The Heist

The Last Chance..

4 years later..

 

“Hustle up guys! We’ve got work tonight, and Chanyeol,” the short but firm man fixed a steady glare in his way, “stop stuffing yourself and get your arse here.” Mouth still filled with the brownies Kyungsoo had made for supper, he gave their leader a sheepish smile, “Sorry!”The rest simply shook their heads at Chanyeol. When all were gathered around the round table where they had most their meetings, debacles and debates, he started: “Alright boys, tonight,” Suho looked up at each of each one of them, a rare gleeful twinkle in his eyes, “we tackle the ‘House of YG’.” Almost immediately, there were exclamations of surprise and disbelief; “Are you for real, Suho-hyung?” Tao asked, eyes huge, one hand covering his mouth.

“Yeah, I mean, seriously Suho? Are you sure we can pull this off?” Ever the logical one, Kyungsoo stated radically. The younger boys, Jongin and Sehun were giddy with excitement and barely paid attention to the rest of the members, chattering away animatedly amongst themselves.

“Okay guys, listen!” He clapped his hands sharply twice, commanding their attention. The murmurs fell away silently and everyone looked down at the blueprint that laid spread open on the table. “The ‘House of YG’, as we all know has 4 main entrances, North, West, South and East.”He looked up again; everyone nodded their comprehension, so he continued. “Now, the entrance from North and East is heavily guarded and it is virtually impossible to risk an entry from there, so,” he traced a lightly dotted line extending from the West entrance straight into the main hall of the ‘House of YG, “this is where we’ll be infiltrating from.” “Hmm,” Kris brushed his chin thoughtfully, “is it ready? Our stuff?” “Chen?” The Troll King was grinning from ear-to-ear, “All set up and improvised, at your service.” The Chinese man nodded, “I’m in then.”

“Luhan? I’ll need your help to distract the civilians.” “Roger that.” The doe-eyed beauty responded cheerfully. “Yixing, Xiumin and Kai, you will be outside, gathering intels and infos on the perimeter. Sehun, you will be assisting Luhan in the distracting plan, should the needs arise.” Mentioned boy shot a look towards the other, Luhan smiled tentatively. He never knew what exactly made Sehun such a grump. Except for when he was with Jongin, he only ever smiled to the younger boy. Most of the other times, he was either missing or glaring holes into the wall.

“As for the infiltration itself,” he took a breath, “Tao, I, and,” he looked up once again, everyone was calmly waiting for him, “Park Chanyeol.”

A collective burst of  “WHAAAT?!” reverberated throughout the house.“Me?” Chanyeol’s eyes were wide open with disbelief. “Hyung, you can’t be serious!”

“Ah hyung! Why Chanyeol?!” Kai’s loud protest was heeded by the rest of the crowd. “Suho, really? Chanyeol?” Baekhyun raised a sceptical brow then shrugged his shoulders when Chanyeol glared at him, “No offense dude, but hyung, this?” He gesture at Chanyeol’s huge physique, “You sure you can even get him through the exit in the first place?” “Hey! I thought we were friends!” He hit the pixyish boy on the shoulder, but before his hand could reach his intended target, the petite boy spun around, capturing the taller boy’s arm around his wrist and elbow and pushed. “, Baek!”

He released his hold, “Just being cautious. You okay?” He rubbed the boy soothingly on his back, Chanyeol gave him a weak glare before huffing and facing Suho, “Hyung, really, I don’t mind, you could take someone else instead of me. Kai’s right, I’m a walking, moving tragedy waiting to happen.” But Suho shook his head resolutely, “Park Chanyeol, and that’s final.” Groans of disappointment could be heard here and there. Chanyeol’s broad shoulders slumped down, “I don’t think I can do this, Baek..” Baekhyun gave him a sympathetic look, “I know you can’t.”

“BAEK!!”

He ran after his roommate, yelling indiscreet curses and shouts of “I’ll show you how bloody good I can be, you damned pixie!” Baekhyun’s reply was only a mocking, “Yeah?” and an echo of laughter as he disappeared in a flash of blinding light. The huge boy was left with his hands on his knees, panting for breath; his eyes however, glowed eerily with grim determination as he stared after where Baekhyun had vanished from. He felt a cooling hand on his shoulder, it was Suho, “Prove me right, Chanyeol, prove that I didn’t make the wrong choice.” He nodded, solemn and sober of the consequences if they failed.


Sunlight filtered into the room, illuminating the otherwise dark space. She stretched, bones cracking satisfyingly. Pushing back her long, blonde locks, she opened her eyes, sighing gently as she saw the snow-tipped hills bathed in mellow yellow light. The quarters was empty she realised, hearing no sounds or voices, ‘Must’ve left for breakfast,’ she thought, leaping gracefully from her bed to land directly in front of the bathroom. Yawning, she stepped in lazily to start her morning ritual.

 

“Minzy! You’re up!” Bom bounded towards her in her usual enthusiastic way. Eyes still heavy from last night’s lack of sleep, she smiled, “Oh, you look tired, did you sleep at all last night?” Chaerin’s husky voice inquired, half-castigating and half-concerned. “I don’t think she did, look at those horrible eye bags! Minzy-ah, you’ll ruin your skin like that you ignorant girl!” Dara quipped, pinching her cheeks. The blonde simply laughed, “I’m fine guys, see?” She somersaulted, a lazy attempt to convince them. But one she knew that would never fail at any costs. Chaerin nodded, “Let’s go then, we’re late enough as it is.”

Touché. When was she ever wrong?