Love Again

Believe In Love

We open in a high school to scenes of ordinary school life: students in class, taking tests, hanging out. It's the beginning of the term when I met Kai. I was a new student in SM Academy with my twin brother Jae-min and both of us were ushered by the Korean Language teacher, Ms. Lee So-young, to our classroom, Year 1, Class 1. On our way to the classroom, we could hear noises of students and it seems that they're friendly. As we reached our classroom, Ms. Lee opened the door and got in while Jae-min and I waited for us to be called. "Okay, class, today, we have two new students. And I want you to make them feel at home in our class understood?" I heard Ms. Lee speaking to the class. As Jae-min and I waited outside, we saw Ms. Lee looking towards our direction and told us to get inside. We went in and stood in front of the class. "Good morning everyone, I'm Jung Chaeyeon, I hope that we can be all friends!" I said and bowed then Jae-min introduced himself next. "Okay, Chaeyeon, you may sit next to Kai over there. Kai please raise your hand." I looked at the direction where Ms. Lee was pointing at and saw him, smiling at me. I bowed to Ms. Lee and went to my seat next to Kai while Jae-min took a seat in front of Kai."Hi! I'm Jong-in, but you can call me Kai. And you're Chaeyeon right? Nice to meet you." He said, breaking the awkwardness and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you too, Kai." I smiled and shook his hand. I introduced Jae-min to him and they became friends instantly. During breaktime, a girl approached me. "Hi Chaeyeon! I'm Yoon So-hee, the one who sits in front of you in class." She smiled. I looked at her and smiled back. "So, how do you find SM Academy?" She said as she sat next to me on the bleachers in the soccer field. "It's really nice here. People here are kind and very welcoming too!" I answered. She looked at me and said, "Are you somehow related to Jung So Min unnie? She's one of the students here, a senior student. You somehow look like her." "Yes, she's my sister. She was the one who enrolled me and my twin brother here." I answered. "Wow, I never knew she had twin siblings." She giggled. Soon breaktime was over and we had to go back to class. On our way, back, I spotted Kai with my brother, happily chatting away and steals glances from me. So-hee unnie nudged my side and said, "Seems like Kai likes you~~" "Unnie~~" I turned a bit red. "You know, I've never seen Kai look at a girl like that ever since he broke up with his former girlfriend." I looked at So-hee unnie and wondered what she meant by that. "Unnie what do you mean?" I looked at her. "You see, when we were in middle school, he had a girlfriend named Im Ki-jung. However, that girl did something unforgivable to Kai." She said. My lips formed an 'O' shape and I still wanted to ask So-hee unnie why but I didn't bother to anymore.