Merry Early Christmas

Year-End Goal! Merry Christmas

Taehyung was five years old and it was his first day at the new Kindergarten, but that’s where he saw him. His name? Min Yoongi. He was two years older than Taehyung and he had eyes that pierced the younger boy’s soul. Black curly hair usually fell over the older boys’ eyes and when they weren’t closed, the boy would sit there, blowing at the hair with an annoyed huff. All Taehyung wanted was a friend and he wanted Min Yoongi to be that friend. It had to be him. He didn’t know why but he had set his sights on him from the first day. 

 

It was almost Christmas and yet they hadn’t said a word to each other since the first day they saw each other. In fact, Yoongi hadn’t talked to anyone at all. He usually just slept in the corner of the room (he dubbed it his) under the blanket he always brought from home. “Kumamon limited edition,” his mother had said when she dropped him off the first day. “He never leaves home without it.” 

 

“So… I know he likes Kumamon.” Taehyung murmured to himself softly as he sat with his One Piece notebook, playing detective. “That’s it.” The younger boy sighed, head resting in his hands with a somber expression on his usually bright face. He had absolutely no idea how to get the other to talk to him, let alone be his friend and it was making him really upset. He looked over at the older, snuggled up against the bean bag with his blanket wrapped around him, sleeping. He looked peaceful and Taehyung really didn’t want to mess that up but… for this reason he had to. It was for a good cause. 

 

Taehyung stood up, determination written on his face as he threw his notebook into his cubby. He looked around and then grinned, box smile taking over his whole face as he picked up the singing Elmo on the floor next to the toy bucket. He slowly walked over to the sleeping boy, pressing the on button situated on the foot of the Elmo toy, and as soon as it started to sing he threw it on the floor, pretending to trip, landing on top of the older. 

 

The older boy groaned and opened his eyes, blowing the hair out of his face as he looked at Taehyung before mumbling out a small “What… What is it?” in his normal Daegu satoori. Taehyung scrambled up and immediately became nervous his own satoori coming out, surprisingly making the other smile slightly. “I-I’m sorry! I… I didn’t mean to.” That was a lie. “I was playing with the Elmo and it slipped and I tried to catch it…” He trails off softly as his doe eyes looked down, cheeks flushing in embarrassment. 

 

The older rubbed at his eyes and then pushed his blanket off of him throwing it over his shoulder as he slowly got up. “Mm.. Kumamon isn’t happy that you sat on his face.” Taehyung heard the older say and he flushed even more. “He’s all wrinkled now… Say sorry.” Yoongi drawled lazily as he looked at the younger. Taehyung couldn’t help the laughter that was bubbling up in his chest and he let it out, laughing loudly as he sat on the floor. “S-sorry Kumamon!” He blurts out, still laughing as he rolls over on his side before the older kicks him gently. “Yah- I’m serious!” 

 

Taehyung ignored his comment and then rolled onto his stomach, grinning up at the older as he pats the floor. “You know… Christmas is coming soon!” He says excitedly as he looks over at the box in the corner. It was their Christmas tree. It was already December 14, 2015 yet they hadn’t put up the tree yet. “Wanna… Help me decorate the tree?” He asks as a mischievous glint appears in his eyes making Yoongi glance over a the unopened box. 

 

Yoongi shrugged. Why did he care if they hadn’t put up the tree yet or not? It wasn’t his problem and it shouldn’t be. He looked back at Taehyung and scrunched his nose up. “Sorry… That’s not really my style.” He mumbled, much to the younger’s disappointment as he stood up and then trudged to the tree alone mumbling a soft, “Fine I’ll do it myself.” Yoongi just sat down in the bean bag, eyes trained on the younger boy and he couldn’t help but smile again at the stubbornness the other had portrayed. “This isn’t going to end well..” 

 

Taehyung walked over to the box that had the Christmas tree in it and he sat down opening it, pulling out the tree with a slightly confused expression on his face. “Where’s all the ornaments..” He murmured to himself as he looked around, finding them across the room in a basket full of newspaper to cushion them so they wouldn’t break. Taehyung ran over and picked up the basket, a satisfied expression on his face as he carried it over to where the tree sat. 

 

He picked up the tree and then plugged it into the nearest electrical socket, whining at the sudden sparks that flew when he plugged it in. After he moved away he evened out the branches to the tree and then nodded slowly as he now looked at the basket full of glass ornaments. He’d never done this with glass before… But he couldn’t just sit and wait around for someone to help him. He wanted to do something nice for everyone and he knew this was it. 

 

Picking up an ornament he smiled nervously as his eyes glanced over at Yoongi before he huffed, turning away with a sigh. He faced the tree as he looked for a place to put the ornament, smiling as he started to slide it on a branch. “All the way back…” He started to say as he hummed. Seconds later he turned to get the next ornament, but he heard a crash and the ornament he had just put on the tree had slid off and shattered on the ground.

 

Yoongi saw it before Taehyung did and he got up but he was already too late. The ornament was bending the branch and had slid off in seconds and he groaned, ruffling his hair as he moved to get the broom, handing it to Taehyung as he picked up an ornament instead. “You clean. I’ll deal with this..” He said, voice low as he looked at the younger boy who was wide eyed with guilt as he looked at the glass on the floor. “Got it?” He asked as he reached out to ruffle Taehyung’s hair surprisingly liking how the other made him want to do something other than sleep. 

 

Taehyung slowly nodded his head and he smiled wide moments later as he hummed to Christmas songs as he swept the glass up into a pile on the floor while Yoongi decorated the tree. “Thanks… hyung…” He said softly as he motioned to the tree and the older shook his head with a small chuckle. “No problem, kid~” He says even though he knows full well that they’re both kids and he had no right to say that. It just felt right, the other just seemed way younger than he was. 

 

Soon enough they were laughing and doing everything they could not to break anymore ornaments as the younger told him where to put them on the tree. Usually he didn’t like taking orders but this time he did his best to make sure he did just that. “Hyung—“ Taehyung says suddenly, making Yoongi stop as he was about to put the last ornament on the tree. “Merry early Christmas~” He says with the cheesiest smile and the happiest laugh. 

 

Taehyung could say that he reached his goal and somehow maybe he thought it was easier than it should have been. Maybe it was the Christmas spirit or maybe it was his stupid action of breaking the first ornament, one being one too many, of course. Shaking the thoughts away, he looked up just in time to see the older boy smile and place the ornament on the tree before he turned and spoke. 

 

“Merry early Christmas, kid.” 


So guys! I'm back! It's been a while... and I'm sorry. I'll be starting a new series of one shots that are TaeGi (BTS) related and then once I'm finished with those I'll go back to updating my older stories! I hoped to put this out before Christmas and guess what!? I did! Merry Early Christmas guys~ Happy Holidays to anyone who celebrates a different holiday~ Spend time with your family~ I love you guys!

- Skye