Mary and Sue

Orphanage Art Train

There I was.

Cold and alone. I was strolling closer to the faith of my death. Dark and silent, I don't even know where I'm going. All I know is that I have only one friend with me: the cold steel tracks that apparently have frostbite.

Hours of walking, and all I'm doing is getting colder and colder. Hungrier and hungrier. I hate my life.

Before, I was a bright, happy child. People would call me Sue. Everyone was my best friend. I also had a chocolate cake on a special day for me. My life was great.

Until it happened.

Until that evil devil came in my life. That happiness was over.

This man... He claimed that I was his daughter. I know it was a lie. A man with toothpick legs and long arms could never be my father. But, they believed him. He took me away. And left me.

He just left me alone.

And never came back.

I tried to go back to the orphanage but they though I was joking and that I had a happy life. My life was miserable.

So here I am. Cold and alone (even though the train tracks comfort me.) Sue is all alone. And I hate it. I just want to go back. I want- "Help me..." Huh?

"Uh, h-hello?"

"Help me..."

"Where are you?"

"Under the train tracks."

"What?" 

"Under the train tracks." it repeated.

"Uh, okay." I respond, walking closer so I could try to see this person. Sure enough, someone was under there, and I wonder why. But before the train comes, I need to get them out. I tugged on the tracks, and could tell that someone sliced it out somehow. I tugged harder and harder until the frame came off, and the person came out the cold tracks. I pushed the tracks back in until I was satisfied.

"Okay. I helped you. What's your name?"

"Mary. I don't have a last name." 

"I'm Sue. Why were you stuck there?" 

"I don't know. Someone knocked me out and I just woke up here."

"Here. You're going to get cold. Have my gloves and jacket." 

"Don't you need them?" 

"I can survive without gloves. And I have another jacket underneath." 

"Okay. Where are we going?" 

"I don't know..." 

Just as I said that, a whistle was in the distance. Then I saw a light coming closer and closer. Then came the long body, and for some reason, heights that soar in the skies. I could see some rooms barely holing on. It looked more like a fun house than a train. I looked at Mary, and I could tell that her eye color was green. And her face was in awe. I looked back at the train, and I could notice it was slowing down.

Then in stopped in front of us. And in big, bright red letter, the side read: 'Orphanage Art Train'