Meet the Neighbours Part 1

Just Neighbours, Just Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eric and Hyesung have been BFFs for as long as they could remember. They practically grew up together 24/7 since their mothers were best friends, their fathers worked together, and they attended the same schools from kindergarten up to university. 

Little Hyesung was a mischievous and way-too-physically-active six-year-old. He liked climbing trees, breaking his classmates' sand castles, and stomping in the mud.

Despite Eric's later famous mikkulaji image in adulthood, six-year-old Eric was a quiet, reserved, and timid child. He wasn't like all the other boys who liked to run around and get messy and sweaty. He rather sit on the swing and quietly read books by myself.

"He's a bookworm." This was little Hyesung's description of the older boy. 

Due to their personality differences, Hyesung and Eric did not get along well. But this all changed one day after school when Eric was being bullied by upperclassmen in an alley during his walk home. The bullies threw his backpack, and called him 'four eyed' for wearing glasses. One guy lifted his fist and was ready to punch when suddenly.....

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

At that moment, Eric saw a glorified Hyesung shinning like a hero in golden lights who has just descended from heaven. For the next ten minuets, loud screams and pleas for mercy came from the bullies who were getting beaten by super hero Hyesung. 

That's right, Hyesung was a master when it came to taekwondo.

The next day, Eric approached Hyesung and thanked him for the heroic act.

"Thank you gift for you Hyesungie." Smiled a shy Eric while he gave the younger boy three chocolates.

"You don't have to thank me Eric ah, anybody would have done the same." Replied Hyesung. He then looked at the chocolates and sheepishly grinned. "But if you insist, I will take the chocolates. Thanks." With a swift motion, Hyesung grabbed all four chocolates, including the one Eric prepared for himself. The older boy pouted cutely. Hyesung took the opportunity to squeeze Eric's cheeks. 

"Eric ah, let's walk home together from now on. You're too weak to defend yourself and I don't want the same thing to happen again." Suggested a smiley Hyesung. 

And that was how two completely opposites started becoming BFFs.

Through out the years, Eric grew up to be taller (Hyesung was jealous of this), very handsome, and eventually caught the mischievousness from his best friend. Most of the time, he acted like a reserved guy who's got the full package (looks, height, personality), but Hyesung knew the real Eric was a mikkulaji who became a even better pranker that Hyesung himself. The two of them enjoyed teaming up and tease (in a friendly manner) their family and friends. They were BFFs, brothers, and the most compatible pair.

In senior year of University, Hyesung broke up with his girlfriend just two days before his birthday. He was sad, though not because of the girl, but because of his long time wish.

"Eric ah, I keep breaking up before my birthday. At this rate, I'm never gonna fulfill my birthday wish!" Complained Hyesung while laying his head on top of Eric's thigh on the sofa. This was his most comfortable position and Eric was especially good at running his hands through the younger's hair and massaging it. Since they were BFFs, the two were very comfortable with skinship. Too comfortable in other's opinions. Their family and friends have been teasing them and calling them as a couple. But the two claim they are BFFs, JUST BFFs.

"What is your wish Sung-ah?" asked Eric.

"I want a hundread roses! Big, red, and pretty roses!" replied Hyesung with a child-like smile. 

"Roses are for girls you pabo." Eric answered while sheepishly grinning at his best friend.

"Ya!" Hyesung pretended to raise his fist. "Are you calling me a girl you mikkulaji? Do you wanna end your life?"

Eric couldn't control his laughter as he tried to dodge his best friend's violent behaviour. Sometimes, Hyesung still acted like an active, violent, and hot tempered guy just like when he was a boy. 

But he was also very cute. Eric secretly thought.

On the day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter