Got'cha (1/2)

The Other Side of Lee Jihoon

It was a free no-schedule-no-practice-and-no-school day for the boys. Even so, waking up at 8 in the morning is an everyday thing- no skipping, even when they slept way too late. If they want to have more sleep, they could take a nap. Only after lunchtime. It was always like that. Ever since thirteen of them started to live under one roof. Discipline, they said.

 

 

"Hyung! Hyung! Wake up!"

It's a morning routine. Especially in the room where a certain pink-haired boy sleeps.

The method to wake up Jihoon e.g. screaming and singing out-of-tune songs were pain to the ears but it's rather conventional so what the hell.

"Still haven't wake up?" the leader ask as the three maknaes came out of the said room, dragging their feet without the main target.

"He didn't even flinch, hyung. I thought composers are supposed to be sensitive of sounds"

Seungkwan whines as he plopped himself next to Seungcheol. Then Hansol follow suit, sitting on Seungkwan's lap and Chan on Hansol's lap. They were leaning against Seungcheol, almost toppled off the sofa they were sharing. Seungcheol could not handle the weight thus jolted up, leaving the three sprawled on the sofa with Seungkwan bottoming the other two.

"Get OFF! I swear I'll tickle all of you!" Seungkwan squirmed to shake the extra weight on him with Hansol and Chan having fit of giggles 

Seungcheol was about to break them off when a wild Jisoo appeared at the scene. Jisoo raised his eyebrows to Seungcheol but he just smiled and left.

Jisoo would know how to deal with the bickerings. Somehow he needs to know. He's a hyung too.

 

 

 

 

The dorm they live in had three bedrooms, one for their manager, and two for their members. There were three bunk beds in the each member room, for six people to sleep. Since there were thirteen members and they were lacking one bed, Seungcheol chose himself to be the one who sleeps on a futon. He did not mind, as long as every one is well-rested, he would be fine. Anything for his beloved sons, uhh members.    

In the room his sleeps everyday, every bed was supposed to be empty by now. Except one. His target.

Pinkish strands of hair sticking everywhere on the sleeping owner's face. Seungcheol wondered how the owner of this sleeping figure was actually an easily ticked bomb, ready to kill with his death glare from his almost invisible eyes when he woke up- he's so small and cute! He could not help himself but to push those soft pink locks away to get a better look at the facial features as he traced on the button nose and those pouty lips. Seungcheol would never get a chance like this when Lee Jihoon was wide awake and he thanked the Heavens for Jihoon being a heavy sleeper. 

Seungcheol finally came to his sense to his sole mission- waking Jihoon up. Lightbulbs lighting above his head as he schemed a plan that might badly backfires. Either way, it would be worth it. It was either now a never.

His hair is getting longer. He should get a haircut. Or not.

 

 

"Hey Jeonghan, can I borrow one of your hair ties?"

Jeonghan was scrolling for some hair beauty tips on his phone when he heard Seungcheol's question, yet that did not stop him from whatever he was doing.

"Your hair doesn't need tying, Seungcheol" Jeonghan deadpanned.

Jeonghan had troubles to lend his hair ties since no one would had extras if he needed one because no one other than him had one. Or more. That was not the point right now.

"You have lots of them anyway." Seungcheol stated as he searched for the said item in Jeonghan's accessory drawer.

When Jeonghan had a smartphone in his hand, there was no other way to make his mind and soul to be detached from the device. Unless it died or something really, really important happened that needed him to leave his precious gadget.

"I don't know what you've planned in that big head of yours but if anything happens, leave me out of it"

Perfect. A pink one

"Sure. But I'm not sure you'll get it back in one piece"

Seungcheol had left when Jeonghan realised what he said.

A faint "What do you by that? You're borrowing!" in the background was heard after he went back to the room Jihoon was in.

 

 

 

 

Not bad.

As he stared at his masterpiece, Seungcheol could not help to feel proud of his work. He never done such a thing before but nahh he did it. To him.

Now for the best part.

Seungcheol leans closer to Jihoon's sleeping figure, blowing raspberries into the latter's ear.

"Jihoonie~~~"

As much as Jihoon despised it,  Seungcheol too shivered to his own awful aegyo.

"AHHHHHHHH" and a loud thud signaling a fallen Jihoon waking up in terror.

Everyone literally ran into the room with curious eyes. Seungcheol owned them an explanation.

"Jihoon's awake", he sheepishly flashed a grin towards the crowd.

On the other hand, Jihoon was glaring hard at everyone especially the leader. Even thought they knew Jihoon had anger issues yet they always tend to make him tick. Jihoon did not want to cause a ruckus so he decided to brush it off and leave to wash up.

 

A wild Jeonghan appeared before him and pulled him into a bear hug.

"My baby is already adowable as he is awhhhh I want this everyday!"

Jeonghan squealed as Jihoon was being crushed in his arms. The other members decided to join in, all except Seungcheol, still knealing with a smile beside his bed.

Jihoon was in a groggy state, annoyed and confused.

"What are you talking about, Jeonghan hyung?"

Jihoon struggled to get loose but to no avail. There were evil hands roaming across his face, pinching his cheeks.

Please ground, swallow me.

"Wait! Let me get the camera!" Jun chimed as he digs through his locker with a phone in his hand. "Now, smile Jihoonie~"

Click.

"Send it to the group chat! That's gonna be my wallpaper"

The Michael-Jackson-crazed maknae had the nerve to change his wallpaper of his idol to him? What were they so hyped about?

"It's only the beginning of the day and I'm having a headache. I didn't even do any work yet" Jihoon mentally sighed.

Simultaenouly, each of the members' phones made sound indicating new messages.

Jihoon could not help to check his too after everyone scrambled to get their own phone.

His eyes almost popped out of the sockets when he saw on his phone screen a picture of himself with disheaveled hair...and apple hair tied with a pink hairband...on top of his head...what?

Seungcheol already took safety measures and left their dorm when the notifications came in. While he was running for his dear life, he texted personally to Jihoon.

 

To: Pink Fairy

Next time, you might wanna be awake before someone tries to wake you up.

-Seungcheol

 

Jihoon was fuming and could not stay in one place. He was pacing to and fro thinking of words not to say with his mouth. He let the profanities fly around his mind until he slowly retreated back to his bed. Calmly, he replied the text message.

 

To: Seungdumb

Consider yourself lucky there're witnesses in the room.

-Jihoon

 

That would do. Jihoon sighed hard in defeat. He could not sleep anymore.

 

 

 

 

It was already afternoon, which meant lunchtime was nearing.

The 95-liners were busy preparing food for their kids. All except Seungcheol.

Soonyoung was in charge of babysitting the hungry boys while the olders made food but they would not stop whining about- of course- being hungry, and the fact that their leader had still not returned to the dorm.

"Soonyoung hyung? Where's Seungcheol hyung? Why is he not here? Did he left us?" Seungkwan jumped to Soonyoung's side, tightly wrapping his arms with the latter.

Chan scurried to Soonyoung's other side and slid under his arm, wanting the older to hug him while mumbling, "I want Seungcheol hyung"

Soonyoung wrapped his arms around Chan and Seungkwan, patting them on the head, "Not to worry, Seungcheol hyung would come back. He's just taking a walk", trying his best to reassure the maknaes.

They were all in the living room. Seungcheol's name filled the background with Mingyu and Wonwoo bickering about who would be finishing the leader's portion of lunch. Jihoon sat the furthest from the group, feeling the tension in the air. He gave a sorry look to Soonyoung, meaning to not wanting all of this to happen yet Soonyoung only smiled, trying to reassure him as well. Typical Soonyoung.

As the commotion resumed, Jihoon quietly got up, took his jacket and left. No one even noticed him missing.

 

Even if his leader was at fault, Jihoon would never be mad at him. Even if he did, it would not be that long before they were back to normal. It was how they had alway been.

 

 

 

 

 

Author note:

I've made this into two parts because it's really long. I was looney at this time, sorry about that xD

I need some JiCheol so yeah. Do subscribe and comment on what you think, I'm curious. And upvotes are welcomed too hihihi~

Thanks for reading, bunnies!

-Eireilkosuke