Light -3-

A Second Chance

Word count: 426

 

Tiffany was that glass. That sparkled and glimmered beautifully and gracefully in the light, 

 

*** 

 

Through Krystal's stubborn attempts Jessica felt herself unable to let her sister down anymore. A year had already passed. Jessica's skin had turned sickly pale and her body ghastly bony. 

For Krystal she would try to eat.

For Krystal she would try to go out.

For krystal she would try to be happy.

Happiness comes for those who tries, and Krystal had tried, long and hard. It was time Jessica was Krystal's Happiness.

 

***

 

Slowly Jessica became better, stronger and happier. At first she only spent time with her sister. Who later on urged Jessica to get a job at a small cafe. The staff was kind and they did their best to get to know Jessica. Who with baby steps opened up. Though she kept everyone at a arm length. Better safe than sorry she thought. At least this time around. 

 

They had a few people who came by often. some on weekly basis, some on daily. Tiffany was one of the daily costumers. Jessica fell, hard and fast for the woman. Talkative, kind, always smiley. Tiffany seemed to take liking to Jessica too. since Jessica always took Tiffany's orders. She had memorised the Korean-American's choice of menu by heart. "Vanilla caffe-latte with a caramel brownie, to go".

 

***

 

Tiffany offered her friendship, her hand reaching for Jessica's in a friendly handshake which Jessica gladly accepted. They went for walks in the park near by. Sometimes watched movies on the big screen. Tiffany was Happiness as a person. They watched "Inside Out" together and Jessica was quick to point out that Tiffany was "Happiness". While Tiffany jokingly replied with that Jessica was "Sadness". Well it wasn't a lie, Jessica was kind of sadness, she admitted she  herself would enjoy to just fall face first onto the floor having Tiffany drag her around would make it totally worth it.

 

***

 

Tiffany was a talkative kind of person. full of skinship, love and care. Jessica was talkative once upon a time too. And Tiffany was starting to make Jessica talkative again. Much to Krystal's relief. 

 

 

Tiffany was fire, and she lit a light in Jessica's frozen heart. She thawed the frozen Jessica. Things started to look colorful again, food got its taste back again. And Jessica's smile finally returned to its place.

 

***

 

"My exhausted heart beats again. My weak heart has found light again. Thank you Tiffany, for being the light. For saving me." - Jessica