- Falling backwards 2°

Arc en ciel.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin doesn’t understand how it happened or how it even started if he had to be honest; from not knowing their neighbor at all to basically living at his apartment 24/7. He was blaming his younger brother for it, because it was his fault that he was forced to take the green eyed child for his father that day. It was his fault that Jongin was forced to greet the Chinese music teacher every time he run into him on his way out or in to their building. It was Hansol’s entire fault actually that Jongin somehow offered to babysit their neighbor’s adorable little kid instead of his brother every chance he got.

Why he offered you might ask? Well because Hansol had school and he was way too young to be working and not enjoying his youth—ok never mind, Jongin just wanted an excuse to befriend their neighbor; their hot single father neighbor who just happened to love cooking free meals for other people and enjoyed watching silly romantic dramas during his free time. Silly romantic dramas that Jongin loved but was sadly a bit ashamed to watch in his own house or when he was at Sehun’s, because the latter would poke fun at him and his younger brother talked too much for him to actually keep track with what’s going on or what the main character just said or did. So in a weird way, Jongin managed to make his constant appearance in the older man’s house a more than familiar habit that the Chinese male for whatever reason didn’t seem to mind at all.   

 

“But he doesn’t understand hyung!” Jongin drawled sulkily as he walked around the kitchen with deeply furrowed brows.

“He doesn’t understand or doesn’t want to understand?” Jongin stopped in his tracks when Yixing shared his thoughts out loud for the first time since he started his rant; pale slender hands busy making heavenly delicious food.

“Do you think he might be doing it on purpose?” The brown haired male said; pinched brows and all. Yixing merely shrugged as he pointed with his finger towards a blue spatula. Jongin handed it to him, still impatiently waiting for the elder’s answer.

“I mean, I don’t know this Sehun guy but from what I’ve understood from your babbling, he clearly doesn’t give a f—“ Yixing glanced at Brodie, who was oddly staring at him with big curious green eyes for a second before clearing his throat and finishing his pep talk. “—fish about your feelings and perhaps I’m mistaken but the way you said he treats you shows that maybe he isn’t that interested in you. I mean other than sleeping with you of course and if it bothers you that much why don’t you just break up with him?” Jongin groaned as he handed Yixing a bowl of seasoned rice.

“You’re right. It’s partly my fault.”

“I didn’t say that!”

“Do you think I should just give up and give him what he wants?”

“I think you should follow your heart Jongin.” Yixing suggested as he made his way towards the living room with two plates full of food in each hand. Jongin followed his suit with Brodie nicely adjusted in his arms; a stubborn frown on his handsome face.

“What does that even mean hyung?” Yixing took a swift glance at Jongin’s dark expression and sighed.

“Okay, let me ask you this, do you love him?” Jongin blinked slowly at the question with an adorable pout before answering. 

“I guess…”

“You guess?” Yixing didn’t mean to laugh at Jongin’s misery but he just couldn’t take it anymore, that boy’s relationship with his boyfriend was clearly a lost case and the younger boy’s sulky face made it hard for him not to laugh. He burst out into a loud fit of unattractive chuckles that lasted long enough for Jongin to gain courage and kick him as hard as he could in his right hip; Yixing fell down to the couch, still laughing hysterically for whatever reason and Jongin decided then and there that he had had enough so he threatened to smash the music teacher’s beloved piano into tiny pieces. The threat did the trick and Yixing finally managed to control himself and apologize.

“I’m sorry Jongin-ah, but you’re just too cute for me to handle.” Yixing said as he extended his slender fingers to playfully pinch the younger male’s left cheek.

“Stop it!” Jongin whined, immediately succeeding in making Yixing crack a fond smile at him.

“Jongin, if you love him it doesn’t matter if you sleep with him or not, but—“ The Chinese male emphasized on the ‘but’ before pushing a delicious plate of food towards a visibly drained looking Jongin. “—if you don’t, then this relationship is unhealthy and wrong. You’re a nice guy Jongin-ah and you deserve way better than some brainless - dude like that so-called boyfriend of yours.”   

“You’re right hyung, I’m sorry for ruining the mood.” Jongin muttered before nervously running his fingers through Brodie’s soft ash brown hair to distract his mind and relax himself a bit.

“It’s fine, you’re like my younger brother I don’t mind some teenage drama from time to time, after all I’m a high school teacher, this is something I have to go through every single day, so don’t worry about it Jongin-ah. Now, dig in, we have a long night of movies waiting for us. Oh, I almost forgot, I have something for you Jongin, eat your food, I’ll be right back!” Yixing sprinted away towards his room with Jongin’s almond shaped eyes stuck to his disappearing figure. He came back seconds later with a wide grin and a book in hand.

“What’s that hyung?”

“A gift.” Jongin took the book from Yixing’s grasp and scanned it with curious eyes.

“Arc-eu en ciel-eu?”

“Arc en ciel. The title is in French, it means ‘Rainbow’.” The Chinese male sat down next to the younger, carefully taking his son into his own lap.

“I can’t read French hyung.” Jongin confessed with a hint of amusement as he stared back at a half smiling half giggling Yixing.

“I know, the book is written in English, don’t worry. I’ve read it when I was around your age, it’s my favorite book and I bet you’ll like it too.” Jongin nodded, his fingers tracing the title gracefully with nothing but anticipation and curiosity glistening from his caramel brown eyes. He glanced up at Yixing who was too busy stuffing both his mouth and Brodie’s with seasoned rice to look back at him; stared at the man for a few seconds, mindlessly tracing his stunning features with his feline like eyes before his train of thought got interrupted by a door getting pushed open. It was his younger brother, the said brother barged into the apartment like he owned it, a massive toothy grin plastered all over his face.

“What’s for dinner?”

“What are you doing here?” Jongin questioned with a frown, furious about the lack of manners his younger brother was showing as he threw himself carelessly into a spot between Jongin and Yixing on the couch.

“Hey, Hansol-ah.” Yixing greeted distractedly as he tried to make Brodie swallow a tiny piece of carrot.

“Hey, Yixing!" Hansol greeted back cheerfully. "Bro, how dare you not invite me over for dinner? I’m starving!” The younger male whined and Jongin couldn’t resist smacking the back of Hansol’s head in annoyance.

“This is not my place to invite people over, Hansol!”

“Ouch!” Hansol wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter