would recover in a few months."
They thanked the doctor and smiled in relief until a monotonous voice wiped them out instantly. "Seunghyun, where's Lee Seunghyun. I want to see my maknae. " Jiyong asked robotically. Seunghyun winced at the request knowing how gruesome it looks like. The doctor nodded and brought them to the morgue.
"Please be mentally prepared. Lee Seunghyun suffered from severe burns over 98% of his body. You might not be able to recognise him." the doctor warned before opening the doors.
 Big Seunghyun and Youngbae choked at a glipmse of their maknae before excusing themselves from the morgue to empty the content in their stomach. Jiyong and Grandfather however walked calmly towards the charred body of their beloved maknae. 

"Ri ah, Ji hyung is here. Don't be afraid anymore. Hyung is here. You must have been so frightened. Hyung is sorry for not being there to save you. Forgive hyung." Jiyong looked lovingly at the unrecognizable charred face. But Jiyong would recognise his maknae no matter what. "Are you still in pain? This place is too cold. You always hated the cold." Jiyong carressed Seunghyun's cold and rough face, tears trickling down his cheeks. "Hyung will get you out of here soon. So bear with it ne?" 
Seunghyun stood opposite of Jiyong. He refused to look at his own body, focusing on his favourite hyung. There was so much love and grief in his eyes. He could pretend to be strong but Seunghyun could see his soul through his eyes like how he did years ago. The withering soul that scares Seunghyun more than the fire. 

"My baby! How can you leave before your Grandpa? How can you let me send you off like this? My baby Ri! Why?!" Grandfather clung over Seunghyun regardless of the state of his body. His baby boy...this was his baby boy. 

"Grandpa, Ji hyung. Let's leave this room ne? I don't like this place. I don't like to see you crying over that body. I never wanted anyone to see this. Damn that doctor. He should have refused! " Seunghyun begged but as expected, no one heard him. So he stood quietly by their side until the doctor chased them out. 
Seunghyun looked sadly at his crying and grieving family. He hated the fact that he was the cause of those tears and cries. He was supposed to be their happy pill but he could no longer do so. Because he was invisible to the world...to his family. 
So he did the only thing he could do...stay and watch over them. 
Time...all they need now is time. Time to get over him.