The Space..? [Prologue]

The Last Chance..

The familiar weight of the ball felt reassuring in her hand, she dribbled, bent her knees and arms and swish! The ball sailed a beautiful arc before entering the hoop neatly. She grabbed the ball again, spun around and left it bouncing and caught it again. She moved, one, two, shoot! It went in, again. This time she left it bouncing, heading towards the bench. Rummaging inside her sling bag, she found her water tumbler and took a few huge gulps. Breathing hard, she fell back onto the bench, seized her towel and swiped off the sweat that begun to accumulate on her forehead.

“Oh! Are you new here?” A voice greeted her desolate world. She craned her neck against the top of the bench; red GAP t-shirt and black three quarter pants matched with a well-worn, conventional Converse. She tracked up, eyes seeking out for the owner of the voice. Two moderately sized but gallantly shining orbs looked down at her curiously, mouth open in a wide, welcoming grin. “Hi! I’m Chanyeol!” She felt the hairs behind her neck prickle.

“Who’re you? Did you just shift into our neighbourhood or something? I’ve never seen you here before so I’m just assuming but yeah, we never know, aite?” She lifted her head back up, and righted her sore neck, “You’re really bright,” she said. He laughed, “Well, you’re really direct. Wherever have you come from? The space?”

One side of lifted up, a sardonic smirk, “Something like that.” She swooped down; reaching for the ball that had gently come to a stop near her and ran towards the hoop before dunking it in full force, clang! The hoop shook with the impact of her dunk. And Chanyeol was left agape as she, nonplussed, walked past him with a quiet, “I’m Minzy,” before disappearing around the corner. Perhaps it was somewhere around there that Park Chanyeol, future member of a notoriously elusive band of thieves known as EXO, belonging to the element of fire, had begun to admire Minzy of 2NE1.