The Ceremony

The Big Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone got up and hugged Jiyong.

 

“Well, I guess this is it. See you at the end of the aisle,” Chaelin said. She smoothed out Jiyong’s tux and straighten out his tie. “You’ll do great. It’ll be great, don’t worry.”

 

Jiyong gave her an anxious smile and watched her and the rest of his wedding party leave the room one by one until he was the only one left.

 

“Mr. Kwon, we’re ready for you,” a staff member said.

 

With one more look in the mirror, Jiyong smiled and walked out of the room. The staff member guided him through the building towards the backyard. His mother was waiting for him next to the door. She was beaming. It reminded Jiyong of the first time she found out about his relationship with Seungri.

 

He never officially came out to to his parents, but somewhere along the lines they had figured it out, so he didn’t need to. As thankful as Jiyong was to have both of his parents support him, he was still worried to tell them about Seungri.

 

They had met him before, but that was as a bandmate and close friend. This time, Jiyong brought Seungri home as his boyfriend. The two had been dating for about six months at this point and Jiyong’s mom had been bugging him about coming home. Bigbang’s schedule had cleared up for the night, so Jiyong decided to go home for dinner. He asked his mom if he could bring someone and she was so excited, Jiyong could practically hear her smiling over the phone.

 

“Well, actually I’ve been seeing someone for a while now and I was kind of hoping that you guys could meet them tonight?,” Jiyong asked, slightly worried his mom would say no.

 

“Oh, honey, that’s wonderful! I can’t wait to meet him, he has to come!” Mrs. Kwon responded. Jiyong had never explicitly expressed his preference of men to his parents, so when he heard his mother using male pronouns, he smiled.

 

After the phonecall, Jiyong realized he hadn’t ask Seungri if he even wanted to come. When he saw Seungri later that day, Jiyong got nervous. What if his boyfriend didn’t want to meet his parents? What if it was too soon? What if their relationship wasn’t as serious to Seungri as it was to Jiyong?

 

“Hey, babe,” Seungri greeted Jiyong when he walked into their practice space. He went in for a kiss, but Jiyong tensed up. “What’s up? Is something wrong?”

 

Now or never, Jiyong thought, “Uh, well, nothing’s wrong I was just um, wondering if maybe youwouldliketomeetmyparentstonight?”

 

Seungri gave him an amused look and asked, “I’m sorry, what was that?”

 

Taking a deep breath, Jiyong tried again, “I was wondering if you wanted to come home with me tonight and maybe meet my parents?”

 

“Jiyong, I know your parents. They love me, remember?” Seungri laughed. He spoke the truth, Jiyong’s parents were mesmerized by Seungri’s charm.

 

“Well, yeah. But this time I thought that maybe you could meet my parents as my boyfriend?” Jiyong asked, hesitantly.

 

Seungri’s lips pulled into a blinding smile and Jiyong was relieved when he said, “Of course, I’d love to.”

 

The night went better than Jiyong could have expected. When Mrs. Kwon opened the front door, she was greeted by a worried Jiyong and an excited Seungri. Immediately she smiled a knowing smile and invited them inside. Seungri was already chatting with Jiyong’s father about the ride over when Mrs. Kwon whispered, “I was wondering when you were going to bring him home. I was starting to worry you’d messed something up.”


 

Standing in front of the french doors, Jiyong offered his arm and his mother took it. The staff member opened the door to the backyard and everyone turned in their seats to get a good view.

 

Jiyong’s heart was pounding as he walked down the aisle. At the end, on his side he saw Youngbae, Chaelin, Seunghyun, Dami and Dara, just as they had promised. On Seungri’s side, his sister Hanna, Kim Lim, Daesung, and a few of Seungri’s international friends were smiling at him. Jiyong hadn’t even seen Seungri yet and he could already feel the tears building up.

 

When the two got to the end of the aisle, Mrs. Kwon kissed her son on his cheek and they parted. She went to take her seat in the front row and Jiyong stood at the side of the altar, right next to Youngbae.

 

The wedding march started and Jiyong folded his hands in front of him. He couldn’t believe that this day had come. The two of them had spent years talking about the possibility of spending their life together, but today it was finally a reality.

 

The french doors opened and Seungri and his father walked out. Seungri radiated beauty; the white suit fit him to a tee and his eyes were shining. Jiyong could feel his heart beating in his chest; he just couldn’t believe this gorgeous man was about to become his husband.

 

When Seungri got to the end of the aisle, he took his place next to Jiyong. Excited, he gave a whispered, “hi!” and Jiyong returned it with a warm smile.

 

To Jiyong, the officiant’s opening went by painstakingly slow. He knew the vows were next and he kept trying to rehearse them in his head and at the same time pretend to pay attention. Jiyong was staring at a tree over Seungri’s shoulder, going over his second line when Seungri grabbed his hand. Looking back up at Seungri, he noticed the concerned look on his partner’s face.

 

“You okay?” Seungri mouthed.

 

Trying to keep it together, Jiyong just nodded and attempted his best smile. He didn’t want to mess this up and he definitely didn’t want to worry the man in front of him. Seungri squeezed Jiyong’s hand and rubbed soothing circles with his thumb. Jiyong let himself close his eyes for a second, feeling a wave of calm wash over him. People always said that Seungri was his happy pill, and they were right. Just being around Seungri made Jiyong feel better.

 

The next thing he knew, their minister was saying “I would like at this time to invite the couple to share their vows, Jiyong would you like to go first?”

 

He could feel the panic rising, Jiyong had rehearsed these vows so many times and yet he still felt so unprepared. Seungri took his other hand and gave Jiyong a reassuring smile. And with that, Jiyong felt like he could do anything.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter