Maybe -1-

A Second Chance

Word count: 248

 

Jessica lay curled up in her bed, eyes red and puffy from hours upon hours of crying. Maybe if she cried more the pain would disappear. Maybe if she curled up in her blankets she would be safe. Just maybe. But sometimes you forget that maybe is half a no.

 

Because you cannot hide from your own mind. 

And you cannot magically stop hurting. 

No first aid kit is enough to mend a broken heart. 

But just maybe it was worth a try anyways.

 

Rainy days seemed wetter

and cloudy skies cloudier. 

Nothing seemed to make her happy, not even her little bundle of shy joy: Krystal.

 

She felt pain, not the kind you usually feel when you fall and hurt your knees or hands. Not the good kind of pain. Just the dull, lifeless and empty kind of pain. Jessica never been a fan of pain. She used to think that if pain went away life would be so much more better. But she was wrong. She regretted that wish. Pain was a indicator that you was alive. And Jessica didn't feel any of it. 

 

Colors lost its colorfulness.

Food lost its taste.

Emotions faded into that same dull ache.  

 

No matter how much she washed she never felt clean. The aching pain again. Like a curse.

 

But then again maybe she deserved this. 

maybe this was karma for the sin she had committed.

Just maybe Jessica deserved to die. In the slow way.