I Love You

I Love You

 

"So, what are your plans for Christmas Eve tonight, Rin?" Yoochun asked, during a pauses in his and Chaerin's otherwise steady conversation. 

 

She hummed in thought, twisting a particularly short length of blonde hair around her finger, seemingly without knowing as she thinks about how to reply, "Oh well, I'm just going to stay home tonight and drink hot cocoa by myself." She told him, through the computer screen. 

 

Inwardly, Yoochun sighed in relief but on the outside, his smile disappeared, "Damn, Rin. I'm so sorry you have to spend Christmas alone. I wish I could be there." Double checking the side of his desk to see that the plane tickets were still secure. 

 

Park Yoochun and Lee Chaerin had been dating for nearly 8 years now. Their anniversary was on Valentine's day, courtesy of their friend, Sandara Park, who set them up that day on a blind date. Unfortunately, about one year into their relationship, Chaerin had been accepted into a prestigious college halfway across the country and he had opted to stay behind and attend college near home. This year, she was finally graduating and he couldn't be happier. Honestly, he hadn't expected it to last this long but he was glad it did. It just goes to show when two people had a steady Wi-Fi connection and a devotion to each other, anything could happen. 

 

"What are you doing tonight, Chun Oppa?" She asked, breaking him out of his trance. 

 

He fiddled with the black striped knit scarf, around his neck, thinking long and hard about how to make this realistic before replying, "Same as you actually." He chuckled, trying not to sound awkward and she joined in, "Video chat tonight?" She questioned, after they stop laughing. 

 

Yoochun nodded, confirming the pre-set time they had worked out about 3 months into the video-dating thing. Their different time zones made it a necessity, "Wouldn't miss it for the world, sweetheart." 

 

At this, Chaerin blushed. She always loved his affectionate nicknames, no matter how sweet or cliché they got, "Great. Right now though, I have to go." Chaerin interrupted, glancing at her brown leather moon phase watch and then back up at him, "See you tonight. I love you." 

 

"Love you, too." He said, before they both lean in, kissing through the computer screen as they both close their Skype at the same time. 

 

Yoochun pressed his forehead against the blank screen, already picturing how soft Chaerin's thin lips felt or how well she fit in his arms. He couldn't wait to hold her again. 

 

"She doesn't suspect a thing, dad." He whispered, the necklace, hanging around his neck, "I really wish you could have met her. You would have loved her." Yoochun popped open the little charm, smiling fondly at the picture of him and his dearly departed dad inside, "I know I do." 

 

But enough with the melancholy thoughts. He had a beautiful girlfriend to see and he had be damned if she spent Christmas alone! 

 

He tucked the locket back into his frost gray classic-fit solid garment-dyed slubbed tee shirt, double checking for his car keys while he's at it. He gave Harang, his pet dog, a quick scratch behind the ear as he exit his room. Once that's settled, Yoochun put on his black quilted puffer jacket, slipped on his black weatherproof commuter boots and grabbed his pre-packed luggage before heading out. 

 

The parking at the airport was a nightmare as always but he found a spot nonetheless and parked before heading inside, shivering. Because the ticket was pre-payed for, he could skip the line and head straight to the plane with his carry-on. He hand his boarding pass to the women at the counter and kindly pretended not to notice her obvious flirting before boarding the impressive scientific achievement. 

 

The flight was 4 hours as he had have to switch planes to get to Chaerin's apartment but it wasn't an issue. He hadn't seen her in person since summer break. He could wait just a few more hours. 

 

Unbeknownst to Yoochun, across the county and on the same airline no less, a young lady by the name of Lee Chaerin tucked her bag in the overhead storage compartment and sat down in her seat. She smiled at the thought of surprising Yoochun like this. He didn't have a clue that she had be there. It was the perfect plan. 

 

Both planes arrive at their destination on time. Neither notices their partner while switching planes and they both board according to plan. 

 

Once Yoochun's second plane landed, he hail a taxi and asked the driver to take him to the best flower stand in the city. 

 

5951.33 miles away, Chaerin reached the same conclusion and walked out of a store with Yoochun's favorite brand of chocolate under her arm, her ivory textured knit moto jacket under the other. It was a lot warmer here so she had just put it away when she got to Yoochun's house. She didn't hail a taxi, instead she walked. Yoochun's apartment wasn't far and anyway, it was such a beautiful day. 

 

Meanwhile, Yoochun got out of the taxi before paying the driver. He entered Chaerin's apartment building and took the elevator up to the 5th floor, waiting rather impatiently for it to arrived. As soon as it did, he stepped out and walked quickly down the hall, a grin creeping it's way onto his round-shaped face. He knocked on her door and waited, holding the bouquet of white roses in front of him anxiously as he did so. 

 

Back at Yoochun's apartment, Chaerin finally arrived at his door, smiling sweetly as she knocked. The door opened and she was about to yell 'Surprise' before tackling her boyfriend in a long-awaited embrace but her smile faltered when she saw that it wasn't Yoochun at the door but rather his roommate and best friend, Lee Taesung, "Oh, hey Taesung Oppa." She greeted pleasantly, her smile only slightly forced, "Man, it's been a while, hasn't it?" He leaned against the door frame nonchalantly once she was finished talking. His short dark brown hair was limp and down to his neck. She figured that he must have just gotten out of the shower. Plus, the lack of a shirt was a dead give-away, "Yeah, it's been what, 9 months?" He asked. She nodded in reply but he kept talking before she can say something else, "But let me guess, you are not here to hang out with me, are you?" 

 

She grimaces and shook her head, "I'm sorry Oppa but don't get me wrong, I would love to catch up sometime. I'm here to see Yoochun today though." 

 

Taesung frowned and stood up straight, causing her stomach to tightened with anxiety, "Uh, wow. I'm sorry Chaerin. He's out today and tomorrow. He said he had a date and I assumed that was you, but, uh...sorry." 

 

Her smile crumbled as she looked at him with wide, unbelieving big, black almond-shaped eyes, "I...what?" 

 

He shook his head, looking both angered and heartbroken on her behalf, "! I'm sorry you came all the way out just for this. When I see Yoochun, I will make sure to give him a good pounding for you alright?" 

 

Chaerin didn't respond, eyes fixed on the ground as if it's the most fascinating thing in the world, "Thanks for the offer Oppa, but that's alright. I'm just going to go home now." She muttered, choking back a sob before she turned, running away from the apartment as fast as she can. Taesung called after her but didn't follow, knowing she needed to be alone right now. Alone on a plane and heading home that is. 

 

After about half an hour of waiting by Chaerin's door, Yoochun eventually accepted that she wasn't home and won't be for quite a while longer. He sighed sadly and picked himself up off the ground, making his way to the elevator and down to the lobby. No one pay him much attention and he was glad. He needed to be alone right now. Yoochun was tempted to just walk back to the airport but realized that was pretty stupid this late at night, even for him! Doing the wise thing and hailing a taxi, he huddled up in the backseat with his stuff and held back his tears. 

 

As soon as the taxi stopped in front of the airport, he jumped out and shove a fistful of crumpled cash at the driver, not even checking the amount. Based on the driver's happy squeal, it's way too much, though he didn't care. He purchases a ticket to the halfway mark, directly between his and Chaerin's location and got comfy in one of the chairs. He had a long wait ahead of him if the plane was leaving in an hour. He didn't care about that either. The only thing that mattered, the only thing he had ever truly cared about was Chaerin and she was most likely cheating on him. 

 

Go figure. 

 

In a similar setting, Chaerin finally stood from her chair as the loudspeaker announces the last call for her plane. She shuffles over to the entrance and handed over the necessary information before climbing into the terminal. They shut the door behind her and she got inside the plane just as the stewardess came up to announce the safety information everyone already knew. The flight was pretty empty so she selected a seat in the back, alone and near a window. She put her carry-on down next to her so no one will sit there and settle in for the 4 hour flight home. After about an hour of waiting, Yoochun's plane finally began to board. He can't wait to get home and finally let it all out. Maybe rant to Taesung a little and hurry to the plane. Luckily, not many people were getting on it and the few that decided that they have better places to be than an airport, resulted in them taking off a few minutes ahead of schedule. Yoochun relaxed into his seat or tried to rather, preparing for the 4 hour flight ahead of him. Both of their planes landed in the same airport. 

 

Chaerin was a little behind, due to turbulence as she wobbled out only slightly dazed and completely heartbroken. She made her way over to the baggage claim and waited for the luggage to come down. 

 

In the meantime, because Yoochun had taken all his stuff in carry-on, he was just wasting time by trying to call Taesung. For some reason though, his friend wasn't answering so he decided to give up for now. 

 

He walked over to the ticket counter and waited patiently in line for the people in front of him to get theirs. While waiting, Yoochun looked around the building. He had never liked being still, not for extended periods of time anyway and neither did his dark brown, almond-shaped eyes. 

 

His gaze settle on a familiar light-haired girl wearing an ivory jacket before his jaw went slack. Bag still strapped on one shoulder, Yoochun made his way numbly to the girl, reaching out to touch her when she swung around, pepper spray in hand and spray him directly between the eyes. 

 

His eyes had closed just before the majority of it hit but it still stung like hell! Chaerin dropped her spray, having realized that it was Yoochun and started to panic by grabbing him by the arm and tugging him to where he assumed the bathrooms were. 

 

"Oh god! Dammit!" She curses, as he hobbles along behind her. Yoochun could hear a door swinging open but either it's empty or no one really cares because not a single person said a thing besides Chaerin, "Damn it all to hell! Oppa, I'm so sorry." 

 

He heard the faucet being and then she splashes cold water onto his face, trying to help get rid of the pepper spray residue. It took a few minutes, some rather furious scrubbing on his part and about a pound of paper towels but eventually, Yoochun opened up his eyes again. 

 

He blinked a few times, still a bit uncomfortable and stare at Chaerin who stare back, neither saying a word. 

 

"Rin, what are you doing here?" He asked, after a long moment. 

 

She responded immediately, "I was heading home from your place after Taesung told me you weren't there anymore." This time, the memory didn't make her tear up. She tilted her head to the side, confused "What are you doing then?" 

 

Yoochun let out a forced laugh, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "I was doing the same. You didn't answer your apartment door so I figured that I might as well head home. Alone." 

 

There was another long pauses. This one lasting a solid minute as both of them put the pieces together before Chaerin snorted. She cover , grinning, only to do it again, and again, until she was laughing so hard her side started hurting and tears were streaming down her oval-shaped face. Yoochun couldn't help but join in. No matter how weird her laugh may seem, it was highly contagious and he fell for it every time. 

 

As the laughter die down, he grinned widely and closes the distance between them in just a few short strides. Her laughter was cut short by a surprised gasps when he wrapped an arm around her slim waist, pulling her close and kissing her long and deep. She hummed in delight and leaned in closer. 

 

"I love you so damn much, Chaerin." He muttered, breathlessly against her red lips. 

 

"And I love you." She replied, face flushed as they lean in again. 

 

Above, a speaker announces that the airport is shut down for the next few hours due to heavy snow, not that either of them notice. They were in their own little word. A world which consisted of 3 things; 1) Chaerin, 2) Yoochun and 3) the endless time they had together. 

 

Nothing else mattered in their eyes.