Waking Up

The Big Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong woke up to the familiar warmth of Seungri and panicked. He shouldn’t be here. He should not be here, Seungri is going to be pissed. He forgot he wasn’t supposed to be here. Jiyong thought back to last night where he came home late.

 

While he wasn’t drunk, he was still a little buzzed. Seunghyun made sure he didn’t go home without drinking at least a little bit, even though Jiyong kept saying that he shouldn’t drink. He didn’t want to be hungover for the next day, it was too important. So when he got home, he didn’t think about how upset Seungri would be if he got into bed with him. Jiyong didn’t even feel surprised when he slipped under the covers and Seungri wrapped his arms around him without hesitation. He just cuddled up next to Seungri, breathing in his scent and closed his eyes. The last thing Jiyong remembered thinking was how in love with this man he was.

 

But it was morning now, and Seungri was going to be pissed. Jiyong hoped that if he just didn’t move, Seungri would just magically never wake up and Jiyong could stay like this forever. The universe was apparently not on his side because Seungri started stirring in his sleep and Jiyong knew all too well that he was going to wake up soon. So as a last ditch effort, he scooted closer and nuzzled his face into Seungri’s shoulder.

 

The moment didn’t last long as he immediately heard, “Jiyong what do you think you’re doing?”

 

“I’m sorry,” Jiyong whined. “I couldn’t help it. You’re just so warm and I--”

 

Seungri sighed, trying to push Jiyong off him, “You know you’re not supposed to do this. Not today.”

 

Attempting to cling to Seungri, he kept his arms around Seungri’s torso, “I know, okay! I know but it’s a dumb tradition anyways. I mean we’re both men!”

 

Seungri stopped pushing and looked at Jiyong and pouted, “But it’s our wedding day and I want it to be special. If I see you on our wedding day it’s not special. It doesn’t matter that there isn’t a bride, it’s tradition.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Jiyong said. He wanted this day to be special, but he couldn’t help getting into bed with his fiance. After 7 years of being together, it just seemed so natural, he didn’t even think about it. He checked the clock over Seungri’s shoulder and said, “I mean, I won’t even be here long, Youngbae should be picking me up in a few minutes anyways.”

 

“Oh, perfect. Daesung is coming in a half an hour. Seunghyun is meeting us at the venue, right?” Seungri asked, sitting up in bed.

 

Getting out of bed reluctantly, Jiyong replied, “Yeah, he is. I can’t believe we actually let him design a part of our wedding.”

 

Jiyong walked to their closet and threw on some baggy jeans and a loose shirt. If he was going to be sitting around and waiting for half the day, he should at least be comfortable.

 

As he walked back into their bedroom he saw his fiance sitting in their bed checking his phone. Jiyong thought it should be weird, after all their years together he still couldn’t help but smile whenever he saw the man he loved.

 

“Okay, can I at least have one kiss?” Jiyong asked, purposefully jutting out his bottom lip into a pout. He knew Seungri couldn’t resist the puppy dog face.

 

Looking up from his phone, Seungri narrowed his eyes, “Okay fine.”

 

Immediately Jiyong started walking towards the bed and sat in Seungri’s lap. Just as he leaned in, Seungri said, “Just one kiss.”

 

Jiyong smiled and cupped his boyfriend’s cheek, gently pushing their lips together. The kiss was soft and sweet, everything that he had come to associate with Seungri. He didn’t want to break the kiss but he heard the buzzer for their condo go off.

 

Sighing, Jiyong said, “That’s probably Youngbae.”

 

But he didn’t move. Instead he stayed in Seungri’s lap and trailed his fingertips down his soon-to-be husband’s jaw, smiling. He reached up and flattened Seungri’s bed head and then his cheek with his thumb.

 

Seungri gave him an amused look and asked, “What?”

 

Smiling, Jiyong replied, “Nothing. I’m just relishing in the fact that I’m marrying the most beautiful man today.”

 

Rolling his eyes, Seungri pushed Jiyong off him, “You should probably go let Youngbae in.”

 

As suggested, Jiyong got up and started walking away when he felt Seungri grab his hand. He was about to ask ‘What is it?’ when he got pulled back down. Seungri pecked him on the lips and smiled.

 

“I thought you said one kiss?” Jiyong smirked.

 

“Yeah, well, I couldn’t help myself,” Seungri grinned.

 

Rolling his eyes, Jiyong walked towards their front door, buzzing his best friend in. He went back to the bedroom to grab his tux and shoes. Seungri was already in the shower.

 

“Alright, I’m off! See you down the aisle,” Jiyong said.

 

“I’ll be the one in white, love you!” Seungri called.

 

Smiling, Jiyong called back, “So will I, love you too.”

 

Originally, Jiyong was going to be the one in black but Seungri threw a fit. He kept saying that Jiyong looked too jaw dropping in white to wear a black tux. But then it felt weird to have Seungri in black, considering that it was Jiyong who asked Seungri to marry him, so they both decided to wear white.

 

Opening the front door, Youngbae stood with his eyebrow quirked up.

 

“Do I even want to know why it took you so long to let me up?” Youngbae teased.

 

“Hey, it wasn’t like that. I can’t believe you would think so indecently of me,” Jiyong said, pretending to be offended.

 

Rolling his eyes, Youngbae replied with, “Well, it wouldn’t be the first time. You got everything?”

 

Lifting up the tux and the rest of stuff he was bringing to the venue, Jiyong nodded.

 

--

 

The venue was beautiful. They decided on a Spring wedding, so the ceremony was to be held outdoors. It took them months to find the perfect place and Seungri drove Jiyong crazy. He didn’t care where they got married, as long as they did. Seungri, on the other hand wanted everything to be just right. So, in between their busy schedules they visited place after place until they found this one venue and they immediately fell in love. It had a small pond that was surrounded with elegant trees and large grass area.

 

As they walked towards the building for their indoor reception, Jiyong noted the small lanterns in the trees and the colorful flowers everywhere. When they passed by the flower petaled aisle, his heart fluttered. He couldn’t believe that in just a few hours, he and the love of his life were going to get married there. Jiyong made a mental note to thank Seungri for putting so much effort into their decorations, they were beautiful.

 

Once inside the building, there were two signs waiting for them. One pointed to the left that said “Panda Groom” and one that pointed to the right that said “Dragon Groom”.

 

Youngbae laughed and said, “I’m guessing your room is the one on the right.”

 

“You sure? I was thinking I might be the panda groom, but I could be wrong..” Jiyong teased.

The two of them followed the signs and were led to a sort of lounge area. There were couches and tables with a vanity in the corner. To the right, there was a wall of windows with french doors that led to a small patio. On the coffee table there were flowers, champagne and a note.

 

Jiyong picked up the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter