Enrolment

Student In Love

It was a Monday morning, the first day of enrolment for the incoming grade 10 students. Teachers were very busy preparing the stuffs needed for the enrolment.

Kim Haneul, a newly hired teacher, was one of the enrolling committee. Since she's new with the work, her hands were trembling and she's sweating. A co-worker, Jung Hoseok, noticed her.

"Hi there!" said Hoseok, "I'm Jung Hoseok. And you are?"

"Oh, hello! I'm Kim Haneul, and I'm one of the newly hired teachers here." she smiled.

"Oh, that's pretty obvious. I noticed you were trembling." he laughed. "Just relax. I'm with you by the way. No need to worry because I've done this many times. I'll help you."

"Thanks, sir! And please, bare with me if ever I mess up." she forced a smile.

 

The first day of enrolment went out smoothly. There were only a few students who came to enroll.

"Goodbye, Haneul! Sleep well tonight for tomorrow, we'll be facing a lot of enrollees." Hoseok said.

"I will, sir!" she smiled.

"Call me Hoseok. Never mind calling me sir."

"Oh, alright."

"Goodbye, Haneul!"

Goodbye, Hoseok!"

 

"What a tough day!" Haneul thought to herself while walking her way home. She decided to eat well that night and sleep early because as what Hoseok told her, they'll be facing a huge number of enrollees the following day.

So that's what really happened. The second, third and fourth day of enrolment were very tiring specially for Haneul but the work went off smoothly because Hoseok and the other teachers worked hand-in-hand.

 

Friday- the last day of enrolment. Haneul was the only teacher who went to work because the others were sent for a seminar. Nervous as she is, Haneul started to tremble again but she felt a little bit okay when Hoseok sent her a message: "You can do it, Haneul! Just relax. :) And since it's the last day of enrolment, only a few students would come to enroll. See you in 2 weeks time! Fighting! -Hoseok"

She sighed and prepared the things needed for the enrolment.

 

It was already 11am and only 10 students enrolled. Lunch break came and she was feeling happy because Haneul thought that there'll be no more students enrolling in the afternoon.

 

At around 3pm, when the wind was blowing its cool air, a group of students came to enroll.

"Hello, miss! Can we still enroll at this time?" an enrollee asked.

"Oh sure, you may! But I must see to it that you have your documents with you. Please give me your envelopes. Thank you!" she said softly.

One by one, she examined the envelopes. There was a Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jung Kook. She handled them the enrolment form which they must fill out.

One by one, the students handed their enrolment form to Haneul. First was Jimin then Taehyung.

"Hey, Jung Kook! Can you even get slower than that?" Jimin yelled.

"Mister,please stop yelling. I believe we are in a school. You're a student. Please act as one. Thanks!" Haneul said.

"HAHAHA! That's what you get for yelling at me." Jung Kook stucked out his tongue.

"We'll go out now, Kookie. We'll wait for you outside. Thank you ma'am!" Taehyung bowed and Jimin did the same.

 

Haneul was waiting for Jung Kook to finish and she noticed how cute looking was the kid. Jung Kook glanced accidentaly to Haneul's way which made him blush. He filled out the form quickly, gave it to the teacher, thanked her, bowed, smiled and left.

It was 5pm already and Haneul sighed in relief.

"Aigooo. I made it through out the day just by myself. I better go home and rest."