Secret Love Affair

Believe In Love

It was my sophomore year when I met my first girlfriend, Im Ki-jung. She was really pretty and almost all the guys in school fell head over heels for her. However, I was the lucky guy she chose. I expected our relationship to be something like a really cute but serious one. But I was wrong. Unlike the other couples I see around that the girl isn't hard to please, the girl is instantly happy with just little and simple things all with the guy's effort, Ki-jung, on the other hand, was really hard to please. She doesn't appreciate all the efforts I've given into our relationship yet she always says she loves me. I was too naïve and in love to notice that under all those was something I never thought she'd do. All the classes were over and I was waiting for Ki-jung because she told me we're going home together but she didn't show up. I was starting to get pissed so I went back and searched for her. As I was checking each classroom, hoping that she could be there, I heard disturbing noises coming from the classroom at the end of the hallway. I quietly went to that classroom and as I gently opened it, I saw Ki-jung and Chi-won making out. I opened the door even wider and this time making noise. "K-Kai? W-What are you doing here? I thought you were-" "I was waiting outside? I was Ki-jung. I was waiting for you for almost an hour thinking that you were in detention! But you were doing this? With Chi-won?! How could you?! I gave you everything you asked! I gave you what you needed and what you wanted! And this is what I'll get in return?! Finding you and my best friend doing this?!" I spat. They couldn't utter even a single word. "K-Kai, I'm sorr-" "Enough. I've had enough. We're over Ki-jung. Oh and Chi-won, forget that we're even friends." I said and stormed out of that room, never wanting to see either of them. I ran far away, far from the school grounds, far away from those cheaters. How could they do this to me? I gave them my trust and yet they betrayed me. I ran towards the direction of the Han River. As soon as my feet stopped at the edge of the Han River, I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could, not caring if people were staring. I stayed there till midnight. I went to the food tents and drank until I could forget all the pain. I don't want to remember this day ever again. I'll bury it all in the past. Although I know that the scar won't disappear that instant, at least, somehow, I released some of the pain I'm feeling. I never wanted this. Am I being punished? Or does this have to do with something else? Whatever the reason is,  I don't care anymore. Ki-jung and Chi-won broke the trust I gave them. And what I saw would never make me trust anyone again. Since then, I never engaged in dating or even courting a girl. Because of what happened, some of my friends call me a misogynist, someone who hates or doesn't trust women except my mother and my sisters. I had been a misogynist after what Ki-jung and Chi-won did to me but it all disappeared when I met another girl that changed my life forever.